PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to receive this Christmas?

Meiko
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:27 AM
So guys, what do you want as a present for this Christmas and what are you getting for yourself? I'm not only referring to videogames, but in general. Also what are you getting for your friends/siblings/parents/loved ones? Are you still thinking about it, you have anything stored somewhere because you bought your presents ages ago or are you going for last minutes Christmas shopping?

tempted
Dec 14th, 2004, 06:17 AM
What i'm going to give?... takes too much time to write it all down..i have a huge family ..luckily i already have all my shopping done this year..as to what i would like to get..i have no idea..i got tired of material stuff..i'm strange like that :peoples: ..so i think all i want is some peace..something that i didn't get during the whole year..so that's all i ask..some peace.

happy_doughnut
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:07 PM
I think Christmas is one of the better times of the year, even if it is misunderstood a bit. In any case, don't you think it's wonderful? To be able to spend an evening/night with those you care for... very nice, I think.

Anyway, unfortunately, due to school and finals, I haven't been able to do any shopping. But, as is always the case, I always end up getting caught in the last minute Christmas shopping rush for some inexplicable reason.

I'm going to be honest: I love receiving presents! Maybe I'm greedy or selfish, but I love receiving, even more so that giving. Yes, I know. I should be ashamed, but I'm not. :mean:

Since I'm rather short on money for the holidays, I only have a semi-limited list of people whom I will give presents to. For the rest, I might just buy a card and chocolates or something. This is what I plan:

My mom - A coat or a purse and chocolates, because she doesn't eat chocolates; she just likes to keep the pretty Godiva boxes... so this means *I* get to eat the chocolates. :shappy: [still need to buy]
My dad - A jacket or shoes and chocolates, because he doesn't eat chocolates either. [still need to buy]
My brother - A small diecast replica model car of the new Mustang. Since I can't afford the actual car, this will have to suffice. [I actually already paid for this one]
My older nephews - Either a videogame or some anime. Not too sure. [still need to buy]
My younger little nephews - A board game, books (they must read!), and a plush.[still need to buy]
My nutter mate - Oh! This is probably the best present I will ever give! I have actually been collecting the things since May. Since the things are really, really hard to find in good condition, it's taking me a lot of time. Also, since they're rather... expensive, I decided to disperse the buys throughout lenghy time intervals. Somehow doesn't seem so much that way. For her, I have about 8 "things" I collected, plus the "thing" I will buy this weekend so she can play it on. Also, I intend to buy chocolates. Unfortunately, she doesn eat them though :weep: and some x-mas plus and a card. Yep. I'd give more details, but she might see this!
My... friend - I'm making this one. I decided to make a wood carving of his name, so that it will serve as a display thing and as a pencil holder. I also bought a small diecast model of this favorite car (whose price nearly gave me a heart attack) so I can put it on the name thing. I drew diagrams, and it looks very nice. I tried making the carving already, but it's rather difficult. I hope I don't lose all my fingers. Aside from this, I'm also getting him an MP3 player that he wants along with the Butterfly Effect movie DVD and a card. He can't eat chocolates, so I might get some for him, too!

That's all. Seems like the last two are getting more things that the rest. :laugh: Oh, well. They desserve it more, really.

As for me, I want many things! But I especially want chocolate. Oh, how I wish someone could give me a chocolate donut right now... I hope someone picks up the hint that I want a Nintendo DS, so I can play this one game... Fire Emblem or something. The DS isn't necessary for the game, but since my GBA is broken, I need another handheld, and what better than a DS? :D My fambly is so dense, though, that I doubt they will get it.

I also want the second season of the uncut Sailormoon DVDs. What can I say? I'm still stuck in that phase. Hmm. A sweater would be nice, but that's all, I think. I want a Nintendo DS, the Sailoormoon second season DVDs, and chocolates!

That's what I'm buying myself: chocolates. :o

What about you, Meiko?

RobHardo
Dec 14th, 2004, 01:39 PM
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/NexxTech--Home-Theater-System--ESDVD100-/sem/rpsm/oid/97421/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

^Very, very, very cheap for what i want to do. I just want it for my room so it will be excellant.

Soccer(futbol) stuff = gloves, a new jersey(im keeper for my high school team) and some predators :party: :party: :party:

a few movies and assorted video games.

As for others:
My brother and myself pick out matching-ish things together for our family

Girlfriend- she wants some playboy bunny pj's and im gunna get her a necklace (deciding on whether to go gold or silver)

Best friend: The complete set of SeaLab 2021 dvds :-)

Piggle_humsy
Dec 14th, 2004, 04:26 PM
I'm just hoping for GTA San Andreas but that's even if I manage to get my Ps2 back, It needed to be exchanged but there's a shortage on Ps2's here which is crazy so I'm having to wait ages, I've been waiting since the start of November! :shame: :roll:

Also hoping to get some of my Film developed.

But other than that I'm just looking forward to the nice big meal with the family.

Got some presents for my family

Dad ~ A couple of Books to do with history and war.
Sis ~ Lotr Rotk Collectors Boxset to finish the collection.
Brother - Some Dvd's
Nan - A special handmade Keyring from New zealand.

That's about it. :santa:

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

LrdAlucard
Dec 14th, 2004, 05:59 PM
i guess im a little selfish too. i love receiving presents, but i like to give them and see a smile in ppls face too.
im saving my savings for airsoft material, so this year i wont give too many presents. just for my family and someone really special to me, my ex gf :blush:

father - a book called "codigo davinci" (tranlated its "da vinci's code" a book about a secret organization popular writers/paintors/etc had)

mother - some sauce containers..well dont know what to say about them lol

brother - a chocolate and a dvd, of "gato fedorento" (pt stuff)

ex gf - a pucca doll ^_^ its do damn cute

this year i asked some stuff, like albums and anime n stuff liek that, but what i want the most is the iron maiden - rock in rio dvd....i so dream about it sometimes a teardrop just comes out with the enthusiasm....(i know its pathetic)

Chara
Dec 14th, 2004, 06:49 PM
To be honest I really dont want anything this christmas. I never even put any thought into it, and christmas is right around the corner. But if I were to ask for anything, it would probably be a creative zen touch player. Its just like an ipod, but better. :)

I would also like to have a digital camera, since photography is a hobbby of mine. I think I might be getting one, too.

As for others, I have no clue as to what I am going to get. I am going to go on a last minute shopping spree, like I always do.

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 14th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Well for Christmas I would love to receive some cards, animes, and anime related items(shirts, figures, and such). I know that I am greedy most of the time, can't really stop human nature though.
As for others, I am broke and if I had to get things for 7, not counting outside my household, it would be a pain. I may get some stuff, but not much for others. Maybe once I get a job I can get more stuff for family members and friends.
Also school vacation is never a bad thing.

pjb2006
Dec 14th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Well, i turned 16 last June, so u know what that means...new car! I'm "wishing" for a 2002 Toyota Celica. That'll probably be my main thing, along with a couple of small things (SpiderMan2 dvd, MGS3, Pikmin2, KOTOR2).

TtTackler
Dec 14th, 2004, 08:42 PM
I'm just going to get gift certificates to give as presents. I don't have time to think and find out something to get for everyone.

There's nothing I want. I mean, I want a digital camera..but I don't care if I have one or not. I'm probably going to get money or something.

007_JamesBond
Dec 14th, 2004, 10:57 PM
my stuff from the states lol

IcyMourdor
Dec 15th, 2004, 12:16 AM
I'm not exactly sure what I want. I've been more preoccupied with getting gifts for other people I really haven't thought about it. I'm probably going to give my little bro a new GBA game. My parents I have no clue about. I think I'm going to get something big for my house that my three roommates and I can use. I'm going to buy some stuffed horses and some lilac candles for my friend Bobby. She LOVES both of those kind of things.

As for myself, kinda the hopeless romantic in me, but a girlfriend couldn't hurt. :D

Berserker
Dec 15th, 2004, 02:10 AM
I'm not getting much this year, me moving out of house and renting a house with my gf has been so expensive that I don't have any money left....I'll make it up to them next year...that's a promise :posh:

Pu the Owl
Dec 15th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Books and games and an art stamp for mother.
Classical music CDs for father.
Book and Peanuts watch for nephew.
Miscellaneous stuff for friend.
X gift for Harry (he will come and read, so I can't write here what's his present :P).

I'm not interested in going around to buy stuff this year, so most things are online purchases. As for me, my present to myself is I'm going to France for a week :cool: (after that I won't have any money left hehehe).

Hylas
Dec 16th, 2004, 12:36 PM
I want chocolate too!!!!!!!!!!! Buy me chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have to buy stuff for family and friends. I'm penniless and without any good ideas. Every year it's the same story! I love Christmas but having to buy presents is a nightmare! :nerv:

jasper27
Dec 20th, 2004, 08:20 AM
I would like some peace and quiet time that I can play the games that I would like to try without any interruptions. It is hard to get everyone the things that they would like for christmas, now a days everything is just so expensive.

goodman
Dec 20th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Yeah i agree with Jasper, finding quiet time. Ive worked ten hour days for the past month, ready for a bit of r&r. Luckily we dont exchange presents anymore, we all have what we want, and if we dont have it, will get it. Im giving my sisters kids a few PS games, though, im going to California for Christmas to be with my sister and her family. Everybody have a Merry Christmas, btw. I will have internet access, so i expect can say hi again.. :scream:

jjmoohead
Dec 20th, 2004, 01:51 PM
I have no idea what im getting for christmas I have not asked for anything. The entire family is going to Florida end of january (parents, 4 of my 5 brothers and sisters, their wives/husbands, 5 of 7 grandchildren and my aunt and here granddaughter. 15 of us. So i guess some tickets to some stuff to save me money would be good.

As for my gifts i bought -

Best Friend - Shotglasses from my Europe Adventure

Mom and Dad - Nothing yet, gotta wait till i get home

Nieces and Nephews - Complete set of coins from England, Switzerland and the Euro - Great gift idea for people in north america

Don't buy for brothers and sisters, just their kid

Other friend - Post cards from all my places i visited in europe (she collects them)

trunks69420
Dec 20th, 2004, 05:10 PM
I want to recieve Absinth for christmas... anyone who lives in the UK or where its legal... we should chat about howi can pay you to ship it to the US... i love you all xoxoxo *wink wink*

Gadzoox
Dec 20th, 2004, 07:44 PM
All I want for Christmas is Frank Castle! ;)
*ahem*

Anywho. I got the new 'Dawn of the Dead' DVD for my brother (and I'm hoping he got me the same thing! ^^), two huuuge tins of Tim Hortons coffee for my dad, a iron cast Tibetan Lion-Dog 'guardian' figure for my mom, and tons of treats for the dog, cat and fishes!

Hope all your wishes come true and have nothing but happy times ahead! ^^

Pu the Owl
Dec 21st, 2004, 07:47 AM
I want to recieve Absinth for christmas... anyone who lives in the UK or where its legal... we should chat about howi can pay you to ship it to the US... i love you all xoxoxo *wink wink*

Oh, I have absinthe candies! They're legal, but even if their taste is very aromatic and a bit too strong, they are nothing more than simple candies... :right:

DSgamer
Dec 21st, 2004, 01:37 PM
i got my bro a stanley kubrik book because he really likes him.
i got my dad one of those packets from home depot with a lot of tools and a power drill becase he likes tools and stuff
and my dad gave me 50 bux and i bought 2cds (atreyu - the curse, poison the well - you come before you) and a dvd (iron maiden - the early yaers)
I wanted to get a Nintendo DS but the fam is a bit broke this year

Aubrey McFatum
Dec 21st, 2004, 11:33 PM
I'd like to receive DVD's, books, and of course some new games. A Nintendo DS would be cool too, but I'm not getting it for now. Maybe somebody will do it for me :laugh:

For parents I'm not used to buy anything original. Probably some useful object for dad because he likes this stuff and perfume for mom. For younger sister some anime box set because she likes to collect them, but nothing too expensive. For older sister I have no ideas, she's very difficult and doesn't like many things. For friends probably nothing because I'm broke. Maybe chocolate, thanks doughnut for the suggestion :D

Mushu4eva
Dec 22nd, 2004, 02:16 PM
i think anything that shows it was bought with love is good for me right now.

Daniel Legge
Dec 22nd, 2004, 03:26 PM
All i want for christmas is a good time. Same as always. I would like a bit of peace and quiet everynow and again.

Other than that there is very little i want or need. Maybe some new shoes.

pjb2006
Dec 24th, 2004, 09:56 PM
I'm hoping on getting a 2001 6 cylinder silver Honda Accord w/spoiler, power windows/locks, and leather interior :drool:, It only has 50,000 miles and they want $14,000 for it, cheap compared to the other Hondas I've seen.

Keyblade Master
Dec 24th, 2004, 10:51 PM
I want to go home!!
Just kidding... What I want is for everyone to have a merry Chrustmas
and hope they get what they want... But personally: Kingdom Hearts 2
to come out sooner