PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else dissapointed with the first Ratchet & Clank?

baumer
Oct 6th, 2004, 08:17 AM
I just bought a PS2, and I figured I wanted to start with some of the older PS2 games and work my way up to the new ones just to see how the PS2 gaming world had evolved. So I bought the first Ratchet & Clank. I loved the story line. I loved the game play. I loved the action. I hated how short it was. Okay... for no lie, I beat the entire game in 4 days. That's not 3 days of strict playing, but 4 days of about 4-5 hours of gameplay. That's 20 hours max. That's just rediculous. What is funny to me is that I hear that the second one is even shorter. I sure hope the new one comming out is long enough. Anyone else think so too?

Lux
Oct 6th, 2004, 10:36 AM
20 hours isn't that little. Many action or adventure games are shorter than that. I don't think you should judge a game by its lenght. If you liked all the other aspects, it means it was a good game. If you only like long games, next time to be sure you won't be disappointed, just rent one instead of buying it.

baumer
Oct 6th, 2004, 03:41 PM
better yet, i'll just start buying RPG games :P

pjb2006
Oct 7th, 2004, 06:37 PM
i thought the story line was weak and the play itself was boring. Im not much of a platform player myself.

Bogart
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:20 AM
In my opinion, it's one of the most fun games ever. I played it for 30 hours or more - even f you finished it in 20 hours (which is a very good length) you will soon discover that not that many games can give you 20 hours of always changing gameplay... you always get new weapons, new gadgets (god, the magnetic boots were crazy!!!!), new places to explore. Trust me... you will think about it as a better game once you have played more Ps2 titles.

Aubrey McFatum
Oct 9th, 2004, 10:32 PM
I don't like platform much myself, but this was an ok game. Better than most platforms. Fun to play, nothing extraordinary though.

baumer
Oct 10th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Okay, I've worked my collection up... GTA: Vice City, Gran Turismo 3, MK: Deadly Alliance, and Dance Dance Revolution. All of these have unlimited replay value, and are awesome games. I have realized never to buy a platformer again.

happygolucky1479
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:14 PM
I know you said that you will never get a platform again but before you write Ratchet and Clank off you should try out Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal when it comes out next month. It will have multiplayer online which will have like 10 levels of play and different game modes. They also added 150% more enemies so maybe it will take you longer to complete.