PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2

Faile
Nov 17th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Wow.

kupoartist
Nov 18th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Indeed.

There's a bit more discusion on this topic at: http://forums.ps2fantasy.com/showthread.php?t=8095 , however, If you're short for time the above post pretty much sums it up. ^^

dan da man
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Is it better than Halo 2 then?

Faile
Nov 18th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Apologies Kupo! I wasn't sure where to post it, and I just wanted to go back to playing again.

Better than Halo 2? I only played Halo 2 in co-op the other day and really really enjoyed it, but H-L 2 is the only game in forever to get me really really excited whilst playing.

BradyC
Nov 23rd, 2004, 02:31 PM
It is an awesome game. It's too bad they only release PC games like this once every 6 years though.

kupoartist
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:39 PM
I personally think that now they have the Source Engine, a Half-Life 3 won't be the full 6 years away... 3 to 4 sounds about right to me. Yes, that's one hell of a long time to work out just what the ending of HL2 was about (interesting, if as enigmatic as the first), but we've still got 3-4 years of mods and probably one or two expansions along the way (An Opposing Force 2 would be interesting. So long as they don't call it that "Half-Life 2: Opposing Force 2" sounds too much like a football score).

Was interesting to note how much of the stuff in the insanely popular E32003 videos was no longer there... I've got the "Raising the Bar" art / development history book, and it points out things that were lost along the way... Shame about the hydra :( Strangely enough though, the game was still amazing. Just goes to show that though certain concepts look good on paper, they may not necessarily fit into a "perfect" product.