PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 4: shorter than the others?

Aubrey McFatum
Sep 24th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Hi guys!

I'm new here and I'm a big Silent Hill series fan. Still have to play the fourth chapter of the series though. I've heard this game is the shortest among all Silent Hill games and I've also heard it's the one with more action and less puzzles. Is it true? Anybody played it and completed it yet? How many endings will you be able to get in this new game?

Thanks for your replies!

Infernal Mass
Sep 24th, 2004, 11:11 PM
i haven't played it yet, but i will buy it eventually. you came to the right place though, the Silent hill reviews here are amongst the best on the internet..the new review should be posted soon, i think.

Aubrey McFatum
Sep 25th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Thanks, I will definitely keep an eye on that.

Meiko
Sep 29th, 2004, 09:18 AM
I still have to complete the game, it's what I'm playing now (and regarding this I will open a new thread because I need to know something!). But yep, I've heard it's shorter too. And it looks shorter to me, it gave me this impression. I am towards the end of the game, I think.

Hylas
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:06 AM
I didn't find it shorter than the others. I played it for the same amount of time than SH3. Maybe it's because I'm too slow, don't know, but it didn't look shorter to me.

Rei
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:56 PM
i haven't played it yet, but i will buy it eventually. you came to the right place though, the Silent hill reviews here are amongst the best on the internet..the new review should be posted soon, i think.

Harry is working on the review just now. It'll be posted very soon on the main site :)

Aubrey McFatum
Oct 2nd, 2004, 10:07 PM
So the fact it's shorter isn't true... that's good, because I didn't like the idea of playing for only 5 or 6 hours...

GIR ^^
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Kinda half-n-half. I love this game, get it!

Bogart
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:08 AM
I'm sorry to have bought this game - now I will be unable to buy games this month, which means I'll miss Grand Theft Auto. I'm not a big fan of GTA games, but hell, they are a lot of fun, at least! SH4 has idiotic gameplay; no jokes, it's a stupid, stupid, stupid game, especially in the second half where there is a "twist" in the gameplay... guess developers never played ICO. No puzzles... and it's stupidly repetitive. It's true it' s longer than SH3... but there are just 4-5 places you visit for two times, and you must just kill or escape ridiculous monsters all the time. Just to make a comparison, Fatal Frame 2 is on an entirely higher level... and also Siren was more fun. It's sad because I loved past SH games... I have wallpapers in my room of the first three games, and I've all the soundtracks... I played the second game five times. It's probably the only game that makes me cry!

I had to choose between SH4 and GTA. One can't compare those two games, but when you have just a few bucks in your pockets, you must. I didn't care about GTA's dozens of hours of gameplay because I thought this was Silent Hill, you know. I was wrong, unless GTA is a ****. Oh well... gotta wait a couple of months.