PDA

View Full Version : OK why didnt this work the first time?

Redpyramidhead
May 19th, 2004, 01:32 AM
My thread won't show up!
Let's try this again:
The bugs warned about in the announcements doesnt seem to cover this so I am posting this. Something seriously strange is happening here. I am not even sure if this thread will be posted due to the wierd trouble I have been having the last few days. I want to know if anybody else has been experiencing this.
The first problem is noticeable right away. When I post something under a thread it does not list my user name (Redpyramidhead, of course) as the last poster in that thread and send that thread to the top of the list, acting much like it never happened. The problem doesn't seem to correct itself over time, either. Also, (and this is the most maddening if you can imagine) I have come back to the forums several times to find that things I posted earlier are no longer there as if they never existed. Also, there was a new thread started by Lost_Myth in Fan Fiction in which I posted and upon my next visit, not only was my post gone, but so was the entire thread! And finally, I keep recieving the same PM over and over again as if the systen doesn't remember me recieving it. I do not complain often because I feel this is an incredible forum and it has not given me any trouble in the past, but when I start to feel like I may be invisible I get very paranoid. It is part of my personality...heh. The most disturbing part about this is I have not noticed any similar complaints from anybody else. Thanks for any help you can offer me. I would like to be able to continue to contribute unninterrupted in this forums in the future because I love them so much!

_RED_ stuff

kupoartist
May 19th, 2004, 03:55 AM
Red, I'm seeing both this thread, the one you posted earlier and your post in the "Forum Performance" Thread. Do you still not see these yet? (Perhaps theres a time delay or some such weirdness... just a thought, but check your system clock is set to the correct date and time *shrugs*). It could also be some setting on account which is putting the forums in a different layout, which confuses you, I suppose... Either that or somethings just generally wrong with your computer. I know of no

Disappearing Threads may be the result of deletion. Lost_Myth or a moderator may have purposefully or (hopefully not) accidently deleted the thread because of it's contents. Though I assume you're meaning the "submit your poem" thread (which you've posted in), which appears very much alive and well from where I'm sitting!

Carlito
May 19th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Hi,

I never experienced these problems. Maybe you can be more precise and tell me what's the title of the thread that was deleted? Also, it's normal that the main page isn't updated immediately when you post; the software updates the counters every few minutes.

Anyhow, this could be a problem with IE cache or stuff like that. If anybody else is experiencing this, let me know. The layout problems mentioned in the announcement are actually extremely limited, and they do not affect forums' functionalities.

Redpyramidhead
May 21st, 2004, 12:49 AM
Thanks for your responses. I did not see them until just now, actually because they wouldnt appear when I logged in. Also, the poetry thread I posted in is now visible again. I guess the real test is to see if this post works right away. Oh yeah, and it stopped flashing that same PM at me. Strange, huh? :roflmao:

_RED_ stuff