PDA

View Full Version : X

Reid
Mar 13th, 2002, 12:29 PM
I've been reading X/1999 and watched the movie X, and recently most of the series X TV, so I'm wondering if anyone else has seen/read any of this?

If you haven't you should really check it out.

Yuna
Mar 13th, 2002, 01:01 PM
I guess I should really check it out then. ;)

Pu the Owl
Mar 13th, 2002, 03:40 PM
I've read half of X/1999 manga. I wouldn't say I liked it a lot: in general I don't like very much any of Clamp's works, apart form Card Captor Sakura, which is too cute :)

I've watched also part of the movie, but I think the manga is better.

Soul Angel
Mar 13th, 2002, 04:22 PM
I've never heard of it before (which isn't to surprising being its me :heh: )

But can anyone tell me what's it is all about? :confused: :)

Cannibal Clown
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:47 PM
i saw most of the movie.

Didn't like it too much. The fights got too repetitive and predictable. The story was kinda dull as well.

It wasn't too bad though. perhaps I should see it again and watch the whole thing.

merylsilverburg
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I've heard of X the TV Series, and I saw a few shots, but I never got to watch an episode. *MAYBE SPOILERS* I heard it's less depressing than the movie because no one dies in the TV, plus it follows the manga more. Am I right? Also, I heard it's licensed too. Damn....

Reid
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:33 PM
X/1999, X TV, and X all follow pretty much the same storyline.

Without spoiling anything, a teenager named Kamui finds out that he has to decide whether he wants the world to live or die and his best friends Fuma must fight for the opposite side. For both sides there are seven "Seals" that are people fighting for the decision of whichever side they are on.

It is pretty depressing at times, and (sorry) people do die in X TV.

The movie is harder to follow because it tries to wrap up an enormous story in 2 hours. I'd recommend trying to find the TV series or the manga if you want to get into it.

Unfortunately, it hasn't been released domestically (North America) so you're going to have to get fansubs if you want to see it, and the manga used to run in Animerica Extra.

BowevelJoe
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:44 PM
ah this was another anime i was wondering about, i guess ill dl the movie and check it out, too bad that it wasnt very good..

Pu the Owl
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
ah this was another anime i was wondering about, i guess ill dl the movie and check it out, too bad that it wasnt very good..

Maybe you can have a precise idea looking also at shrines dedicated to this series or to single characters from this series. I always check when I'm curious about some anime series, because I can't be sure if a series is good or not only reading opinions.

merylsilverburg
Mar 13th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Um....X TV Series is licensed. It's coming over to the US. So, don't worry people. :)

talon101
Mar 14th, 2002, 06:05 AM
ive never herd of "X"

BowevelJoe
Mar 14th, 2002, 07:20 AM
ive seen the dvd several times, always wanted to buy it, but i dunno it it was worth it or not.., but i think i will dl it now instead..

Cannibal Clown
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:39 AM
I think I've seen the DVD and the VHS in the store where I live. But I've got so much other things i want to get first. I've got to finnish EVA, Bebop, have to start 08th MS team Gundam, and Trigun. Then I have to get Escaflowne the movie, and Bebop the Movie. Along with some other titles I've had my eye on. I need Akira on DVD special addition, and the Tenchi Muyo set about $150.00 for that one.

BowevelJoe
Mar 15th, 2002, 11:15 PM
aye, same with me, i see something cool, but i already have way to much crap on the waiting list lol