PDA

View Full Version : VGA's!

Billyum7
Dec 15th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Well this about video games but its about all consoles and it was on tv so i put it on general discussion anyone watch them? if you didnt ill show you the results..

Most addictive game fueled by DEW(fan Favorite)Winner-Burnout 3 Takedown
Others-City of heros, Donkey Konga, Katamari Damacy, The Sims 2

Best Gaming Website(Fan Favorite)Winner-Gamespot.comOthers-1up.com, Gamespy.com, IGN.com, Shacknews.com

Best Gaming Publication(Fan Favorite)Winner-Game Informer!Others-Electronic Gaming Monthly, GMR, Official Playstation Magazine, Official XBOX Magazine.

Best Song in a Video GameWinner-American Idiot, Greenday(Madden 2004)
Others-I Do, Chingy(NFSU2), Pain, Jimmy Eat World(THUG2), Lean Back, Terror Squad(NFSU2), Go, Will.I.Am(NBA Live)

Best Military GameWinner-Call of Duty:Finest Hour
Others-Conflict:Vietnam, Full Spectrum Warrior, Rome: Total War, Warhammer 40,000:Dawn of War.

Best Role-Playing gameWinner-Fable
Others-Bards Tale, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, X-Men Legends.

Best Mass-Multiplayer GameWinner-City of Heros
Others-Everquest II, Final Fantasy XI.

Best HandheldWinner-Metroid: Zero Mission
Others-Astro Boy: Omega Factor, Mario Golf, Pokemon Fire Red.

Best New TechnologyWinner-Nintendo DS
Others-Half Life 2 Engine, NVIDIA GeForce 6800, Spherex XBOX 5.1 Surround Sound.

Best GraphicsWinner-Half Life 2
Others-Doom 3, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden

Best Wireless GameWinner-Might and Magic
Others-CBS SportsLine Baseball 2004, Jamdat Sports NFL 2005, National Treasure.

Best PC GameWinner-Half Life 2
Others-Doom 3, Rome: Total War, The Sims 2.

Best First Person ActionWinner-Halo 2
Others-Doom 3, Far Cry, Half Life 2, Unreal Tournament 2004.

Designer of the YearWinner-Jason Jones(Halo2)
Others-Alex Ward(Burnout3 Takedown), Hideo Kojima(Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Sam Houser(Grand Theft Auto San Andreas), Tomonobu Itagaki(Ninja Gaiden)

Best Fighting GameWinner-Mortal Kombat: Deception
Others-Dead or Alive: Ultimate, Def Jam: Fight for NY, Fight Night 2004, WWE: Smackdown! vs. RAW.

Best SoundtrackWinner-Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Others-Halo 2, Golden Eye:Rouge Agent, Katamari Damacy, Madden NFL 2005

Best Sports GameWinner-Madden NFL 2005
Others-ESPN NFL2K5, NBA Ballas, Tony Hawk Underground 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005

Best Action GameWinner-Grand Theft Auto San AndreasOthers-Metal Gear Solid 3, Ninja Gaiden

Pontiac GTO Best Driving GameWinner-Burnout 3 TakedownOthers-NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup, Need for Speed Underground 2

Cyber Vixen of the YearWinner-BloodRayne(BloodRayne2)Others-Carmen Electra(Def Jam: Fight for NY), Luba Licious(Leisure Suit Larry), Rachel Teller played by Brooke Burke(NFSU2), Tina Armstrong(Dead or Alive: Ultimate

Best Performance by a Human MaleWinner-Samuel L. Jackson(GTA: San Andreas)
Others-Christopher Lee(Golden Eye: Rouge Agent), Hugh Jackman(Van Helsing), Tobey McGuire(Spiderman 2), Vin Diesel(Chronicles of Riddick)

Best Performance by a Human FemaleWinner-Brooke Burke(NFSU2)
Others-Carmen Electra(Def Jam: Fight for NY), Heidi Klum(007: Everything or Nothing), Jennifer Garner(Alias), Judi Dench(Golden Eye: Rogue Agent)

Best Game Based on a MovieWinner-Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butch Bay
Others-Golden Eye: Rogue Agent, Spiderman 2, Star Wars Battlefront

NOW WHAT DETERMINES WHAT THE BEST GAME OF THE YEAR IS...

GAME OF THE YEAR Nominees are--Burnout 3 Takedown--Grand Theft Auto San Andreas--Halo 2--Half Life 2--Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater-

AND THE BEST GAME OF THE YEAR IS....

GRAND THEFT AUTO SAN ANDREAS!!

Do you guys like the results cuz I love them!

Dactrius
Dec 15th, 2004, 08:04 PM
"Best cyber vixen"? That's a new one to me... :sarcasm:

Glad to see San Andreas cleaned up though! Definately my pick for Game of the Year, it outdoes Halo 2 by leaps and bounds in my opinion.

Billyum7
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Same here i think gta should win it but i was just thinking that halo would win cuz when that game came out there were lines like crazy. i was at the opening of gta not that many but halo was insane...but im glad GTA won.

Nelo Angelo
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Hmm, I don't agree/care about most of their choices.

Most Addictive Game- Eh.

Best Gaming Website- Heh, a bit surprised at this one. Don't really care for those sites anyways, I form my OWN opinion on games(Which somehow most people cannot do....O_o), I rarely look at those sites for info though.

Best Gaming Publication- Guess I agree there. :x

Best Song in a Video Game- Can't be one. =P

Best Military Game-What the hell....Bleh, Rome: Total War should've had this one.

Best RPG- LOL OMG. Fable was a disappointment in my opinion, where is ToS or Star Ocean 3 on that poll?

Best Handheld Game- Good, the voters actually made a good choice. =D

Best New Technology- Hmm, guess I'll agree there too.

Best Graphics- No contest...

Best PC Game-Hmm, maybe.

Best FPS Game- I suppose. Only because of the MP though.

Cyber Vixen of the Year- Heh, I'd rather have Tina win that one, Rayne's face looks like it got hit too many times with a baseball bat....

Game of the Year- I'd rather have Halo 2 or Half-Life 2 win. Then again, I never thought too highly of GTA in the first place.

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 15th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Too bad Metroid Prime 2 didn't make any of the categories. :ouch:

Billyum7
Dec 15th, 2004, 11:14 PM
I was suprised metroid prime 2 wasnt there cuz it got awesome reviews i wonder why..

kupoartist
Dec 16th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Hmm, I don't agree/care about most of their choices.

They choose them as opposed to giving into blatant popularity? Actually, isn't it all down to votes on their website or do they actually have "experts" to judge these things?

Vic Viper
Dec 16th, 2004, 11:31 AM
They choose them as opposed to giving into blatant popularity? Actually, isn't it all down to votes on their website or do they actually have "experts" to judge these things?

its just a popularity contest, everybody could vote. :boom:

Nelo Angelo
Dec 16th, 2004, 12:46 PM

It's all down to the voters to decide who wins, I just thought it was pretty odd that there wasn't a single Gamecube game up there(Ports don't count >_>).

Billyum7
Dec 17th, 2004, 12:49 AM
whats system is katamari damacy for?

kupoartist
Dec 17th, 2004, 06:58 AM
whats system is katamari damacy for?
PS2 Japan and US only. Stupid European arm of Namco...

Billyum7
Dec 17th, 2004, 08:37 AM
ahh i never heard of it...What do you do roll things up in a ball? thats what it looked like...

IcyMourdor
Dec 17th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Hmmm...don't get me wrong, I like the GTA series, but how in the hell would that game beat out MGS3 AND Halo 2.

Thats it, I'm going down to Spike and snapping some necks...*walks away*

kupoartist
Dec 17th, 2004, 11:26 AM
It's that time of the year for game awards... also confirmed are Edge's picks. Confirmed by the BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4102685.stm#quote) for some hell knows reason. SA managed only runners up for "Audio Design", but Rockstar North got best developer. No sign of MGS3 at all, and Halo 2 puts in a "nearly but not quite" showing. Oh and Katamary Damashii did extremely well considering that Edge must have been playing it on import... I know I trust Edge's list more than some US TV channel i've never heard off. Oh, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with that game being GOTY ^^

Aside from that, quite a few of the online news sites are posting GOTY lists for individual platforms, with overall lists appearing later.

Billyum7
Dec 19th, 2004, 02:50 PM
im glad gta beat halo and i never liked mgs anyway...