PDA

View Full Version : Maximo vs. Army of Zin and Baldurs Gate 2? Anybody try em yet?

goodman
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:31 PM
Just curious, these two slipped through my microscope without even a blip on the screen. Both got pretty good reviews, though, so what say Ye??? Rental, i expect, i rented both of the originals, very fun, will try and catch em on a rent one get one free deal maybe...

Beretta55
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:33 PM
I got maximo: army of zin for my birthday and its pretty good. If it warrents a buy or not thats up to you, i think it does though. It's alot harder then the first one and there is no world travleing anymore. you just go in a straight line all the way to an end. And this is a personal gripe of mine in the first one you DONT have to pay 100 koins for a save point anymore which i think is extremely welcome.

Daedaelus
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55
there is no world travleing anymore. you just go in a straight line all the way to an end.

So linear gameplay is a good thing? :sarcasm:

I liked the first one more than this. The only thing better about Army of Zin is the increase in difficulty. I beat the entire first game without ever once being in danger of dying. Definetly worth the $5 rental fee.

I haven't tried Baldurs Gate 2 yet, as midterms are coming up. =(

Beretta55
Feb 24th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by Daedaelus

So linear gameplay is a good thing? :sarcasm:

I liked the first one more than this. The only thing better about Army of Zin is the increase in difficulty. I beat the entire first game without ever once being in danger of dying. Definetly worth the $5 rental fee.

I haven't tried Baldurs Gate 2 yet, as midterms are coming up. =(
Did i say it was exactly a good thing? :sarcasm:

I liked the world traveling but the paying 100 koins for it and saving really was a pain in the ass. I much would of perfered it to return but it didnt, doesnt make maximo army of zin any less of an enjoyable game.

Dactrius
Feb 24th, 2004, 05:31 AM
By Baldurs Gate 2 I assume you mean 'Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance 2'. I bought it the day it came out for XBox, and it didn't live up to the original really. The graphics were good (like the first) and there is a good range of characters, but it's just too short and kind of linear. I played it through cooperatively with a friend (arguably its' best feature) and we had it done in about 6 - 8 hours. It's got quite a bit of replayability as there are two secret characters and quests specific to each class, as well as randomly-placed items and the ability to craft your own.

It's worth a rent at most, or if it's your thing wait until it goes budget and buy it then to play with a friend.

goodman
Feb 24th, 2004, 07:27 AM
Yeah BGDA2 is what i was referring to. Well, that pretty much sums up what i was figuring, both games were good rentals the first time, and are good to average rentals the next time around. Blockbuster hasnt been sending out any rent one get one free offers lately, but when they do i will make a video store run...

Daedaelus
Feb 24th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Beretta55

Did i say it was exactly a good thing? :sarcasm:

I liked the world traveling but the paying 100 koins for it and saving really was a pain in the ass. I much would of perfered it to return but it didnt, doesnt make maximo army of zin any less of an enjoyable game.

It was the way you posted.... I misread what you were trying to say. Heh...

Beretta55
Feb 24th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Daedaelus

It was the way you posted.... I misread what you were trying to say. Heh...
Ah no worries man im not offended or anything:)

On that other game Baldurs Gate 2 i have never played those games medevial really isnt my thing, but if theres nothing at blockbuster this week i might check it out.

goodman
Jul 28th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Aha! Baldurs Gate 2 is very good, much like the first. Ive got it on a 7 day rent and it looks to be keeping me busy over the next month. If you played the first, and liked it, check this one out, its a cant miss...

Dactrius
Jul 28th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I thought the exact same as you when I first got it and as I was playing through it I still felt that way, but by the end the game feels a little diluted. But I'm with you when talking to fans of the genre it is a can't miss. I'll definately go back to it.

goodman
Aug 3rd, 2004, 07:23 PM
It doesnt look like im going to beat the game within my seven day rental period, its noticeably longer than the original game, and i must say ive enjoyed it thoroughly, even more than the original. If anybody wants to toss their copy my way im happy to buy it from them. Im looking on different videogame sites, if i dont buy it i will rent it and Omnimusha 3 sometime this fall and finish both, on a rent two get one free deal.........

goodman
Aug 8th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Aha~ bought it on Ebay on Friday, should be here by early next week. Im this impressed with BDGA2, think its a very worthwhile endeavour......

goodman
Aug 25th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Wahoo! This game totally rocks! Im so impressed, and its so much longer than the original. No wonder it still sells for $35 on Ebay, its worth that and more. This game would go under a "must buy" category for me. I still have probably another few days of playing to go, if you want great bang for the buck, its all here!