PDA

View Full Version : Onimusha 3

Vic Viper
Apr 30th, 2004, 04:22 PM
anyone here got the game yet ? :ghost:

just got the game, and it freaking rocks. the opening cg movie was just amazing. :D the action in the game was much faster pace this time around, the game isn't too easy either, there are a ton of enemies to fight, more on screen than there were in the past games. also the "tank" resi style control is gone, now you control sam and jac(jean reno) with the analog stick.

so far both the characters have been fun to use. sam starts out with his all his weapons from the original game, he really controls great, you can hack-and slash the enemies, use the weapons elemental attacks or preform this one hit kill called "issen" attack. jac (jean reno) was also a blast to use, his weapon's a whip, it can do lots of things like grabing an enemy and throwing it, you can grab the enemy and use you gun to shoot it, elemental attacks and you can also use the issen attacks with it. anyway, im off to play some more. :arrr:

Beretta55
Apr 30th, 2004, 07:23 PM
I rented it today and it was alot better then i thought it was going to be. Currently i perfer being jac....i love wrapping enemies around with my whip,shooting them with my pistol two times then throwing them around like rag-dolls. Only gripe so far is ako (i think thats how it spelled) she's like navi but more cutish. Least she's helpful and gives me lots of neat items off dead bodies and defeated genma. But im stuck im playing as samonouske for the second time and i have an idea what to do. this machine needs something to start up....but i havent found ANYTHING that would look like it would work on the machine. Guess i will have to do more snooping around.

merylsilverburg
May 4th, 2004, 03:30 AM
I got the game today (finally was released here :P) but I haven't really played it yet. Just saw the opening and I was so blown away by it. I started a "New Game" and just saw the beginning (with Jacque on the phone etc.) and I have one HUGE complaint: Why the F*CK is the language not in Japanese with Samanosuke and the French is in French?!?!?! :censored: :censored: Omg, I thought my ears were going to bleed from the English. :mad: If they were going to leave the Japan in English, then why don't they leave the French in English too? God, it makes me so angry! Let's just say this deprives my enjoyment of the game by half. I am going to go and buy the Japanese version just to hear the Japanese. I know it sounds a bit extreme, but I am incredibly picky about these sort of things.

DragonSphere
May 4th, 2004, 09:12 PM
ack, I want it so bad!!! But I've forced myself not to get the game till the later part of next week, since there's a HUGE project and essay for me to finish first. Sadly, having the game now will only be a distraction I really can't afford.....

goodman
May 4th, 2004, 11:20 PM
No doubt its a very good game, Meryls understandable gripes aside. But ive never bought a Omnimusha game, its always been BLOCKBUSTER BABY! for me, so i expect that will be the same again. But good to hear that IGN wasnt fudging this one... :roflmao:

goodman
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:34 PM
YEE HAW!YEEHAW OMNIMUSHA 3 is in the HOUSE... Blockbuster indeed finally had it in stock, so now its in my grubby hands, and im oh so ready to let you know about this baby!!! More to follow.........

goodman
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Early impressions: Beautiful graphics! This game has been very well put together, no doubt Capcom is on the cutting edge of graphics capability on the ps2 so expect Devil May Cry 3 to be a rocking game due to Capcoms noticeable ability to create superior atmosphere's, very believable... :D

DragonSphere
Jul 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM
well, looks like my patience has payed off, now that i bought Onimusha 3 for $40 (seems to have gone down recently). I'm about 5 hours into it, and playing both Samanosuke again and Jacques is just a blast. Faster fighting, fluid animation....its perfect.

pjb2006
Aug 10th, 2004, 05:04 PM
This game is pretty good. The only thing that ticks me off is that its so freakin hard to do counter attacks "on command." The only time I do them is when im mashin buttons when surrounded cause the timing is impossible to get down. And I think the ending movie kinda sucks, nothin compared to the opening one. I heard the ending is longer if u get all of the fairies's robes. Is this true, and if so, is it worth the trouble.
PS: The coolest weapon is the Maxed Out Raizan with Jacques, u know the double-sided spear. Oh yeah. <:)