PDA

View Full Version : TCGs

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 28th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Have you ever played a CCG/TCG, and if so what is/was it.

For me, I have collected Pokemon, Monster Rancher, DBZ/GT, Yu Yu Hakusho, and I am currently playing MTG and Yu-Gi-Oh.

IcyMourdor
Dec 29th, 2004, 12:13 AM
I've been playing Magic for about 5 years. Only play it like once a month now and I haven't bought cards in a long time.

I used to play Pokemon when it first came out. It was my first game of thie genre i tried and it was easy to learn. Kinda grew out of it though when I learned Magic.

trunks69420
Dec 29th, 2004, 09:49 AM
I used to play the DBZ CCG... i played that a lot actually.. all my friends who played with me moved away.. so now i have like 1500 cards i do nothing with... but i will admit while i was playing it... i had tons of fun though... anyone wanna buy 1500 dbz cards;)?

DSgamer
Dec 29th, 2004, 01:05 PM
i really enjoyed, still enjoy pokemon cards haha sometimes i go to the weird yu gi oh kids and i go "il play" and i bust out my pokemon, they get kinda mad at me O_O :-D im trying to bring pokemon bak, i already brought gameboy color and pokemon red blue dueling bak i just need to bring the cards

LrdAlucard
Dec 30th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Ive played Magic: The Gathering a few years too, me and my bro have at least 5000 cards in here. wont even consider throwing themaway, theyr just too precious and have lots of memories in them :) and besides, tlast year i played all year with my college mates, so i guess ill probably keep playing as long as someone has them too heh

Phenom
Dec 30th, 2004, 07:47 AM
I play MTG and VS every once in a while. The other games seems a bit too kiddy-ish for my taste. I've been playing MTG for about a good year and a half. VS for about 4, maybe 5 months. Never have collected any cards though. I've always played online with a system called apprentice.

Berserker
Dec 30th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Could someone please enlighten me what the hell you guys are talking about? :lmao:
Is it like those panini soccer cards you used to have but then you play games with them or something? I used to have the Italy 1990 panini book complete, but I don't know what I should play with it???

LrdAlucard
Dec 31st, 2004, 06:20 AM
lol berseker. uve never seen yu-gi-oh cards out there? or DBZ cards? uve never seen kids playing pokemon cards or stuff like that? :o im shocked..... XD

Redpyramidhead
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:59 PM
Personally, i cringe at the thought of most of those games. I don't know why. The collecting part is annoying. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a "collection" of "collectable" items my entire life. Not a true one, anyway. Go figure. It's all a big marketing scam. Yes I'm in a bad mood, so stab me in the neck. See if I care. :P

_RED_ stuff

Berserker
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:16 AM
lol berseker. uve never seen yu-gi-oh cards out there? or DBZ cards? uve never seen kids playing pokemon cards or stuff like that? :o im shocked..... XD

No, what do they play? Is it like poker or trading? I remember that when I was little you had those garbage pail kids stickers and we threw them at a wall and whoever was the closest won the other kids stickers is it anything like that???

Phenom
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:26 PM
Personally, i cringe at the thought of most of those games. I don't know why. The collecting part is annoying. In fact, I don't think I've ever had a "collection" of "collectable" items my entire life. Not a true one, anyway. Go figure. It's all a big marketing scam. Yes I'm in a bad mood, so stab me in the neck. See if I care. :P

_RED_ stuff
ROTFLMAO... that's exactly how I feel about these card games. The only thing that I've ever collected was basketball and football cards. "shrugs" But MTG and VS are only something to keep me occupied even though I don't collect those cards either.

No, what do they play? Is it like poker or trading? I remember that when I was little you had those garbage pail kids stickers and we threw them at a wall and whoever was the closest won the other kids stickers is it anything like that???
Don't worry about it. They're pretty lame IMO. I assume you haven't seen Yugioh the TV show. Well it's just card battles.... and stuff. "shrugs" (not good in explaining things) If your 17+ then I'd suggest playing VS or MTG since it's for the older crowd.

Urahara Kisuke
Sep 7th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Time to revive my old thread. Just started trying to play the new Full Metal Alchemist TCG. It seems good, but since my deck really sucks right now I can't really give a great opinion of it.