PDA

View Full Version : Mommy, is Sonic Dying??

Keyblade Master
Dec 22nd, 2004, 01:21 AM
Now I'm sad that Sonic the unforgetable, who is now being forgotten,
is about to drop off the face of the earth. I can't emagine if it really happened, what will they do, move on and forget he ever existed! NO!! :disgust: (sniff) It's not fair, it's just not fair...( :cry: sob) ( :cry: sob) why Sonic why... I really need a pick me up right about now...
What I really wanna know is "will come back in a blaze of glory" or " drown
silently and be forgotten by the world... I need answers... who will save
him... Come back Sonic, please... (:cry:sob)

Dactrius
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:15 AM
Sonic Advance 3 was released only a few months ago, and with the DS just out, Sonic team will doubtlessly be working on some kind of new Sonic title. Also the Sonic Compilation is set to be released on consoles soon consisting of the old Genesis/Mega Drive games.

Don't count out the blue 'hog yet, he never was one to stay down. ;)

Keyblade Master
Dec 23rd, 2004, 01:59 AM
Re-Really, oh thank you!! I really needed that. So the whole crybaby thing
I did was because sonic is ny favorite character of all time.
Thanks again... ;)

Diablometroid
Jan 3rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
As one sonic fan to another, sonic is by no means dead. Although I think it would be totally kick-ass if they (Sonic Team) created some games not centered around sonic...i.e. shadow, knux, or espio (chaos is a possibility too).
Those main three would probably be able to step around the shadow that is cast over them...

By the way, I am in favor of the retro 2-D style...the 3-D games are ok, but I keep harkening back to the days of yore with Sonic zipping through Ice Cap zone in Sonic 3...anyone else with me?

kupoartist
Jan 3rd, 2005, 06:53 PM
By the way, I am in favor of the retro 2-D style...the 3-D games are ok, but I keep harkening back to the days of yore with Sonic zipping through Ice Cap zone in Sonic 3...anyone else with me?
Hehe... I remember the first time I saw that Snowboard sequence. For a young, easily pleased and nerdy kid in the mid 90's, that kind of thing was the definition of "Cool" ^^

I've not really played sonic games since the Mega Drive / Genesis days. I had all 7 "Sonic" MD titles and played them like it was some kind of religious duty to. I spent my time wanting Sega's (pretty pointless, monsterously expensive) Mega Drive add-ons, the Mega-CD and 32x, just so I could play Sonic CD and Chaotix. Well, eventually (like, 10 years later), Emulation happened. I even had the comics, novels and folders full of Sonic pictures that I spent all my time off of the damned games drawing. My biggest regret? That I never had a Plush Doll of Tails... My (Probably Best) Friend Sarah did, and I was mega-envious... Perhaps I was only her friend because she had it :laugh:

My favorite game was Sonic 2... It has just the right balance of what makes a sonic game a sonic game, without lapsing into the repeatition or sometimes barrel-scraping design of some of the later games. They're all classics though, just some are more perfect than others :)

Dactrius
Jan 3rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
I had all 7 "Sonic" MD titles and played them like it was some kind of religious duty to. I spent my time wanting Sega's (pretty pointless, monsterously expensive) Mega Drive add-ons, the Mega-CD and 32x, just so I could play Sonic CD and Chaotix. Well, eventually (like, 10 years later), Emulation happened. I even had the comics, novels and folders full of Sonic pictures that I spent all my time off of the damned games drawing.

:shock: Whoa, you just described my youth too! I so wanted Chaotix, I almost burst. I used to collect the British 'Sonic the Comic' religiously, in fact I still have a lot of them.

My favourite was always Sonic 3. The bonus stage was really good and the graphics were a huge step up from Sonic 2. The storyline was also better, and continued on into Sonic and Knuckles, which amazed me. I never could get Tails through the Carnival Night Zone though, which meant I never got to see if there was a Super Tails or a Hyper Tails. :shame:

kupoartist
Jan 4th, 2005, 06:04 AM
:shock: Whoa, you just described my youth too! I so wanted Chaotix, I almost burst. I used to collect the British 'Sonic the Comic' religiously, in fact I still have a lot of them.
Having things in common with me is usually something to be scared about ^^. I hoarded those comics as well (from something like number 64 to 120?), but I think my mum sold them all on when I lost interest. I hear they've stopped making them now... a proper sign that Sonic just isn't legendary anymore.
I never could get Tails through the Carnival Night Zone though, which meant I never got to see if there was a Super Tails or a Hyper Tails. :shame:
Super Tails, yes (Plus psychadelic cute bird things!). No Hyper Tails tho.

Dactrius
Jan 4th, 2005, 08:01 AM
I hear they've stopped making them now... a proper sign that Sonic just isn't legendary anymore.

Yeah, the comic stopped a couple of years back which is a tragedy, because there were some very talented people working on that. There is a fansite though that continues the comic, I think they applied for the rights or something, I know they're definitely backed by the writers of STC.

I agree though, Sonic isn't the pillar of influence he once was. I definitely think he's had his day, but I don't think he's gone for good.

Keyblade Master
Jan 15th, 2005, 03:38 AM
Do you guys Know any 3-d releases coming out soon??