PDA

View Full Version : Latest Nintendo Developments.

kupoartist
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:58 PM
current quote from Nintendo itself:

Nintendo Public Affairs"We are told that a "Final Fantasy" which will run concurrently between the GameCube and GBA is currently in the works, and that it will be released this Christmas. Two other titles for the GBA are also in development. We hear that one of them is "Final Fantasy Tactics".

Now that sounds intresting to say the least... What does everyone think?

Soul Angel
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:20 PM
It sounds good, plus by releasing them on the GBA, if Square end up not releasing them to europe then it would mean we could just import the games, right?
(I know that is what you could do with the GBC)

But it also says something about FF games going onto the GC as well, I'm not to sure if that's a good thing or bad thing?
I guess it depends on what FF titles they are actually planning to release on the GC, if any? :confused:

kupoartist
Mar 11th, 2002, 03:44 PM
I don't think the new partnership will affect relations with Sony, so we'll be able to still buy FFXI and the rest... I guess It'll end up being expensive to be a FF fan if they develop stuff other than conversions for the GC... but at least the GC costs the same price as a PS2...

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 11th, 2002, 04:56 PM
I thought the PS2 was more expensive?

Spirit
Mar 11th, 2002, 07:17 PM
whoa, that's cool ff tactics captuered my heart! I can't believe another one is coming out, that's amazing :) I guess I'll just have to buy gamecube after all...

DragonSphere
Mar 12th, 2002, 01:27 AM
Will the FFT game for GBA be a remake or sequel?

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 12th, 2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by the_artist
but at least the GC costs the same price as a PS2...

What??? In Canada the PS2 is still selling at $449.00, while the GC is much cheaper a $299.00.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:11 AM
I read in GAME PRO that you wouldn't see the FF series in the GC or anything nintendo because of some previous decisions made when i get home tonite ill type the article in here so everyone can read it.

kupoartist
Mar 12th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

What??? In Canada the PS2 is still selling at $449.00, while the GC is much cheaper a $299.00.

Oops sorry :) sometimes i forget that there are benefits to being european: here the PS2 is £200 (i think about US$240, but i can't be sure...) as the GC is.

I'd like to stress that Nintendo themselves are not 100% sure that it is FF : Tactics (A remake rather than a sequel BTW.) in development for the GBA, but it is fairly likely.

I wonder what the other remake title is... perhaps FFV?

Killuminati
Mar 12th, 2002, 06:42 PM
they are going to remake V and VI for the GBA

Macceh^
Mar 17th, 2002, 07:58 AM
ff on the game probably a good idea i guess but if previous ff titles on the gb are anything to go by then it wont. Sayign that the GBA is alot more powerfull than the original so i have all faith that they mgith just pull soemthing amazing off this time.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 19th, 2002, 10:04 AM
A lot of people hear that they are making it for GBA and get all excited that its gonna be released but its never for sure because they made Final Fantasy GBA for dreamcast and never released it and it was made when dreamcast was brand new so ill wait till i see that its released until i believe it.

kupoartist
Mar 19th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Neo_Soldier28
A lot of people hear that they are making it for GBA and get all excited that its gonna be released but its never for sure because they made Final Fantasy GBA for dreamcast and never released it and it was made when dreamcast was brand new so ill wait till i see that its released until i believe it.

Ok... i'm not totally sure what you are going on about here, but no "Final Fantasy GBA" was, or would ever logically be made for the Dreamcast. Square did have a Dreamcast dev kit, but why would a 128-bit Ff game be taken off the dreamcast and then made for the 32-bit Gba?!?!

Nintendo and Square have both confirmed that Final Fantasy games will be out by the end of this year, among them WILL be Final Fantasy Tactics as previously stated. Our only real worry should be that Square USA or Square-Europe are yet to comment on whether the Nintendo deal applies in the west...

Spank-A-Thon
Mar 19th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Firstly, Square have stated that they wished to redo FFV & VI on handheld but that the WonderSwan (which FFI, II, III have been remade on) was not powerful enough to cope. So from this is seems fairly likely we'll see all the SNES FF's on GBA, spesh considering GBA is little more than a handheld SNES.

As for the question of releasing the games in Europe, there in NO need to worry. GBA does not have territorial lockout so we can simply import them from the US.

Handheld FF - does it get any better?

- S

kupoartist
Mar 20th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
Firstly, Square have stated that they wished to redo FFV & VI on handheld but that the WonderSwan (which FFI, II, III have been remade on) was not powerful enough to cope. So from this is seems fairly likely we'll see all the SNES FF's on GBA, spesh considering GBA is little more than a handheld SNES.

As for the question of releasing the games in Europe, there in NO need to worry. GBA does not have territorial lockout so we can simply import them from the US.

Its hard to know the exact position on the remakes of FFIV - VI already put foward, as that happened last year. And in that time IV has become a Wonderswan Game. (despite III still not making an appearance.) But I reckon we can expect to see these sometime in 2003 at the earliest. Though personally i'd rather see 1-3 released as they are far more fresh than 4-6...

And yes. The limitations of TV based consoles are not a problem with the GBA, perhaps this alone will sway European publishing of the games, as the development periods will be shortned greatly (though the need to translate into other european languages may sadly remain...)