PDA

View Full Version : Out of the light, came darkness

Dark Angel
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:40 PM
OK fine I'll put this here, erm I cant really summarise it or anything so I wont! It's just the very beginning, I'll put the rest of the chapter up if you like it.

Chapter 1: Final Hope

As the sun rises a lone figure can be seen standing near a dead tree. The sun's rays shine down on a plain of land, void of life, that was once a battlefield. The field once held a great battle, this battle was fought to determine who would gain control of the Earth. The two sides that waged war, for the ultimate prize, were the angels of the high Heaven and the demons of the lower Hell.

For many years, neither side was able to gain an upper hand in the war...until the humans became involved. For many years, humans fought along side with the angels, but the humans with malicious thoughts had different plans. The demons, knowing that they would gain an advantage with the humans, used the human's greed and evil intentions to win them over.

With a large number of humans joining the demons, the time for the demon's victory was close at hand. When the demons had enough humans, they decided that it was time to destroy the angels once and for all. The demons invaded Heaven with all their forces attacking. The angels were unable to stop the demons assault, due to the number of humans aiding the demons.

After many years of battling, the demons were able to destroy the angels. All hope was lost...And now a new era of darkness was about to begin...Yet...the demons are unable to gain complete control of the Earth. There are still angels that fight the war that was started so long ago. The humans that sided with the angels went into hiding, waiting for their day of revenge. There has even been a rumour of demons helping the angels. The half breeds of supreme power have begun to surface……

Now a new war is about to erupt...

Pu the Owl
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Hey! You decided to post more works!

I think this sort of intro is really interesting. It seems something between myth and sci-fi :D
It also seem something ambitious, and I hope to read the next part very soon, because I'm interested in knowing what's this sotry will be about :)

Soul Angel
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Hey that intro is pretty good!
It sounds like an interesting story
Can't wait till you post the next chapter :)

Faile
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:58 PM
it reminds me of dogma .

which is a cool thing .

and also n nominewhich was a pen and paper rpg game ages back

good workness !

Dark Angel
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Hmm, I've never heard it be compared to Dogma, and it wont turn out like that at all probably (well more than probably, sorry!) and it was weird when this came into my head, cos I am actually a strong athesist, but I like the idea of angels etc, just dont believe half of its true! I'll put some more of the first chapter up then I guess!

Dark Angel
Mar 12th, 2002, 04:01 PM
"These battles have gone on long enough...It is time to put an end to these demons...and I will be the one to finish it...The battle started so long ago still continues to these days...but soon they will end...I'll make sure of that." Arais takes one last look at the sky from where he stands and then he turns around and begins to walk away from the barren plain. The wastelands were hunting ground for the daring demons who stayed on Earth, preying on the weaker angels or the humans who sided with them. Yet Arais felt no fear on walking through this forbidden land. He had been given the strength of the demons and the power of the angels, and none of the weaknesses that either possessed. He was superior in every ways to the scorched beings that ruled Heaven, and the pitiful beings that had lost the precious land. Despite his origins, he hated each species as much as the other, he was neither an angel or a demon, yet had abilities of both. All the best and none of the worst. An angelic being with a darkness raging inside, a Dark Angel was all he was, a half breed, who’s fate was to lead an army to take back the Holy Land from the dark beings, a fate he had trouble accepting. He was not one to believe in destiny, yet somehow could not shake off the feeling that to lead the world to the light of Heaven was his calling.

Arais stood on a cliff looking over a giant forest, a forest that had once stood tall and elegant, but was now burned to the ground, with charred trees being it’s only inhabitants. In the far distance he could see a wooden house and a city. They dared not enter the charred forest for no thing could live there, nor not being should walk. A sudden gust of wind blew past, making his cape flow upwards revealing his white gold-coloured wings. Arais’s eyes were burning strangely.
He closed his eyes. "I wonder why the world was in war, why the pitiful humans dared to interfere", he said, opening his eyes, "I sense another wave of darkness coming this way. I'd better start training"
Arais threw off his golden cape, revealing his wings and pulled out the double swords. The forest ahead would carry many foes, and he needed to be prepared. He jumped up into the air and then, coming down, started to run down the cliff face, his wings spread out thanks to the upwind, causing him to float to the ground. Walking into the forest, the smell of blood and death rushed up to meet Arais. He was on a battle field, with the angels against the demons, how it always was. The angels were overpowered, and Arais had watched them fall to defeat at the hands of the demons and the humans they were exploiting. Images rushed back to him, and a feeling of despair overpowered his body.

"NO! This is not my fault, I could do nothing and they are not my race to help…" he shouted at his inner self, yet he felt the question arising, who was his race to help? He was an outcast from both sides, too much of a demon for the angels to accept him, and too much of an angel for the demons to accept him. His despair heightened, until he could take no more of this torment. He rushed up, screaming and threw one of his swords at a nearby tree, embedding the blade several inches into the bark.

"Well, aren’t we a temperamental one?" a voice came from close by. Arais pivoted around, eyes darting in all directions, "How could I have not sensed a being’s presence?"
"Your despair fills your heart, you have clouded your mind, with these irrelevant thoughts" the voice continued. Arais frantically looked around and noticed a shadow a few feet from him. Slowly a figure appeared, taking the shape of a young woman, much the same as his age, a beautiful creature, who’s transencded beauty seemed to come from Heaven itself. Arais was stunned for a few moments before shaking himself back to reality. "You feel torn between the two sides" she continued.

Arais snorted and grabbed his blade out of the tree.

" Like I need help from a pitiful girl….."

She ignored this comment and continued.

"And which is the right side, huh? How would you know the right side? You are both angel and devil. That should not be, but here you are. I know most angels would attack you on the spot but I have lived on this land for 1000 years I don't of that."

"How can you live here, this place is a wasteland, not rightful creature could live here"

"I am of special blood and believe me you will need my help, if you wish to follow your fate"

" What if I don’t wish to follow my fate? You have wasted precious time coming to find me, girl"

" You will accept it, you cannot defeat your torment any other way, and you truly know this"

"But I don't know what side is the right side... I have decided to take my own stand against both sides. Each side wants me dead, so each side will be my enemy."

" That is very unwise, for you are only one man, and cannot defeat both sides by yourself."

"Do you doubt my skill and ability? I should kill you here for making such comments!"

"Again, unwise, for I am only here to tell you off the prophecy the angels themselves have given all there hope to. They live by the Derelick, a book that tell of the coming of a being of both light and darkness, and that this being will lead them to great glory and the vanquishing off all demons, and a land were God is once again the ruler of light in His Kingdom. Your fate is sealed and you must accept if, for you need to, you need to be wanted by either side, to help them, to see them to glory……."

"Those are some pretty big assumptions, who are you anyway?"

"My name is Lacoran, I come as a messenger from the angels, from God himself to plea for your help in our future. Our very existence is riding on your acceptance, you are our final hope…….."

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Wow! thats a reall piece of work.I can't believe you came up with that.Man thats good.

Soul Angel
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Wow its very good!
I like it, its a very interesting story
Can't wait to read the next chapter to your story
Keep it up!

Dark Angel
Mar 13th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Elsewhere, a dark figure sits atop a tree, the rain splattering against his face and making his hair stick to he head. Below him and down the hill is a network of caves. But these caves should be alive with animals, but they are not. They are smouldering and blackened. The figure spreads his wings and swoops down to the destruction. When he arrives he sees bodies everywhere, some burnt, some stabbed, others brutally beaten. He walks into the caves. The smell of smoke, ash, and death filled his nostrils. He turned and walked out of the caves. He looked into the sky as a flash of lightning streaks across the sky, lighting his face. As he looked at the destruction, his heart began to fill with anger. And when it could fill no longer, it burst from his skin in the form of fire. An aura of fire surrounded him, engulfed him, made him one with the fire. He let out a great burst of energy blasting down trees and blowing away mountains. He decided to use this anger, channel it, harness it, he would use it to seek revenge for his clan. He will destroy those responsible, and he will destroy them without mercy as they did his clan.

"THEY WILL PAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!" The figure yelled and the words echoed for a seemingly long time. "I WILL FIND THEM AND DESTROY THEM LIKE THE DOGS THEY ARE!!!!!!". The figure leaps into the air and speeds towards the west...

Mana
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Can I ask you how many stories have you written before this one?
It seems you're not a newbie regarding this kind of things :)

I must add your way of writing is so damn good! I'm envious of your talent!
Can I ask another thing?
How did you find the idea for this story?

Dark Angel
Mar 15th, 2002, 03:24 PM
I haven't really been writing for very long I guess, but I'm usually always writing things and never finished them since I was like 8 or so (so maybe I have been writing for long I dunno :) ) I'm really glad you like it!

As for where did I get the idea from, I dont really know, I've always liked the idea of an evil angel (hence my name) but I kinda just started writing this and kept going! I promise I'll actually finish this one! And yeah I loved the idea of Dogma, despite the whole athiest thing.

I've just started Chapter 2 if you want me to put it up.

007_JamesBond
Mar 15th, 2002, 04:54 PM
That is awsome, I want more. Read my invincible story, I think that you will like it

Dark Angel
Mar 15th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Chapter 2: Minion of the Devil

The wind blew through his dark hair, his anger still burning hot inside him. After a while, the wind began to cool his hatred, forcing his revenge filled thoughts to the back of his mind. They could wait, for first he needed the guidance of the Elder, Cort. While the Elder’s location was always in secret, as to not be revealed to the demons, he seemed to be being guided to the western city of Seladon, as if being drawn by some unknown force.

It had begun to rain, and large drops of water ran into Arais’s eyes as he looked up at the darkening sky. Lacoran’s plea filled words were left hanging heavily in the air. She was looking at him with eager eyes, just waiting for an answer. He’d never felt so nervous in his life. He didn’t want to give her false hope in something he could not fulfil, yet couldn’t bear that feeling in the air. The rain was beating down even heavier now.
“Ahem, perhaps we should find some shelter before this storm get any worse!” he shouted over the noise of the rain, only too happy to change the subject.
Instead of answering, Lacoran turned around and appeared to be staring towards the distance, a sense of confused worry on her face. After a long pause, she abruptly turned around again.
“I sense an evil heading this way, we should leave and find shelter”
“Did she not even hear me or something?!” Arais thought angrily to himself, and wondered how much of this mysterious girl he could stand. Instead of voicing his thoughts, he merely kept silent. Turning around, he noticed an odd curiosity in the sky above him. The swirling, rain filled clouds suddenly disappeared, and a blood red sky greeted him. It was strangely hypnotic, and Arais found himself staring quietly at the sky. But then suddenly a great sense of evil washed over him, infecting his every pore. He snapped out of his trace, only to be knocked to the floor and ended up careering through a large puddle of mud that had formed in the storm. The rain then suddenly began to fall with even more force, as if it was been being held back in the space of time after Arais had noticed the sky. The rain left him blinded, not even being able to see a few feet in front of his face. Looking around frantically, trying to see what had attacked him, he heard a scream. Lacoran. He unsheathed his swords and rushed towards the sound. The rain cleared slightly for him to see the burning red eyes of a demon nearby. Slowing slightly for better aim, Arais swung one of his swords around and dug it deep into the demons back. Green blood dribbled out of the wound and the hell bound demon fell to the floor with a grunt. Arais pulled out the sword in its back and threw it at the demon’s head.
“Just to make sure” he said to himself.
Suddenly, a figure came sweeping in from Arais’s left, flying past his face at great speed. This time, he managed to keep relatively sure footing, and ran into the rain to see who it was. After fighting back the rain, Arais found the dark figure fighting the demons. It grabbed the remaining demon and gave it a introduction to a nearby tree trunk, giving off a satisfactory crunch. The figure turned around and allowed Arais to get a good look at him. His black hair was long, and flowing, as it came past his shoulders, and stopped in the centre of his spine. The only thing controlling it was the ragged, grey and black band tied around it in order to keep it out of the way. To go with the lengthy black hair, were his emerald green eyes, piercing and bitter, like unrelentingly cold daggers, stabbing into your soul. His face was handsome, but yet it was pale in a way that it seemed as though he hadn’t seen the light of day in a decade. Adding to the eminent hostility of his appearance was the heavy looking black cloak he wore, shrouding him in a veil of mystery.
“What were you doing?! I could have taken them!” Arais argued, crossing his arms stubbornly. The figure’s deep laugh cut into Arais’s head.
“Pitiful child, I am only out to destroy the demons and those who killed my entire clan, my people”
“Your clan?” Arais stared at him more and then noticed the dark tattoo symbol on the figure’s lower right arm. “Hmm……the Dakun” Arais said half to himself.
“Yes, those pitiful beings killed my entire clan, all my friends and family!!”
Lacoran finally made herself present.
“You Ok?” asked Arais. She half nodded in his direction, almost ignoring him.
“May I ask you name?” she said to the stranger.
“I am Ivan, but I do not need such petty introductions, I must head to Seladon.”
“What for?”
Ivan looked at her suspicious of the question.
“I heard the Great Elder is there, I must speak to him.”
“What for?”
Ivan stayed silent, his eyes promoting no more questions. He slowly turned his attention to Arais, and walked over to him. Ivan’s eyes pierced Arais’s mind. Suddenly, Ivan swiftly grabbed Arais and pinned him to a nearby tree. A cold silence fell over them.
“What are you…..?” Ivan said quietly after a pause. The rain had mysteriously died down, leaving the air damp and heavy. “The stench of demon on you is great, yet your evil is balanced by an inner light…what minion of the devil are…?” Ivan slowly pressed a dagger to Arais’s throat. “I say again, what are you?!” The anger grew in his voice.

OK I probably won't right much more for a while, as it takes me a while to get around to doing it and I hate having people walk past while I'm trying to write and that has a tendancy of happening a lot in my house, but hope you still like it

Pu the Owl
Mar 16th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Dark Angel
OK I probably won't right much more for a while, as it takes me a while to get around to doing it and I hate having people walk past while I'm trying to write and that has a tendancy of happening a lot in my house, but hope you still like it

This happens a lot in my house too and it's annoying, especially when you're looking for concentration :p
But it seems it's not abig problem for you because this chapter came out amazingly.
Take your time to write the next parts, don't try to write something rushed only to please people here. If they're really interested, they will wait to read the next part, even if it takes longer. ;)

Dark Angel
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:16 PM
OK, thanks advice taken. I have loads to write on other stuff too, A level coursework and a MGS2 PAL Dog Tag Guide

Carlito
Mar 16th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Woah! A great beginning and a good second part.
I agree: you should take your time to write the next chapters and develop the story as you wish.

Dark Angel
Mar 31st, 2002, 11:41 AM
As the tension rose, Laocarn quickly intervened to break them apart.

"He is the Dark Angel, commanded by legend to bring back peace and prospecity to the angels."

Arais’s heart again fell at Laocarn’s expectations of him, her sense of pride at something he was not stabbed at his conscience.

Ivan slowly took his hands off Arais, and looked at him in a rather bemused expression.

"Him……? But….." Ivan began to protest to Laocarn, but she cut him off.

"Surely, you have heard the legend of the half demon half angel, who will help the angels rise in their lowest moment, being of the Dakun."

"Well, yes….but he’s just a boy, he can’t take on such a task"

Arais again began to realise he was gradually being pushed out of the conversation.

"The myths are vague, but he can" Laocarn looked over to Arais, the hope in her eyes making his heart sink.

Ivan looked over at him, sceptical to say the least. He sighed.

"I will have to believe you, my lady" Ivan aimed at Laocarn. "Well, as I said, I must hurry to Seladon."

"We must speak to the Elder as well, why do you need his expertise?" Laocarn inquired.

"Those demons have destroyed my clan, I must seek revenge for my fallen family and friends. In our scriptures, they tell of the Elder’s advice and him as our spiritual guide. He will surely know how to lead me in my vengeance."

This seemed to please Laocarn, as she nodded satisfactorily and headed east towards Seladon.

Arais sheathed his swords and began to follow her, when Ivan quietly grabbed his shirt and pulled his close. Ivan whispered into his ear, with an edge of anger still in his voice.

"She has blind faith in you, boy" Ivan said nodding towards Laocarn "I hope you can live up to it." The sound in Ivan’s voice hinting at what would happen if he couldn’t.

"But I’m not……." Arais started, by Ivan’s look stopped him in his tracks. Ivan let him go, with a slight shove, and they both walked off towards the east, a lingering thought of discomfort in his mind.

Sword 4 Hire
Apr 1st, 2002, 12:46 AM
Wow...I agree you should take your time to develop your story but it's a crime to leave us hanging lol

Soul Angel
Apr 1st, 2002, 11:34 AM
Another great part to your story Dark Angel :)
I can't wait to read the next chapter
Keep it up! ;)