PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2

missingno
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:04 AM
i just got done playing sum Half-life 2!! and i must say am i impressed ^__^ (for those wondering...i downloaded the leaked-beta from an undisclosed location.)

anyways..

the game runs SLOW on my 1.5ghz P3 with a 128mb geforce FX 5200.. ran like 25fps... not so bad.. but my other friend gets 57fps.. anyways.. the game is pretty cool..nice graphix and nice textures.. and very realist sounds.. i cant wait till this one comes out on the PC.. ill be first in line ^__^

has anyone else played the leaked-beta? if so let me know what u think.

~MissingNo

Infernal Mass
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:54 AM
i just got done playing sum Half-life 2!! and i must say am i impressed ^__^ (for those wondering...i downloaded the leaked-beta from an undisclosed location.)

anyways..

the game runs SLOW on my 1.5ghz P3 with a 128mb geforce FX 5200.. ran like 25fps... not so bad.. but my other friend gets 57fps.. anyways.. the game is pretty cool..nice graphix and nice textures.. and very realist sounds.. i cant wait till this one comes out on the PC.. ill be first in line ^__^

has anyone else played the leaked-beta? if so let me know what u think.

~MissingNo

not many people have played the beta version.

with that said, chances are you're not going to get any responses other than "oh wow, how was it!?" or "where'd you get it?" .. which in any case you probably won't even give out the location..if you're smart..you probably won't..also all PC related topics go in the "other consoles" forum.

you're new here so it's all good. It's easy to get confused.

kupoartist
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:06 AM
i downloaded the leaked-beta from an undisclosed location.)
and if you're sensible, you won't disclose that information ^_^ (it's against forum rules, but it seems you know that :D )

BTW, as far as I know, "leaked Beta" is just a name the people stole it gave it. The game wasn't even at Alpha stage when they stole it (you couldn't play through all what will be in the retail product, because a lot of it hadn't been created - or at least this is the offical line from Gabe "honestly September 30th guys" Newell). I'm not interested in getting an early look of half-year old code (I don't steal finished games either), but I am intrigued to know if you played through the stuff in this years E3 videos: http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/140589.shtml , because they looked pretty damned amazing... Especially, I want to know if the whole City 17 intro was in. Just don't spoil what happens after Gordon is lead into the room with the oh so homely crimson decoration!

Daniel Legge
Jun 2nd, 2004, 02:45 PM
This is a little bit off topic but does anybody know if HL2 is comin to PS2 cos i read a while back (well a long while back) that it was. Is there anyplans for console release or any details?

kupoartist
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:30 PM
This is a little bit off topic but does anybody know if HL2 is comin to PS2 cos i read a while back (well a long while back) that it was. Is there anyplans for console release or any details?
an almost definate no. Its been confirmed for an exclusive X-Box release in terms of consoles, but it wouldn't be worth playing on a PS2 (bad framerate and graphics - PS2 doesn't do half the tricks the XBox can, even if the processing powers aren't a massive distance apart). PS3 is a possibility... but if you want to play, get a decent PC or an XBox.

Daniel Legge
Jun 2nd, 2004, 03:51 PM
an almost definate no. Its been confirmed for an exclusive X-Box release in terms of consoles, but it wouldn't be worth playing on a PS2 (bad framerate and graphics - PS2 doesn't do half the tricks the XBox can, even if the processing powers aren't a massive distance apart). PS3 is a possibility... but if you want to play, get a decent PC or an XBox.

Ah right cheers, i have got a decent PC so i hope that does the job, not suprised it aint coming out on PS2 cos it is ageing now. Thanks for the info tho.