PDA

View Full Version : Driver 3

Redpyramidhead
May 29th, 2004, 09:02 AM
This can probably go under either action/adventure or racing but lets get it the attention it deserves right here. Who's excited about the release of Driver 3. I for one am excited in a way I can't describe. Let me try to use this analogy-to me it's like waiting for Halo 2. I have been such a huge fan of this game ever since I bought the first one way back when it was new in '99. What a great video-gaming summer that was. My brother and I have been fanboys since waiting for the day Driver 3 would arrive at our doorstep...well it is narrowing down! Even if it's not as good as some of the hype, it should be worth hours of entertainment as long as its as good to present videogaming market as Driver 2 was as a sequel in 2000. Ps2F has got some nice screenshots up. More to come soon I think. I'm sure once a trailer is available it will be linked too, as well.

_RED_ stuff

Infernal Mass
May 29th, 2004, 06:41 PM
there's a six point inspection of Driv3r in the new issue of EGM. May want to check it out, it also made the cover..

Berserker
Jun 1st, 2004, 02:53 AM
I'll keep my eyes open for this one, better start saving money for the coming releases... I'll keep a look out for any trailers.

Edit: Here you go...

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_driver3.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_driver3_2.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_driver3_3.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_driver3_4.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_driver3_5.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_driver3_6.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_t_driver3_madsen.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_driver3_rodriguez.html

Berserker
Jun 21st, 2004, 03:25 AM
It's out now, anybody got it already?

Redpyramidhead
Jun 27th, 2004, 11:15 PM
DRIVER 3 IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE WHEELMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's got the same nostalgaic feel of the old ones and it's got ubelievably more!!! You were wrong Carlito!!! It turned out AWESOME!!!

_RED_ stuff

Vic Viper
Jun 28th, 2004, 12:51 AM
ign and gamespot doesnt seem to like it, they both gave the game 5.4. :ninja:

Redpyramidhead
Jun 30th, 2004, 04:42 AM
As you might have guessed, I cannot belieeeeve they gave it a score as low as 5.4. That is their business, though, even if they are grossly misinforming the videogaming public.

I was very stoked earlier by the game so that's why I had to give it a shout out in my earlier post from the other day. Now I will be more informative. Driver 3 is a huge project for any developer. It consists of 3 cities, each bigger in size it seems than Vice City. I won't go into a lot of detail, but there are a LOT of different vehicles... like 70, each with their own feel. Add that to the fact Reflections decided to add to the on foot aspect of the game this time around so it wasn't just the actual driving you focus on in all of the missions and when you use the free roam mode, and you have a lot of things that need to be taken care of to make this a good game. Because of that reason, this game was inevitably going to be compared to the GTA series by a lot of reviewers. They have the right to do this and a good reason, but I also feel it is wrong to do so. Driver 3's strongest point is the actual Driving. This game's intention is to give you the feel of all those car chase movies from that era and I feel it does a remarkable job at it. I won't say much more, except that Driver 3 is its own entity and comparisons to GTA are wrong because it is a different kind of fun that the Driver series offers and I feel that if its impossible to not enjoy it for what it is (which I feel actually has more replay value in this sense than GTA,) then I feel that people should be allowed to enjoy it without having to listen to impatient reviewers who want to compare everything to GTA 3 and Vice City. This is a completely different entity. It has the right to be called so because the series started before GTA 3 and it remains true to the Driver spirit. THE DRIVING! SCrew the arrogant reviewers at ign and gamespot on this one. Enough said.

_RED_ stuff

Billyum7
Jun 30th, 2004, 02:23 PM
I think the game SUCKS! So many glitches it has more glitches then socom 1 for god sakes.. everytime i crash of my motorcycle and take my gun out at the same time my guy like falls to the ground and lays there cant do anything but put my gun away or take it out.. only good thing about is the stupid FMVs everything else sucks the cars are cool to i guess but what with the timmys vermicellis or w/e c`mon who ever in there right mind made driver knows Gta owns driver. you know San andreas is going to throw something back at them........Yea sry all you driver fan boys but the game blows not sucks sorry.. :pimp: oh and red the driving isnt even that great for a game called DRIV3R. :pimp:

Redpyramidhead
Jul 1st, 2004, 02:17 AM
Listen noobie, offer a more intelligent opinion next time. You just got here, you hardly have the right to be an ass about things. Watch who you are talking to, as well. The name is Redpyramidhead aka Red, remember it because you will see a lot of me here. You are calling me a fanboy of Driver but you are a self proclaimed GTA guru! What's your point?
I agree the game does have its glitches, but as a reviewer who was thinking of offering my official input for this site I felt certain details should not be discussed yet. To me, the overall fun factor outweighs the glitches and I felt people should know that. I want people to enjoy the games i enjoy just like you. Grow up little boy. If you want to be a part of this community I suggest you be respectful. Games do not just "suck." And on top of that i do not apologize for not having jumped on the GTA bandwagon to the point you have. We here at Ps2Fantasy, its staff such as harry, carlito, rei, panuru (remember those names, kid) and it's contributers run a respectful gaming community here. One of our biggest things is believing in the games an individual believes in, not just jumping onto bandwagons. Being original is what this place is all about. Remember it.

_RED_ stuff

neomarik
Jul 1st, 2004, 02:30 AM
i second that notion red ( but i have played clock tower 3 and its pretty damn close to sucking)

fantasytiger
Jul 1st, 2004, 02:52 AM
ok first off not a smart move kid you getting off to a very bad start newb red is a loved and known member here so you are pretty much playing with fire. First off here if we have an oppinion we voice it respectfully most of us are nice and i am not going to jump you red did enough of that (nice one red) ,but i will not tolerate you coming down on red like that it was uncalled for he is a cool person but the wrong person to screw with so if i were you i would watch your tongue or you can and will be removed by the moderaters if you keep it up

Infernal Mass
Jul 1st, 2004, 04:46 AM
pretentious isn't he..but he does make sense if you're able to get past all the jibba-jabba..(i used jibbafish).

I haven't played the game, but it doesn't take long at all to see what reflections wanted to do with the series. Driv3r tried to be like GTA..yes..it did. If they didn't then why didn't Reflections just leave Tanner's ass in the car for the whole game? Truth is they wanted to draw some of GTA's audience in..it ended up backfiring though...

True Crime recieved a better reception, and that game was so awful....just spelling it out gives me flashbacks.

Redpyramidhead
Jul 1st, 2004, 10:00 AM
Thanks, Tiger :D But I didn't mean to put the fear of god into him...lmao. :lmao: No, it's cool, though. I just think it is cool how these boards can be open, but usually we voice opinions in a civil way that is all billy. I am a bit calmer now anyways after having played some Driver 3. Heh. Thanks neo and tigre! Don't get the wrong idea though guy im not as important as they say...lol.

_RED_ stuff

Billyum7
Jul 1st, 2004, 02:22 PM
i didnt jump on red!! god dang i said the game sucks if he didnt like gta i dont know if he does he can say so that it sucks i wont think of him jumping on my back god do i have to like the game no! dont get me wrong the game was fun at the start but then all the glitches and everything else it gets old you do the same thing over and over.. the stroyline was boring too.. atleast i said the fmvs were good lol.. after you find the timmys its not fun anymore. :pimp: and you guys were jumping on my back for saying i dont like a game..

Redpyramidhead
Jul 3rd, 2004, 06:27 AM
Actually, looking back, I was a little harsh. Yes, you can believe this game to suck if you want. Duh. I was just saying it is better to not express your opinion that way, especially here in the PS2F community. I don't think GTA sucks. Even if I did, I would not just plain say it sucks. I actually enjoy the GTA series a lot and most people who talk to me know that, but I have a strong opinion that not all games should have to be compared to something just because it sells well. Driver has also sold really well, If it sets new standards, yes that is a part of it, but my argument is that the Driver series has also set its own standards and I feel the third installment lives up to those standards and a great deal of those brought onto the table by GTA. I also feel, though, that Driver and GTA do not necessarily belong on the same table. Yes, as Infernal said, perhaps they should have left Tanner in the car to put it in his blunt manner, but for those who played Driver 2 (which came out before GTA3) also know that Tanner had already been taken out of the car so that he could jack more cars to continue his missions and add more replay value in the "take a drive" mode. He didn't have guns yet, but to me it seems just as much a natural progression for him to have access to them in this game as much as it does seem to mirror the directon GTA took. That is my opinion, yes. Perhaps the glitches in Driver 3 are unforgiveable in many ways, but like I said (and this is the last time I say it,) I feel the game offers enough fun to outweight that detracted in any way by these glitches. That is what I am saying. Props to you for standing by your opinion, but like you I am entitled to mine.

_RED_ stuff

Billyum7
Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:43 PM
yea sry for saying it sucked its okay my bad ill put this stupid crap behind me..

Vicious_2003
Jul 4th, 2004, 07:21 PM
Id go on the record as saying this may very well be one of the BIGGEST dissapointments in video game history. All the hype..all the time spent in development, and the game looks soo very very rushed. Its FULL of glitchy animations and the on foot missions are downright TERRIBLE

This is clearly another case of developers thinking that the name alone coupled with some big name voice actors and a good marketing campaign will push a good qauntity in sales. And it bothers the shit outta me.

But as to not sound too negative..that classic driver goodness is still there. Just running from the cops and making movies is satisfying enough to make this game a descent rent....maybe.

And as for saying its an entirely different entity . I tend to disagree. I mean...im not going to dog it and say its trying to jock off of gta...because..this was the natural evolution of the Driver series. It would probably be the same game with or without the existence of GTA. But still..its not an ENTIRELY different entity..there are some GLARINGLY OBVIOUS SIMILARITIES in terms of gameplay

Overall I couldnt see ranking this game anything higher than a 7.0 out of ten. Soo much potential only to fall SOOO short...its a shame IMHO.

And just to comment on Billyums lil situation. I dont think it was your having a negative opinion of the game that bothered everyone so much as your lack of respect for a fellow member. Especially one as highly regaurded as my man red. Were all free to express our opinions as long as its done respectfully. Going around calling ppl fan boys isnt exactly. "welcomed" behavior. Anyway..thats just my two cents..live and learn

Redpyramidhead
Jul 5th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Wow... one of the BIGGEST dissappointments in gaming history, Vicious? I am just speechless. This is because I simply enjoy playing the game so much I don't quite understand where you are coming from. It is good to hear these things, though, if I do end up reviewing it because people need to know how others feel than just myself if my opinion is so different than the majority. The funny effect this is having on me, though, is that I am wondering if I am completely off my rocker and gone insane?!? :lmao: Is my liking this game the equivalent of that guy out there right now swimming on the sidewalk somewhere in downtown Boston? You know who he is. "awww... what a cool refreshing day for a swim..."

So my obvious question would be...

Is there somebody out there other than me who likes this game a lot?

_RED_ stuff