PDA

View Full Version : first KILLZONE footage !!

Vic Viper
Feb 19th, 2004, 12:42 PM
check it out here (http://www.psxnation.com/movies/kill1.wmv)

Berserker
Feb 20th, 2004, 02:06 AM
This game looks beautiful, also check out the links to movies I put up in this thread(Ithink nobody has seen them yet).
check the last post (http://forums.ps2fantasy.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6221)

I was hoping for some time for a red faction 3 , but this will do fine;)
But in this movie the AI looks somewhat dodgy....but we'll just have to wait and see.

kupoartist
Feb 20th, 2004, 06:01 AM
it looked good enough... not perfect though. As said, the AI is severely lacking... unless getting shot in the face and turning around as if the person who shot you isn't there is normal human behaviour ^_^

Also, the much celebrated Havoc physics looked a bit toned down when in comparrison to what it looked like in the Half-Life 2 demo... textures are bland as well, but i wasn't exactly expecting extreme detail.

The animations are great though. The FPS gun arm looks brilliant, I like the way the player replaces the grenade after launching one at the enemy - very swish... on the other hand though, the enemies seem to waddle rather than run, and that sequence where the fighters zoom over head looked very juddery...

Its promising at least though :)

Vicious_2003
Feb 20th, 2004, 01:31 PM
it looked good enough... not perfect though. As said, the AI is severely lacking... unless getting shot in the face and turning around as if the person who shot you isn't there is normal human behaviour ^_^

My thoughts exactly. I am none too impressed with the videos. But then again..they are early vids so its hard to judge by them. Ill certainly be keeping an eye open for this one in weeks to come.

Infernal Mass
Feb 20th, 2004, 03:36 PM
That looked pretty damn good for Ps2! Hey Vic, did you see the preview for God of War? there's a streaming vid and pics over at IGN, it's been in development over at Sony for 3 years!.:shock: looks like it too, that game looks excellent.

Killzone looks great, but i think they got some more work to do as far as the AI..

Vic Viper
Feb 20th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Infernal Mass

Hey Vic, did you see the preview for God of War? there's a streaming vid and pics over at IGN, it's been in development over at Sony for 3 years!.:shock: looks like it too, that game looks excellent.

wow, just saw it, and i agree with you the game looks excellent. ill definately keeping my eye on this one. thanks for the heads up.;)

MakgSnake
Mar 6th, 2004, 09:15 PM
I am not exactly looking forward for this game, as it wont have Vehicles to control. So IT CANNOT go against HALO at all......! But its looks ok. PS2 needs some good FPS and I guess, a game like this would help its library.

I still think, this game looks and feels like a RED FACTION game.

Berserker
Mar 8th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake
I still think, this game looks and feels like a RED FACTION game

I hope so, I hope so:laugh:

Vic Viper
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:24 PM
the official Killzone website (http://www.killzoneps2.com/ ) just opened.

check it out.;)

kupoartist
Apr 2nd, 2004, 03:32 PM
Eap! War is Coming! Thats not good... war is bad!

Though seriously, I really am none the wiser.... it looked like a recruitment video for the Hitler Youth to me... (though its a sort of back to FPS roots thing, shooting facists. HALT!)