PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur II Discussion

baumer
Oct 17th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Holy Crap... an addictive game! I just got it for my birthday about a week ago, and I haven't done anything else since then. I have unlocked a lot of the stages and characters but I still have a lot to go. It's tough unlocking everything. But what's really awesome about Soul Calibur II is that there are so many characters with so many moves that it's insane. You can just scroll through the moves list for about 5 minutes.

So who's your favorite character?

I like Raphael a lot because he is so insanely good. You can hit the enemy with a quick horizontal strike [ ] and then nail em' with a quick jabbing vertical attack /_\, and then grab the enemy with your vertical grab /_\+X and what will happen is, by the time you hit the enemy with the horizontal swipe with the vertical jab combo he should be near the end of the level. If not just repeat the vertical combo of multiple /_\ taps, and then finally once he is on the edge of the level use the vertical grab /_\ + X and throw them off the edge for a ring out. I can beat levels in 3-5 seconds some times using this method. It's insane.

But the character I like for style is a battle between Taki and Yansun(i think that's right... it's the fast guy with the short blade that looks kinda like a sabre).

Nelo Angelo
Oct 17th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Nightmare is my favorite character.

He just has the best story in my opinion.

Plus his third custome is great. :D

Berserker
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Taki and Mitsurigui(???) cause I like their style of fighting. It's one addictive game you're right about that. It runs so smooth, never any noticable slowdowns whatsoever etc. I recently got back into it and are well on my way of unlocking all the extra weapons, costumes etc. IMO it's the best fighting title right up there with VF4(normal AND EVO).

pjb2006
Oct 21st, 2004, 05:57 PM
SC2 is the best fighting game ive ever played. My favorite characters that I've played as so far (I bought it a week ago) are Kilik and Nightmare. Kilik has good range, fast moves, great combos, and lots of style (bowstaffs rule!). Nightmare is a great character all around. His moves deal high damage, the range of his sword is outstanding, and the intimidation factor also adds to his value.

merylsilverburg
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:55 PM
Talim is my favorite character. Though she's not powerful, she's incredibly quick, so that makes up for it.
My second favorite is Taki, then Sophitia, though in this game, she's terrible. :disturb:

Infernal Mass
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:54 PM
I play as Talim alot too. She's alot of fun to use, my favorite weapons for her are the double crescent blades. I also use Mitsuguri, and Maxi.

Urahara Kisuke
Dec 2nd, 2004, 09:45 PM
I enjoy playing with Mitsuguri the most. Then I would have to choose Sophitia/Talim/Taki. Just a wonderful game.

Frozen
Jan 1st, 2005, 10:17 PM
Taki and Mitsurigui(???) cause I like their style of fighting. It's one addictive game you're right about that. It runs so smooth, never any noticable slowdowns whatsoever etc. I recently got back into it and are well on my way of unlocking all the extra weapons, costumes etc. IMO it's the best fighting title right up there with VF4(normal AND EVO).

Funny, you and I seem to have very similar tastes in fighting games.

I'd say that my favorites are Mitsurugi and Taki.

With Taki I am very good and I can hardly ever be beaten with her.

With Mitsurugi, though, I´m unstoppable.

And I do like pretty much every otehr fighter except for Voldo and Astaroth. (Astaroth´s new look is badass, though)

And VF4 EVO is one of my favorite games too.

Now, there is nothing like 2D fighters.

Diablometroid
Jan 2nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Cassandra=best character
Cervantes=awesome
Nightmare=great
Necrid=good
Kilik=Ok

On the other end of the scale...
hate sophitia, talim, lizardman, assassin, mitsurugi

all the rest are eh

Berserker
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:15 AM
Funny, you and I seem to have very similar tastes in fighting games.

I'd say that my favorites are Mitsurugi and Taki.

With Taki I am very good and I can hardly ever be beaten with her.

With Mitsurugi, though, I´m unstoppable.

And I do like pretty much every otehr fighter except for Voldo and Astaroth. (Astaroth´s new look is badass, though)

And VF4 EVO is one of my favorite games too.

Now, there is nothing like 2D fighters.

Yeah, I just bought GG X and KOF 00/01 , I'm sorta getting back into this whole 2d fighting gameworld. Haven't played them much since hyper street fighter on the snes so I got a lot of catching up to do!

absinthe_fairy
Feb 5th, 2005, 11:18 PM
I love Talim. Insanely fast and not a complicated character to use with effective moves. I kicked my ex-boyfriend's ass several times with her. :D

Kaolla Su
Feb 6th, 2005, 12:51 PM
1. Talim. Her attacks are very fast. And she thinks her SC is wind. LOL :laugh: how cute
2. Taki. Her attacks are also fast. But i always use this attack that makes her fly into the air and then zoom tword the enemy. but she flies off the stage and i lose the battle :laugh: .
3. Necrid. Uuuuum, cause he looks cool.

duovash55
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:14 AM
I like maxi he has the most hits in one combo then any other im unstopable with him just ask kaolla su he rarly beats me in that game my second fav is taki then talim :pimp: