PDA

View Full Version : So nobody is playing PoPWW?

goodman
Dec 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Kinda surprised seeing as more than a few seemed to be playing the original game. Im hearing different things about it, some not so good. Share what youve experienced, please............

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 5th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I may sound dumb, but what does PoPWW stand for? Thanks

Vic Viper
Dec 5th, 2004, 08:09 PM
^^ prince of persia: warrior within..

Kinda surprised seeing as more than a few seemed to be playing the original game. Im hearing different things about it, some not so good. Share what youve experienced, please............

im still pretty busy with mgs3 so i havent have a chance to buy pop:ww, ill probably get it around christmas time. and yea i keep reading some mixed feeling about pop 2, even though the core gameplay is still there, some people are complaining about the new direction of the game, you know, how they made the game more mature.

goodman
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:11 AM
I may sound dumb, but what does PoPWW stand for? Thanks

Hi, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, it came out on all systems i believe on like the 30th of November. Yeah Vic, it sounds like its hard to tell now if the Prince is the good guy or the bad guy. Ive been checking the GameFaqs boards, and the reaction is mixed there, for sure. I wont reveal anything, but without a doubt i wont be paying full price for it, probably check it out at my usual cut rate, it is supposed to be a longer game. If the combat is more fun than the first i may enjoy it more, i hope so...

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 6th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the help. Also with Prince of Persia, I didn't really like the first one, but I may still get the second one. It looks cool though.

Dactrius
Dec 6th, 2004, 04:36 PM
I just got it today, been playing it for a little while, and I gotta say... wow! It's hard! The first boss whupped me so many times! I can't remember for sure since it's been about a year since I played the last Prince of Persia, but I'm sure the combat has changed slightly. Feels harder and less-fluent now.

Everything else is about the same though, including the frustrating camera. And I really don't like how the prince is now. Dark and brooding characters are my kind of protagonists, but this just doesn't feel right. He used to be witty and sarcastic... now he's just moody.

goodman
Dec 6th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Dac, i was disappointed in the first game, myself. Although i didnt pay much for it, i got to a point where my frustration did me in, and i gave up on it. Nice to know this one may even be worse for the reasons i didnt like the first. Sounds like a rental for sure, or extremely cheap purchase, thanks again...

Infernal Mass
Dec 11th, 2004, 05:04 AM
I have the ps2 demo and the only complaint i had from the first game was the combat. Ubisoft montreal has also made the game longer than the first. So yea, i'll be buying it soon. Still playing halo 2, DOA:U, and GTA: SA. I'm in no rush to play pop:ww, all in due time..

goodman
Dec 11th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Cool, ive read enough comments now, and know i wont be buying it, but will probably do the rent one get one later next year, let me know what you think, though IM when you get the chance. Im playing Star Ocean for the ps2 and having a blast with it.

pjb2006
Dec 14th, 2004, 08:08 PM
i loved the first one. Sure the combat became repetitive quickly, but that's why u only spent 1/3 of the game fighting stuff. The real attraction is the acrobatics, the glory of wall-running, scaling castle walls, and all the while you're able to change the flow of time if u happen to slip up. I have a feeling that the developers are making a "Devil May Cry 2" mistake, thinking that making the lead character darker and more disturbed is going to attract more players. Changing a great game too much is a mistake made by all too many developers. DMC1 was an outstanding game loved by millions. Why would they change the basics so drastically for the sequel...nobody knows...but it sucked. PoP might have made the same mistake, but i hope not. This may seem cliche :blank: , but nevertheless, it holds true..."don't fix something if it isn't broken."

goodman
Dec 14th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Very good points, Pj. I reached a point in the first, though, where i literally couldnt advance because of an area i couldnt fight myself out of. After probably twenty or so tries i just said screw it. I hear the second has not only the dark character but also the musical score is techno funk or something, not in the atmosphere of the usual Prince games. The fact that they have made several Prince games over the years gives them the chance to improve on this particular game in the future. I saw a very well done special on Spike tv about a month ago, and was really anticipating the game, but now will not be hurrying at all. Im just getting ready to start the second disc of Star Ocean and have ShadowHearts 2 after that, it could easily be February or March before another game creeps in there...

LrdAlucard
Dec 15th, 2004, 01:53 AM
i saw the trailer...it rocked...and looked creepy :s lol

Infernal Mass
Dec 29th, 2004, 01:25 AM
i bought it today(xbox), haven't opened it yet though. Probably try it out once i'm finished with San Andreas. (I'd be done if my memory card hadn't gotten wiped out by Sony's retarded demo disc)

goodman
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Sounds like the ps2 version had some issues, so i expect thats a good choice to go with another version. I actually heard the GC version was the best of the three, some day im gonna have to dust the ole cube off again, maybe check out the second Metroid.........

Infernal Mass
Dec 29th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Actually, the xbox version has more content/ gameplay modes available thru xbox live.

Vic Viper
Dec 29th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Actually, the xbox version has more content/ gameplay modes available thru xbox live.

i heard the xbox version has some audio problem.

Infernal Mass
Dec 29th, 2004, 08:44 PM
i heard the xbox version has some audio problem.

yea i read that as well from gamespot and gamespy,

here's what gamespy mentioned, they gave the game a 3/5

The Xbox game is the best of the console versions

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=452538

Infernal Mass
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:05 PM
The prince had style in the first game when it came to his acrobatics and climbing skills, now his fighting skills are just as impressive.There is alot of variety in the combat, something that was lacking in the sands of time. I like the story best of all, found out more about the sands of time. Like how exactly the Maharaja was able to steal the sands of time from the island of time. Also in case you were wondering the prince uses farrah's amulet from the first game for his time powers, it only has 6 tanks instead of the ten you could get in SoT. There's new powers and touch up onthe slow motion, now everything else moves slow instead of everything plus the prince moving slow. Comes in handy for timed switches.

i'm gonna run thru it again becuse i missed about 3 life upgrades and didn't get the secret ending. UBIsoft montreal did a fine job here, this game reminds me of Zelda link to the past. With shades of the "back to the future" films in it. Then you have that Dahaka chasing you like Nemesis in RE3. Whenever it seemed like i had forgotten about the Dahaka he'd show up.

very happy with the outcome,

also noticed in he credits that monica bellucci does voicework for the empress of time, she did a great job too. very proffessional.

goodman
Jan 30th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Cool, IM, the game has already dropped very low in price so may check it out like i did the first, cant really lose either way, glad you liked it! Ive beaten Star Ocean and should be starting ShadowHearts Covenant soon, and am playing World of Warcraft online.........

Infernal Mass
Jan 30th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Cool, IM, the game has already dropped very low in price so may check it out like i did the first,.

it has?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243654.asp
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210581

or are you referring to used/preplayed games?

Infernal Mass
Jan 30th, 2005, 08:02 PM
i found this game to be longer and a bit more difficult than SoT was. It helps to run thru SoT before heading into WW. Sometimes the path can become obcsured along the way. A refresher course is helpful. Also the backtracking wasn't a problem, it gave the island a deeper sense of immersion.

There's a video gallery that stores all the CG cinematics that you encounter along the way, some extras too like traiers for WW, and that well done SoT trailer. There's a artwork gallery, and a weapons gallery kinda like soul calibur.

goodman
Jan 30th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah ive seen the game for $24 over at Half.com, and not hardly played, either. I expect within another few months it will drop even more. The new Tenchu is getting ready to come out for ps2 in a few weeks, btw, in case your considering trying that game out, i still havent finished the one that came out two years ago!