PDA

View Full Version : Armored Core: Nexus

AC Master
Feb 13th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Has anyone heard anything new about the next AC game. It's called Nexus and looks to be the sweetest AC game yet. If anyone has info on the new and upcoming, let us all know about it.

Dactrius
Feb 13th, 2004, 07:08 PM
I'm a HUGE Armored Core fan so I was naturally shocked to come across this thread. I did a bit of searching and here's what I found out:

The game will feature two disks titled either 'Past' and 'Future' or 'Evoltion' and 'Revolution'. 'Past' will contain a selection of missions from the previous instalments of the series, whereas 'Future' will house an entirely new game. Armored Core: Nexus is also rumoured to include online play using the PS2's network adaptor. (Sorry XBox owners (me included) there's no live support here).

Below is a link to Gamespot where they have 10 screenshots available. It doesn't look to disimilar to Armored Core 3, but any AC is better than no AC, right?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/armoredcorenexus/screenindex.html

AC Master
Feb 14th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Alright, this gam looks flat out sweet. I'm getting it the day it comes out. You have to admit, you can only play ACSL for so many hours before the Arena opponents get easy and or predictable.
It's cool to find another AC die hard on the forums. Thanks for the link.

Dactrius
Feb 14th, 2004, 04:20 PM
No problem. Yeah I find that the arena opponents can get pretty predictable and it's very easy to manipulate them into doing stupid things. I found that the arena AC's were easier in AC3 than AC2 for some reason. Talk about taking a step backwards...

Good to see the Karasawa Laser rifle is making a comeback. *Crosses fingers for moonlght blade*

AC Master
Feb 15th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I find the Karasawa to be a very cheap gun. It has a very high attack power, and yet its rate of fire is high. It's a good thing they made it so heavy in AC3. At least that keeps most people away from it. Although, it is the Halmark gun of the entire AC series, so I can't bash it too much.

I'm not much of a blader (more of a missle arms type of guy myself) but I have to admit though, the moonlight blade is pimp and I hope it is coming back.