PDA

View Full Version : Post Count?

Reid
Jan 24th, 2002, 07:24 PM
How many posts does it take to be able to make a custom member level on this forum?
Is it still at 200 posts?

Pu the Owl
Jan 24th, 2002, 10:20 PM
It's still 200 posts...
... or 15 days: it means that after the first 15 days, even if you have not posted 200 times, you can edit your profile :)

Reid
Jan 25th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Ok, thanks.

MakgSnake
Jan 25th, 2002, 03:16 PM
I Think Thats A Good Idea, But 2 Weeks....Is Too EARLY..!.. I Mean....I Dunno.....!..... (I Know I May Be Saying This Cause I Already Can Write Whatever I Want) But......If U Look At It........Members LOVE It When They Can Custom Member Level, They Just Love It.!. And To Do That.......They Had This "THING" To Post 200 Posts. So They Can Do It!.! By Giving Them Only 2 WEEKS.....!.....I Have A Wierd Feeling That They Wont Post Much Anymore, And Will Wait For 2 Weeks To Get Over... And Then Change It!.!.!

I Am Not Saying That 2 Weeks Thing Is A bad Idea. Just Saying Increase It A Little. 1 Month Looks Fine For Me!.! (But Thats My Opinion) :)

And A 1 Month Old Member Looks Or Atleast Sounds Pretty Good Then Only Two Weeks Old Member! :)

IcyMourdor
Jan 25th, 2002, 04:59 PM
It's not like we just got here. Most of us were here before the shut down. It doesn't matter to me.

Spirit
Jan 25th, 2002, 09:18 PM
well I sure had over 200 posts, but I don't really mind since I've had over 200 posts, even though I was lazy as a poster(took me three months to get that high) but now I will post daily

Rei
Jan 26th, 2002, 07:51 AM
If someon comes here and posts only to get the custom title, he's not very clever person.

I think the greatest part of members don't like to post only to get it. Anyway, I also think a month is fine.

Neo_Soldier28
Jan 28th, 2002, 10:01 AM
I think thats a good idea since most of us had well over 200 posts and going but like Rei said your not here to get a custom nickname your here to post and enjoy the forums

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 28th, 2002, 11:28 AM
The problem with having post counts to attain certain levels of status (and I'm sure the Admin/Mods would agrees) is that you end up with lots of spam and/or cheap posts.

Does anyone really want to read a thread composed mainly of answers such as, 'I agree' or 'That suxx0rs' and other responses of that ilk? There is nothing more frustrating than trawling through 20-30 redundant posts that add no value to the discussion, just to get to the few that do purely because people desire a certain status.

I defy you to find any forums that use a ranking system that don't suffer from cheap, meaningless posts that exist on to increase post count.

- S

Smokey Mcpot
Feb 18th, 2002, 06:38 PM
WEll post count doesnt matter, you can see that when you look at the forum leaders. One dude had like 7 posts! hehe
my guess is the administrator knows him somehow. Another dude has only 37. It all depends on your influence on the board.
So have a positive image i suppose.:D

Pu the Owl
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:01 PM
Smokey McPot, the dudes you're talking about are both admins of the Forum :rolleyes:

IcyMourdor
Feb 18th, 2002, 07:46 PM
The post counts are just there to let other people know how much you contributed to the forums. You aren't gaining anything real special out of it. You get a custom title, that's about it. It's fun to have because you can be creative. It's not like they become a mod or admin at 200 posts.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 18th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Yes. Da Pimp is so creative.

IcyMourdor
Feb 18th, 2002, 10:14 PM
So what if mine isn't.

Someone has to be the pimp of the forums. Every good forum has one.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 18th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Yes you're sooo cool. :rolleyes:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 11:23 PM
Sleazy you and your sarcasm

Spirit
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:54 AM
it is rather harsh, yet sometimes valuable as I rather enjoy his views =P

Cannibal Clown
Feb 25th, 2002, 05:54 PM
What about a psychopathic anime freak. Any good video game forum need one of those. "Psycho Otaku"

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 25th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown
What about a psychopathic anime freak. Any good video game forum need one of those. "Psycho Otaku"

Nope theres absoutley no need for one,hehe