PDA

View Full Version : mgs 3 review scores

Vic Viper
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:26 PM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/566/566279p1.html

i didnt read the review, cause i might contain any spoilers..:disgust:

10 Presentation

There are several new things to do in the game, but all are easy to navigate. Customizing the backpacks also helps out the in-game action by speeding up the changes.
10 Graphics

As good as it gets on the PS2 with individual blades of grass, ropes on a bridge that can be shot out and tons of other details scattered all over the place. Characters fare just as well with some det
10 Sound

Quality voice acting as always in all aspects and a full range of sound effects that populate the world with noises in the Dolby Pro Logic II setup.
9.6 Gameplay

It's the best iteration of the stealth espionage action seen to date with a world of options available to players. The lack of camera views is understandable, but still a bit disappointing.
9.0 Lasting Appeal

It's easy to see people playing through at least twice if not many more times than that. Different strategies and the frog hunt are the carrots on the stick for replayability here.

MADRUCKIS
Nov 16th, 2004, 11:51 PM
it didnt have spoilers, just a list of what we laready know concerning the new gameplay

but ign considers the camera the only fault...story, action and boss battles are to die for they say

30-50 hours of gameplay (the first time through) is awesome

merylsilverburg
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:32 AM
I'm surprised how critics are giving "MGS3" 9.0's/9.5's and gave "GTA: SA" perfect 10's. I'm not dissing of "GTA: SA" (since I love the game too) but I mean...this is "MGS3"!

It's like 7 AM here and I'm waiting until 8 AM to get to Target and pick it up! Argh! :arrr:

dan da man
Nov 17th, 2004, 11:47 AM
9.6 is an amazing score, all though IGN gave GTA san andreas a 10 which it did not deserve, I really hope this one lives up to MGS1 and MGS2 sons of liberty.

merylsilverburg
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:25 PM
I'd probably would have to agree with IGN's score; 9.6...omg, I would love to give it a perfect 10, but there are some weird dialogue problems and camera issues...but otherwise, this game is much better than MGS2 (no offense peoples). I'm so addicted to it and wanna play more but I've got papers to write. :cry:

dan da man
Nov 19th, 2004, 08:22 PM
this game is much better than MGS2 (no offense peoples).

I’m offended :D j/k damn I want this game so bad, just the thought of the disc spinning in someone’s ps2 across the other side of the Atlantic gives me a chill down the spine. :boom:

Vic Viper
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:48 PM
I'd probably would have to agree with IGN's score; 9.6...omg, I would love to give it a perfect 10, but there are some weird dialogue problems and camera issues...but otherwise, this game is much better than MGS2 (no offense peoples). I'm so addicted to it and wanna play more but I've got papers to write. :cry:

screw school works, your first priority should be MGS3 j/k :P

merylsilverburg
Nov 19th, 2004, 11:13 PM
screw school works, your first priority should be MGS3 j/k :P
:laugh: I wish! What sucks even more is, I can't even play during Thanksgiving break 'cause I got another paper to write then too! WHY GOD WHY?! j/k :lmao: