PDA

View Full Version : Do you recommend it?

Elmyra
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Would you recommend getting Vagrant Story for 15$? I've heard FFXII is from the same creator of this game, and that Vagrant Story is a pretty cool RPG. But it is old. I have no probs with old games, in fact I love many games that aren't new, but I have other games newer than Vagrant Story that I could get for the same price. I'm curious to play it, so I'd like to know if it's a good choice or not.

merylsilverburg
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:49 PM
I heard "Vagrant Story" was a real gem, but very underrated. Not many people played it, which is why it wasn't as popular as it should be. I haven't played it myself, but for $15, I think it's a fair price.

Rei
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:57 PM
As meryl said, 15$ is a fair price for a game like Vagrant Story. More than fair, I'd say. VS is a "minor" RPG from Square, but here minor means it's not very popular, because it's much darker than FF games and more complex speaking of gameplay. It's a shame it's so underrated, because people keep on comparing it to FF, as if Square only produced FF games. Yeah, they're the most popular products they have, but Vagrant Story is as good as many FF games, if not better in some cases.

Go for it!

LrdAlucard
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Now i got curious :) ill look for the game in eMule or smthing ^^ thnx for posting it even if the point was completely different elmyra lol ;)

IcyMourdor
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:48 PM
For $15?! This was one of my favorite RPGs for the PSX. I know a lot of people didn't like the game, but it is a lot of fun. Definitly get it, since its rare to find nowadays.

Pu the Owl
Nov 10th, 2004, 12:32 AM
For 15$... get it, please? I doubt you'll regret it!

happy_doughnut
Nov 10th, 2004, 06:21 AM
I agree. I'm sure you won't regret it, Elmyra. VS is a gem of a game. It sad to see that wonderful games like these are shadowed by their bigger counterparts, in this case, FF.

I think that the story is really amazing. Personally, I liked VS more that many of the FF's, and I like FF plentifully. I think VS was one of the better installmenst for the PSO, and one of the best RPGs to date.

It's only 15$. I think that at that price, it's a bargain. :)

kupoartist
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Square are a remarkable company for RPGs in that, at least in their Ps1 days, they habitually released games that failed to suck, even if they weren't all big hitters. To group Vagrant Story with the rest of Square's "Good But Forgotten" RPGs (A list which I would probably say includes the lovely and cute Threads of Fate and the Intriguing and Beautiful SaGa Frontier 2) is however, unfair. It may lack the Multiple CD neccessitating FMV sequences, but the design work in VS is pretty much amazing, if you can look past the obvious incapabilities of the Ps1. The dialogue represents a high point for Square, and the characterisation is great. Don't expect it to be an instant hit with you though... I personally got stuck early on and didn't play for a while, but you'll find that you can pick it up again and it'll leave a lasting impression.

So yes. Especially at that price. (What's to lose? ^^)

Frozen
Dec 25th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Even if it was priced $30 it would be worth the price.

I regret having to get rid of my PSX and not finishing it.

GET IT NOW.

Keyblade Master
Dec 26th, 2004, 12:50 AM
Well that game certainly was over looked by the audiantes,
I say go for it!!

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 31st, 2005, 07:05 PM
Heh, I paid $30 for it when I got it a long time ago. $15 is an awesome price.

Infernal Mass
Feb 1st, 2005, 06:18 AM
bought this when it was first released, i think it came with the trailer for chrono cross. Vagrant Story is a masterpeice, one of the few titles to recieve a perfect 40/40 from famitsu magazine. highly recommended.