PDA

View Full Version : Honda, Tohru from Fruits Basket!

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:55 PM
Again, another drawing...:right: except it's Honda, Tohru from the anime that I'm crazy about, Fruits Basket! I drew her using my own style, so it's not the same as the manga or anime. I pressed down harder on the pencil this time, so I hope you guys can see it more clearly than Faye. :p Again, feedbacks or complaints are welcomed! Thanks! :)

Honda, Tohru:
http://communities.msn.com/Ps2Fantasy/artwork.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=37

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Ah, I remember I saw this character when looking for some info about the series and I thought she was cute. As I said for the Faye pic, I must repeat I especially like the way you draw the lower part of the body. I really suck at drawing shoes, legs and so on :p

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Wow! really well done just like your other one.But something disturbs me about,maybe its the resemblance it has to sailor moon *shudders*

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:13 PM
The only resemblance I can find with Sailor Moon is the school uniform, but that's in common with tons of other characters :p

Soul Angel
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Wow another great pic by you Meryl :D
Its really nicely done, I like it
Keep it up! ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Fortune
The only resemblance I can find with Sailor Moon is the school uniform, but that's in common with tons of other characters :p

Now maybe thats why i dont watch much anime im scared of the damn school uniform.

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:07 PM
Man, why do so many people relate my drawings to Sailormoon?:( I hate that, really. Most Japanese uniforms are somewhat alike, and since I didn't use color, you can't see what color the actual uniform is. Here is a picture of Tohru in the anime form:

http://www.moonberry.net/daiquiri/gallery/fb/chara05.jpg

I know she looks a bit like it because of the ribbons in her hair, but omigod, if she was like Sailormoon, I wouldn't be into this series so much. Thank you for your comments anyway. :) I draw mainly girls, my guys are really horrible looking. I also draw more manga-like and since I read a lot of shoujo....*sniff* this could explain why my drawings look like Sailormoon...

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Ok i sorry i said anything.I take back my previous statement

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Heh, that's okay, SSSnake. I'm glad you were being honest, so I don't mind. Thanks! :)

Mana
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:24 AM
She's so cute XD
I like your pic even if I don't know who is she :confused:
I haven't seen Fruit Basket before, and I probably won't be able to see it in the future, so I must look for some website where I can look at the characters.
I think japanese girls in school uniforms are cute ^__^

merylsilverburg
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Thanks again, Mana. :happy: She is a cute character in the anime! You don't have to worry about not seeing it in the future, because it's licensed! It's being released in the US by the company that produces DragonBallZ (I forgot the company name). So for those of you curious about this, you can either see the DVD or VHS when it comes out. :)

Cannibal Clown
Mar 16th, 2002, 04:19 PM
For one the companies called Funimation, from toei animation.

I've wanted to see this anime for quite some time after hearing all your comments about it and also the stuff on the internet sdaid it was really good. It got like a thousand awards in Japan, it was surpassed only by some anime that I've never heard of before, but none the less, it still looks awesome.

I love your drawing, and I know how you feel about the whole sailor moon thing. I hate that too. And I'm also a fan of drawing females, not saying I'm a pervert or anything, I just like anime chicks a lot, especially my own.

Keep the drawing comming and I can't wait for your next creation.

merylsilverburg
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:39 AM
I'm so glad you understand about the Sailormoon thing. :happy: Also, I don't think it's bad for guys to like drawing girls, so you don't have to worry about me thinking you're a perv or anything. :) Thanks for telling me, that's right, it's Funanimation. Fruits Basket really is a good anime and as long as you don't mind that it's a slight shoujo, then this is the one. Whenever you see it, I hope to hear your comments about it! :)

Dark Wolf
Mar 19th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Great pic merylsilverburg
Its really good, I like it

merylsilverburg
Mar 19th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Thank you, Dark Wolf. I'm happy you like it. :happy:

Indrid Cold
Jun 15th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Your Pic is unavailable... :shock: