PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Net Reviews appear

kupoartist
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Gamespy have given Halo 2 the full 5 out of 5. Frankly that's unsurprising (Halo 2 was pretty much guaranteed to impress, and a 5 star rating system is pretty limited IMO). Actually, I felt the review sucked. Why? Because there is NO mention of the Single Player experience. Ok, so I don't think anyone wanted them to spoil the single player story (and from what Gamespy do say, it's amazing) but considering they're responsible for this review (http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/halo-combat-evolved/558851p1.html) (And I've never seen a Halo review I agreed with more) you would have thought that they'd say something about the quality of the level design or the enemies!

Anyways, the rest of the net will be throwing these out soon...

Nelo Angelo
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:19 PM
IGN gave Halo 2 a 9.8.

Gamespot gave it a 9.4.
Oh, I heard the Gamespot one has some spoilers.

>_>

kupoartist
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:40 PM
"It's not a huge issue, but after beating Halo 2 and going back to play Halo, Bungie's ship and interior designs are almost as repetitive in both architecture and texturing as before"

Ick. At this point I looked at IGN's rating and totally discounted the review. TBH, it sounds like their 9.8 rating is a justification of Insanely high 9.7 rating for Halo 1. Those corridor problems made me detest Halo 1 Single Player with a passion... how they were ever overlooked in a balanced review was beyond me... And now they're doing it again. Oh well. Then again, I suppose the Multiplayer balances it all out somehow. It's not really a matter of interest for me though... I'd rather have perfect single-player than multi-player :/

Interesting that Gamespot found the story uninteresting and didn't like the ending. My guess is that's a matter of opinion (I know for a fact that every one of you guys on this forum will love it! I can't wait for this game either... Coming to PC and Mac in the year 2072!). As for the length... I find that disappointing. You know, you wait for a sequel and then it ends up pretty damned short. Wait a minute... I'm complaining about a game that sounds pretty amazing, that I really want to play but won't before I know that I can never play it on a PC? Crazy ^^

Edit: More scores in:
XBN: 10/10
1Up.com: 10/10
Eurogamer: 9/10 (Single Player Only Review)

I'm still trying to think of other review sources ^^

dan da man
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:01 PM
I like it when a game scores hot, that’s not surprising though as everyone knows halo 2 was going to be good, but the multiplayer on halo online I didn’t find fun at all it was spawn killing madness, hope halo 2 multiplayer online is alot better.