PDA

View Full Version : Siren

Redpyramidhead
Apr 29th, 2004, 04:28 AM
Siren arrived last week. I almost bought a used cope of Fatal Frame 2, but I went for Siren instead (goodman is probably pulling his hair out right now "Why? WHY??? Where did I go wrong with you, Red? :laugh:) FF2 will have to be my next purchase.

In the meantime, let me just say that this is a very unique game indeed. I have not gotten very far in it yet so I'm keeping certain comments to myself. Apparently, there are some 80 missions which are not in sequential order. You play as 10 different characters and you go back and forth between them between missions at different times during a 3 day period. The idea is eventually you should be able to start peicing together the connections between each characters stories and how they effect the other characters. Then there's the sight-jacking feature which is probably the scariest part of the game. You have to look through your enemy zombies eyes and other characters in order to figure out how to use blindspots to avoid them or when they are ready to attack.

Oh yeah, remember the S-Force 3D sound in Silent HIll 2? It's back in this game.

If it keeps getting better I might just have to say its one of my favs so far this year. Other than that, though, I couldn't tell you right now.

Look for a review on the main page for this game coming soon. I'm not sure who's been doing it, though. I would think it would be right up Harry's alley.

_RED_ stuff

Infernal Mass
Apr 29th, 2004, 05:41 AM
http://forums.ps2fantasy.com/showthread.php?t=6842

Redpyramidhead
Apr 30th, 2004, 11:38 PM
My bad. I had forgotten about that thread. If the mods could take my post and tag it onto the end of the original thread that would be great. Also, I just noticed... I think the "forbidden siren" thread is about the same game. Apparently, that is what it is called outside north america? Maybe all three threads could be combined.

_RED_ stuff

Berserker
May 4th, 2004, 01:16 AM
My bad. I had forgotten about that thread. If the mods could take my post and tag it onto the end of the original thread that would be great. Also, I just noticed... I think the "forbidden siren" thread is about the same game. Apparently, that is what it is called outside north america? Maybe all three threads could be combined.

_RED_ stuff

In europe it's called forbidden siren, BTW how far are you in the game now Red I haven't had the change to play it a lot but I'm finding it quite challenging.