PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got any tips for beating Vamp?

Dark Angel
Mar 10th, 2002, 03:45 PM
I've just done the swimming bit and now I gotta fight Vamp. I keep falling in the water or he well kills me :) can someone help me out? oh and how far am i into the game?

Mercury Shadow
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:50 PM
I really don't understand why everyone is having a hard time with Vamp, I though Fatman was 10x harder! But anyways, he isn't as easy as Olga... First of all, get your favorite automatic weapon, whichever has the most ammo, and then shoot out the lights up top (I didn't do that, but everyone says it's good), and you should always shoot him will he's swimming in the water or throw grenades in the water. Just be on your guard and don't get too close to the water.

Hadoken
Mar 10th, 2002, 04:53 PM
ok, in order to not fall into the water and die... just dont run and fall into the water! i dont think it could be put any easier than that. or just stick near the corners.
if vamp begins to throw his knives, just run. and if he does his shadow trapping, just also run. and if he walks around and then chases you like a maniac, just run and when you see him pounce towards you, have raiden flip while running, which should prevent you from getting hit. just make sure you dont flip into a corner. and when he goes into the water, use one of your rifles, or anything you can use to shoot him. but use your auto aiming button to aim at him while he`s underwater. when he gets into the clear, just shoot him some, which will damage him a bit.
dont attack him when he`s glowing, but if he`s walking while glowing, i heard you can punch him.
other than that, i guess you just need luck. what difficulty are you on?

Evil Parrot
Mar 11th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Or you could do what I did, just use the stinger and blast like crazy!

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 11th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Using gernades really helps that and your automatic. Those 2 and keeping your back to the door works nicely but you should still move around a little bit.

Dark Angel
Mar 11th, 2002, 02:41 PM
thanks a lot, i just blasted him with the grenades, damn those things do a lot of damage. and i completed it a few (well more than a few) hours after that. what an ending!