PDA

View Full Version : Arcade and Store Official Thread

tempted
May 26th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Ok i just got a pm of Goodman challenging me for a Space Invaders game in the Arcade but when i click on the link to go there i get this message...

Kaena, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
..wich get's me to thinking because after i read the pm i was able to get in but i didn't accept or declined the game because i had to do some stuff so i left ..so the problem is that now when i try to go there it doesn't allow me to get in..anyone knows why this happens?.. :confused:

Oh and another thing..i just noticed that the forums have now a STORE can someone explain me better how does that work and how the hell i am one of the richest members...i'm kinda confused by all that...:)

Thanks! :)

Harry
May 26th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Hehe it's all perfectly normal...

the arcade and the store aren't open yet. We are testing the whole thing. We must install games, setup the store, setup the points system, and some other little thing. Once open, we'll be sure to launch everything properly and give all the detailed information to all of you!

Goodman just sent you the challenge in one of the few moments in which the arcade was open for testing today! You'll be able to play soon!

tempted
May 26th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Oh ok..i was getting confused and i like to know what's going on around here..thanks for the info :)..

Redpyramidhead
May 27th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Could somebody please explain to me what this is?

Arcade Pass - Change Custom Title - Change Other User's Custom Title - Change Username - Glowing Username - Colored Username - Bold Username - Italicized Username - Secondary Usergroup - Sticky Thread - Thief! - Buy Forum Password - Buy Forum Access - Deny Forum Access - Give Forum Access

You can use your gil for these "privilages"? I don't get it. Why would you be allowed to do half these things??? It doesn't seem right.

Maybe I'm having another blonde moment.

*confused*

_RED_ stuff

Berserker
May 27th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Same here...What's with this Gil(what does it even mean???)
You can buy a ban or something??? And why should you be able to change other people's settings?

tempted
May 27th, 2004, 03:44 AM
I asked about the arcade and the store yesterday and i got this in response from Harry ...

Hehe it's all perfectly normal...

the arcade and the store aren't open yet. We are testing the whole thing. We must install games, setup the store, setup the points system, and some other little thing. Once open, we'll be sure to launch everything properly and give all the detailed information to all of you!

Goodman just sent you the challenge in one of the few moments in which the arcade was open for testing today! You'll be able to play soon!

Harry
May 27th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Not all the features of the shop will be active once we have finished. The buy-deny forum access are referred to special forums that could be opened only for people who have enough "virtual" money - for example, forums with downloadable material. But I doubt we'll active this feature.

Gils - or how forums money will be called - are assigned according to your actions in the forums. Creating a thread, a post, viewing posts can give you a fixed amount of gil; the amount of gils given changes according to the forums you're posting in. For example, creating a thread in "creative" forums like Gallery or Fan Fiction gives more points thant doing the same actions in General Chat.

Gils will be used also to play in the Arcade, but also to change your username (we'll no longer accept private requests to change usernames), custom title, and to buy additional features - for example more space for PMs in your box.

Hope this was clear, but you can ask any question you have.

kupoartist
May 27th, 2004, 01:32 PM
and to buy additional features - for example more space for PMs in your box.
/me saves my gils, and just exports them into a .xls file instead ( I'm cheatin' the system :O ) :lmao:

Harry
May 27th, 2004, 01:42 PM
/me saves my gils, and just exports them into a .xls file instead ( I'm cheatin' the system :O ) :lmao:

Hahaha, yeah, that's a nice feature!

Sodge
May 27th, 2004, 02:09 PM
That's nifty. The only hope I have is that the stores items will be reasonably priced. ;)

Hyuuga Neji
May 31st, 2004, 04:29 PM
whats the point of the arcade pass?

Pu the Owl
May 31st, 2004, 04:39 PM
People pay for playing a fixed amount of Gils.

you can even purchase an "Arcade Pass" in the store to play for two weeks without having to pay for each single game.

It's in the announcement. That's the point of the pass.

Piggle_humsy
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
How do u do the colour thing for you name to glow?? I tried to do it but in the preview it looked normal so I left it.

Thanks,

Also in the shop, if you could put examples in each of the things so as we go to use them it tells us exactly what to do, that would be helpful! :D
But so far Im loving all the new things!
Great idea with the gils!

:D

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Infernal Mass
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:58 PM
typen in the colors then it'll ask for confirmation that was probably the normal looking thing you saw..after the conformation then the name will glow

Harry
Jun 1st, 2004, 08:30 PM
Yes, the store isn't as user friendly as we would like it to be - the original code isn't ours, so we are fixing little by little small and big problems.

Hyuuga Neji
Jun 1st, 2004, 11:26 PM
Whats the whole point behind donating, just to be nice or what?

Harry
Jun 2nd, 2004, 05:28 AM
Yes, it's "just to be nice". You might want to donate something to your friends on the forums, or send them Gils as virtual gifts for their birthday. ;)

Hyuuga Neji
Jun 2nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Ahhhh i see it would be cool if you could buy stuff with the gil like pictures of gifts or somethin and send them to people :)

kupoartist
Jun 3rd, 2004, 07:09 AM
O_o... okies, I need banking and the gil system explained. Why do I now have -40 odd gil? And what happens to my bank money once it's in the banK? is it untouchable permanently or what?

goodman
Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:29 PM
I expect youve read this now, Kupo, but here is the link...

http://forums.ps2fantasy.com/announcement.php?f=2

Berserker
Jun 4th, 2004, 03:34 AM
It doesn't exactly explain the banking system and negative gils there...

kupoartist
Jun 5th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Well, the stuff in the bank was untouched, but annoyingly i couldn't get at it until after I had enough money to deposit in there :/

I got my coloured username (P|-|34R 73|-| P1|\||< 0|\|3 !!!), so i'm happy. I'm kind of discontented by the basic fact that I suck at all the arcade games but nevermind ^^ (co-ordinated keyboard gymnastics? pff - i'm a spontanteous type :D )

Hyuuga Neji
Jun 5th, 2004, 04:42 PM
How do you take something off like the glow on the name?

kupoartist
Jun 5th, 2004, 05:02 PM
How do you take something off like the glow on the name?
I don't know for certain, but I think you just "buy" it again - Harry was able to do it at some point, as it says so in the "recent purchases" list.

BTW, I just found a major problem just now. I was playing a game, and I got no gils when I won! Plz Fix! http://www.kupoartist.eclipse.co.uk/images/kupowin.jpg

(Please; don't hit me ^_^)

Preventer Wind
Jun 10th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Well I like the arcade a little too much... :nerd: but I still can't find anything about the bank. It costs money to deposit and withdraw so I figure it has to do something. Do you earn interest on what's in the bank? Or is there a way to steal other members' gil? Or am I just stupid by trusting the First National Ps2Fantasy bank with my gil?

Rei
Jun 10th, 2004, 08:15 PM
The purpose to deposit gils in bank is exactly the interests. You earn 2% interest on deposited gils. Regarding the steal action, we're still activating it, we didn't want to make a mess with other actions, so before activating it or other actions in the future, we wanted to be sure that basic actions were working properly.

Piggle_humsy
Jun 10th, 2004, 09:00 PM
The banks great! I depositied 500 gils the first time and the next day I had 510! woohoo! It's all good!

:D

:roll:

Preventer Wind
Jun 13th, 2004, 04:37 AM
OK thank you. I guess I never gave it a full 24 hours...now to start funding my empire... :borg:

Piggle_humsy
Jun 23rd, 2004, 09:58 AM
Where have all the Trophies gone?? :confused:

The Trophy pics from under peoples names...

goodman
Jun 23rd, 2004, 11:45 AM
No money anymore if you didnt notice...

Harry
Jun 23rd, 2004, 08:20 PM
Hehe, we're working on the signature thing, and some things were temporarily turned off. Hope to solve this soon - even though I don't know what to say for the negative gils, kupò!

Harry
Jun 23rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Everything should be back again... but you may encounter some issues tomorrow since we are trying to modify the signatures img checking system.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and please let me know if you spot some issues or problems in the Arcade and in the Shop!

Hyuuga Neji
Sep 23rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
Is the change user name feature enabled? If so how much does it cost?

IcyMourdor
Sep 24th, 2004, 12:03 AM
Is the change user name feature enabled? If so how much does it cost?

Currently, no, you cannot change your username. When the feature is available, it will cost 42800 gil. I am about 1/3 of the way there.

Hyuuga Neji
Sep 24th, 2004, 07:14 AM
well according to the amount i have banked i could do that now lol, just curious if they feature was available or if its even going to become available. Thanks

Frozen
Jul 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
So it says "collect great interests" when you save moeny in the bank, but there are no other specifications.

How does it work? Does it get compounded daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc.....

What is the interest percentage?

Can we get loans? lol (i.e. buy that very expensive username change, etc.)

What else can be done with money put in the bank?