PDA

View Full Version : Another silly poll by me: Mio or Mayu?

Hylas
Jul 13th, 2004, 07:03 AM
So, what's your fave Fatal Frame/Project Zero 2 character? The one you prefer for the background story, for fashion sense, for abilities or personality?

I like Mayu more than Mio, even if Mio is the palyable character. Mayu's character is much more complex IMO, and her story is more interesting to follow as it unveils little by little.

Rei
Jul 13th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I have to agree that Mayu's character is much more interesting and complex from many points of view. And I like her dress more XD

Meiko
Jul 13th, 2004, 11:03 AM
I haven't played the whole game, because I only rented it and couldn't beat it before returning it. From what I could see, Mio was a better character. Mayu is the weak one, always in need of someone's attention, always causing "troubles". She always must be saved by Mio, she's very dependant. Mio on the other hand is more responsible, more indipendent, she can manage to keep her and her sister away from troubles, or solve difficult situations when she has to face them.

Hylas
Jul 16th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Mayu is the weak one, always in need of someone's attention, always causing "troubles". She always must be saved by Mio, she's very dependant. Mio on the other hand is more responsible, more indipendent, she can manage to keep her and her sister away from troubles, or solve difficult situations when she has to face them.

This is mainly because Mio the playable character IMO... But if you could play using Mayu, that would change your opinion, I suppose. I mean, the playable character must be the one to solve problems, otherwise player would be bored or left with nothing to do, lol :laugh:

Meiko
Jul 17th, 2004, 04:54 AM
I mean, the playable character must be the one to solve problems, otherwise player would be bored or left with nothing to do, lol :laugh:

But she's like that from the plot's perspective, not only from the gameplay's perspective! Her personality is overprotective, while Mayu needs to feel safe and taken care of.

Rei
Jul 17th, 2004, 02:22 PM
But she's like that from the plot's perspective, not only from the gameplay's perspective! Her personality is overprotective, while Mayu needs to feel safe and taken care of.

I agree with her on this one... I mean, her personality is shaped as overprotective and responsible not because she's the playable character, but because it's necessary for the plot to have two opposing characters, to make the story develop and go on.

tekmad05
Oct 9th, 2004, 11:31 AM
mayu all the way!

baumer
Oct 11th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Mayu's got a prettier dress!!! :laugh: