PDA

View Full Version : Socom 3

MainEv3nt 69
Jul 8th, 2004, 10:38 PM
i was in some romm and someoe said u will have to pay to play socom 3 is this true or not ???

RobHardo
Jul 10th, 2004, 05:58 PM
People say dumb things on socom. Some guy was insisting that you can have 32vs32 with a HDD(the servers can barely support the 16 limit). I personally own an HDD and haven't seen anything about it.

As for Socom 3:
Since the Socom series obviously isn't an MMO I highly doubt you will have to pay to play. Of course I have heard a rumor Sony might start a system like Microsoft for HDD users to purchase or rent games and download them straight to the HDD.

As I see it, the HDD is rendering the need for a sequel obsolete, unless your a single player buff.

Billyum7
Jul 18th, 2004, 03:04 PM
If you do have to pay they better make way better like no glitching better graphics and crap cuz im not paying for a regular socom game..

Malek
Aug 29th, 2004, 02:50 AM
People say dumb things on socom. Some guy was insisting that you can have 32vs32 with a HDD(the servers can barely support the 16 limit). I personally own an HDD and haven't seen anything about it.

As for Socom 3:
Since the Socom series obviously isn't an MMO I highly doubt you will have to pay to play. Of course I have heard a rumor Sony might start a system like Microsoft for HDD users to purchase or rent games and download them straight to the HDD.

As I see it, the HDD is rendering the need for a sequel obsolete, unless your a single player buff.

Well, a HDD for the Ps2 is usefull for one thing.. not sure if anyone here has heard of it though. Its called the HDloader
HDloader (http://hdloader.net/) its a pretty cool little tool. It allows you to record ANY Ps2 game to the harddrive and then playing them. Only downside is with the new DNAS servers that sony is using for verification you will not be able to get online with any game that uses DNAS.

Veritas
Sep 6th, 2004, 11:53 AM
so whats it gonna be? pay to play or not? :irk:

Virtualeclipse
Oct 24th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Like in the other thread, Socom III might not come out. Zipper Int. Is bankrupt....

drexie303
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:35 PM
yo guys i wanted to kno where i can get the HDD....

my socom 2 name is drexie303... u can add me 2 your friends list if you want...

drexie303
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:36 PM
oh and sorry guys... i dont have a sig yet.. but i'll be sure to get one soon

Bryanfury
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:05 PM
i was in some romm and someoe said u will have to pay to play socom 3 is this true or not ???

within the last week they did confirm a Socom 3 sometime in 2005, but the console is unknow, developer unknown, EvERYTHING cept the fact that it's comign out in 2005 is UNKNOWN

Zipper wont be making it this time, they've been bankrupt for months

RobHardo
Dec 11th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Lets just pray that its not some second hand company makin it, maybe like EA games or the makers of Half Life will get involved :-)

Billyum7
Jan 4th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I hope EA doesnt make it...ill be pissed..

Virtualeclipse
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't like EA to. Seriously their shooters are really bad, instead maybe activison teamed up with some other companys can make a sick socom game, like the hit game Call of Duty.

RobHardo
Feb 4th, 2005, 05:53 PM
perhaps Sierra or Novalogic would be good.