PDA

View Full Version : MGS3 countdown thread !!

Vic Viper
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:14 PM
12 more days till the game is release. man i cant f***ing wait anymore !!XD :arrr:

btw, EGM scored the game, (PS2) - 9, 9.5, 10

halo2 and gta:sa got all 10's, both got GOTM. :roll:

dan da man
Nov 5th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Damn you!, Europe dont get it until march! :weep: :(

I think I will buy a USA Ps2, and MGS3 copy and play it, I can't wait 5 months!!!

merylsilverburg
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Tell me about it! *froths at the mouth* The 17th is the day that I have to turn in a friggin' paper, but all I can think is, "Screw class, I'm gonna skip and buy the game and play all day!" :laugh: *sigh* Of course, I can't do that. *grumbles* :disturb:

Vic Viper
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:39 PM
10 more days !! :arrr:

btw, Gamestop (http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=B280813A) is giving out woodland camo bandanas with a pre-order.

and ebgames (http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=C9BAtJhE0Uo&offerid=13850.10000079&type=4&subid=0) will give out a konami demo disc when you pre-order the game from them.

merylsilverburg
Nov 7th, 2004, 08:38 PM
I was reading the recent issue of OPM and they said the actual game is much, much harder than the demo. They said the demo was just a super easy version of the real thing. :shock:

Reid
Nov 8th, 2004, 05:55 PM
I can't wait.

Apparently this game is going to wrap up the storyline from the Metal Gear Solid games. Probably doesn't mean for the Metal Gear games alltogether but just the same . . . it should be neat.

I got a cheque for opting out of the university dental plan that is being invested right back into this.

Poverty is go!

10!

merylsilverburg
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Poverty is go!

:lmao:

I think what I'm looking forward to trying is the CURE mode thing...wait...I don't know what I'm saying since I'll probably be spending a majority of my time doing this. :laugh:

Argh, knowing my town...I might not get it till the 18th or something. :weep:

kupoartist
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Thank God for other big name games this month... I'll probably be able to distract myself from the rather stone-age treatment that Europe is getting over this one.

Harry
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Let me say that my experience with Konami's European PR offices has been the worst in these four years of work on Ps2Fantasy.com. Their organization is really stone-age, but I'm still kinda surprised they didn't do everything to release the game before Christmas.

Reid
Nov 10th, 2004, 10:48 AM
One Week!

That's seven days.

Gamespot put up a preview for Snake Eater but it apparently contains minor spoilers which I want none of.

merylsilverburg
Nov 10th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Ha! I was right! :D I was reading the Holiday issue of EGM where "Snake Eater" was reviewed and they said that the old guy, The End, is one of the toughest bosses in the game. :D I knew it! Never underestimate the old ones. :laugh:

goodman
Nov 11th, 2004, 08:25 AM
I still havent finished MGS2, so i can wait! :snooty:

Vic Viper
Nov 11th, 2004, 01:58 PM
I still havent finished MGS2, :snooty:

wow. :shock: what are you waiting for finish it, its an awesome game.

merylsilverburg
Nov 12th, 2004, 02:31 AM
This is totally off-topic, but I just had to mention it...

In "Karaoke Revolution 3", the "Snake Eater" theme can be unlocked for singing! I was so stunned by this! Oh Konami, you jokers...:laugh:

Reid
Nov 13th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Four more days . . .

I just hope it gets released on the first day like it's supposed to here. Canadian shipping can be a bit sketchy.

Chara
Nov 13th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Man, oh man... I wish I actually had some money so I could play this game as soon as it is released. >_>

Well, I guess I have Half Life 2 to occupy me until I muster up enough cash. ^_^

Vic Viper
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:26 PM
OMG, its finally coming !!! game comes out tomorrow, OMG i think im going to have a heart attack !! :boom: :drool:

heres the back of the cover,

http://img55.exs.cx/img55/1033/MGS3backcover.jpg

:ghost:

merylsilverburg
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Is it today really?! When I went to Best Buy on Monday (11/15), they said it's gonna be released on Tuesday the 16th!!! I would've gotten it but I was out of town so I didn't pick it up! But if it's today, then THANK GOD! I'm not late!!!! :phew:

Vic Viper
Nov 17th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Is it today really?! When I went to Best Buy on Monday (11/15), they said it's gonna be released on Tuesday the 16th!!! I would've gotten it but I was out of town so I didn't pick it up! But if it's today, then THANK GOD! I'm not late!!!! :phew:

im waiting for gamestop to give me a call, i hope it comes in today. :)

Reid
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I have to wait until Friday now until it ships to Canada. I'm just hoping it actually comes out on the date they projected and not a few after that.

After reading a few reviews and looking at more screenshots I can't stand waiting for this anymore.

Also, it seems that every day I'm getting closer and closer to stumbling onto some sort of spoiler which I really don't want to do. I know absolutely nothing about this game aside from some gameplay mechanics and whatever hints are revealed in the trailers that have come out.

Two more days here!

merylsilverburg
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Ugh...nevermind...I actually got the game yesterday (11/18). It ends up that my stupid-ass town didn't get it in until yesterday (I knew it...I should've just waited or pre-ordered it from Amazon...I would've gotten it faster!). I went to my local Best Buy everyday this week and the stupid employees keep telling me, "Are you sure you got the right date?" OMG!!! :censored: Stupid *******s, of course I got the date right!! I just want to kill them...

Well, because of this incident, I didn't have a chance to check out the game very much.