PDA

View Full Version : need help?

linkkiller31
Feb 27th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Ihave a lot of lame threads so how do i delete them. Like the ones just taking up space. Do i ask a mod to delete them?:peoples:

Vic Viper
Feb 27th, 2004, 03:47 PM
no dont delete them, just ask the mods to lock it.

linkkiller31
Feb 27th, 2004, 03:50 PM
thanks i'll do that.

Pu the Owl
Feb 27th, 2004, 04:10 PM
We disabled the "delete post/ thread" option for members. Report them to moderators, asking to delete or lock them, depending on the case.

Nelo Angelo
Feb 27th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Panuru

We disabled the "delete post/ thread" option for members. Report them to moderators, asking to delete or lock them, depending on the case.

Just curious, but why?

Vicious_2003
Feb 27th, 2004, 08:13 PM
My guess is its because some ppl in the past may have gone back and deleted certain posts that may have been somewhat incriminating (In arguments/disagreements in such, or when someone has said something sexist/racist/harrasing) . Thats why I would do it ayway, the mods may have had other inspiration for doing so

Rei
Feb 28th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

My guess is its because some ppl in the past may have gone back and deleted certain posts that may have been somewhat incriminating (In arguments/disagreements in such, or when someone has said something sexist/racist/harrasing) . Thats why I would do it ayway, the mods may have had other inspiration for doing so

I wouldn't say "incriminating" only. I remember this matter being discussed ages ago in the Administration forum, but since it wasn't considered a problem at that time, we didn't do anything. More recently, regarding few specifical members, but sometimes also isolated cases, some people from the boards contacted mods saying they were bothered by the fact there were lots of deleted posts or threads when they had interest in replying to them, during certain discussions where a post was necessary to understand all the later replies, after mods themselves entered a discussion, or just to apparently mess the thread up and make it unreadable or not easy to understand for others.