PDA

View Full Version : Faye Valentine

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Hey everyone! I have another drawing up! This time, it's Faye Valentine from Cowboy Bebop. This drawing is my own rendition of her, not exactly like the anime drawings. I'm sorry you can't see the face that well....I really need to get a scanner...anyway, any feedbacks or complaints on it is appreciated. Thanks! :)

Faye Valentine:
http://communities.msn.com/Ps2Fantasy/artwork.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=36

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:59 PM
I especially like a particular of this pic: the way you drew Faye's legs. They're very well drawn indeed. :) and the pose is sooo Faye :D

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:08 PM
I've only seen the show about 2 times and from what i remeber of faye you did a great job.Now draw some more sexier poses of her lol

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:57 PM
Thanks Fortune and SSSnake! :) Yeah, I like the legs a little too, but I always thought they were a bit too thin. Hmm...ah, oh well. Yes, I'll try to draw more Faye, but for some reason, I really suck at drawing other poses besides standing...:p

Soul Angel
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:10 PM
That's a really good pic Meryl
Its nicely drawn
Keep it up! ;)

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Thanks, Soul! I want to see more of your drawings, as well as Fortune's and Cannibal Clown's. You guys are really good too. :happy:

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
for some reason, I really suck at drawing other poses besides standing...:p

It's a matter of practice: the more you draw different poses, the more you'll be able to improve. For example, copying poses from existing images is a good way to learn how to draw them later.

merylsilverburg
Mar 14th, 2002, 09:09 PM
That's very true, but my brain can't seem to comprehend that for some strange reason...:p :D

Spirit
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:09 AM
add more curves :) make her sexy, you know we like things like that, but it looks great nevertheless =P

Cannibal Clown
Mar 15th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SSSnake
I've only seen the show about 2 times and from what i remeber of faye you did a great job.Now draw some more sexier poses of her lol

hey SSSnake, I'm offended, if you ever want some sexy drawings of Faye, just ask me. I'll be more than happy to draw up something for you.

Especially faye.

Right now i have to work on a pic for a guy in my 3rd hour class. He's gonna pay me 10 bucks to draw him a real hot pic of a naked anime chick. I'm trying to redeem myself from last year for being a pervert, but it's hard to turn down someone who's willing to pay.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Hey CC so your gonna do that for my neighbor then eh cool draw me some of my character doin different stuff.

Cannibal Clown
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Sure. I've been drawing all sorts of different pics of our characters. I'm trying to perfect them by making myself fluent with all of the characters and designs. As if it were an actual anime of mine.

I'll get working on a sweet one for you and SSSnake later today.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 15th, 2002, 12:45 PM
cool thanks

merylsilverburg
Mar 15th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
Right now i have to work on a pic for a guy in my 3rd hour class. He's gonna pay me 10 bucks to draw him a real hot pic of a naked anime chick. I'm trying to redeem myself from last year for being a pervert, but it's hard to turn down someone who's willing to pay.

Heh, yeah, don't you hate that? I remember when I was in elementary school and this really perverted guy asked me if I could draw him a picture of a naked anime chick. I was the only one in my class that can draw, so I said yes. I drew it for him and he showed it off to his friends but then, he tore it up and only kept the chest area, because he was afraid of getting caught with the entire picture. What an dumba$$. :disturb:

Mana
Mar 16th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Even if you say her legs are too thin, I still like them. they are proportioned to the rest of the figure, I think :confused:

merylsilverburg
Mar 16th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Thanks, Mana. :) I tend to draw the legs very thin, I dunno why...but I'm glad this pic looked okay...: phew:

Cannibal Clown
Mar 16th, 2002, 06:40 PM
The first anime style i ever drew was sailor moon, simply because it was the only anime I knew and all i watched it for in the first place was to learn how to draw females. And anime style chicks seemed a lot more feminine than American style. So all of my drawings had real loong and thin legs as well, and they still do, all anime does when you think about it. with the occasional exception of coarse.

merylsilverburg
Mar 17th, 2002, 12:43 AM
Hey, cool, Cannibal! I started drawing from Sailormoon too! I think I still have a couple of mine but I'm not sure if I should post them because, well.....they're Sailormoon. :sarcasm: But, yeah, I'm just afraid that I draw the legs tooo thin that it doesn't look proportional with the rest of the body. I also have trouble with hands and positions. :P But I guess it takes practice!

Cannibal Clown
Mar 17th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Don't worry, legs have to be thin. But one thing i do want to comment on is her hips. They have to be wider. That to me is one of the most difficult parts of the anime female body, the thin legs, and yet, the wide feminine hips.

You have to some how find a way of getting the hips at the top wider, but still gradi=ually get the legs nice and thin.

I hope you don't find my comment critisising, I'm just pointing out an area you could improve on.

merylsilverburg
Mar 18th, 2002, 09:53 PM
Oh no, no, Cannibal! I'm happy for any suggestions. I know I'm still not good yet, so I try to improve as much as I can, so any suggestions would be very helpful. I usually draw my hips feminely wide, but for Faye....when I saw other pictures of her, her hips didn't seem that wide, which is why I drew them slightly smaller than I usually would. Hmm....maybe the pics that I looked off on were not so clear. Or maybe I just suck, who knows? But, thank you anyway, Cannibal. :happy: