PDA

View Full Version : how do I become a moderator.

linkkiller31
Feb 6th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Hey i was wondering how long do you have to wait to become a moderator. Id like to become one
Linkkiller31:phew:

Nelo Angelo
Feb 6th, 2004, 05:03 PM
1. Die and come back to life.

2. Get biten in the neck by a vampire.

3. You make love to a dumby. n_n

4. You will now be a level 1 mod!

:D

Daedaelus
Feb 7th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Only on step:

1. Don't ask. That's it.

Just participate in the communitty, help out the n00bs, visit the forum actively. The staff will notice you. :)

Virtualeclipse
Feb 8th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Lol its not that easy. People have been here for 2 years and are not mods. So dont expect anything... well take Daedaelus advice

Pu the Owl
Feb 8th, 2004, 04:08 PM
We can't make anybody moderator. So, if you become a regular member, if you show you are a responsible person and if the staff is in need of new mods, then there's some possibility to become a mod. But really, we only ask to older members in very particular circumstances, so just enjoy the place without thinking about this for now ;)

kupoartist
Feb 9th, 2004, 04:11 PM
the "rules" for becomming a moderator in anything but a small place are unwritten and pretty much universal.

Its important to be friendly to everyone (a person who is constantly bitching at regular members but being unbelivably nice to the moderators will get a reputation as a suck-up to everybody). Then its important to have a genuine interest in the topic of the forum you'd like to mod in (for instance, it'd be pointless to mod the MGS forum if you don't actually give a damn about the series) and an inclination for helping people (mod powers aren't just for fiddling with people posts!).
Then its important to be around often, and get noticed among everybody around you. Its also down to luck a little... I'm only moderator for the FF forum because Soul Angel doesn't get the oportunity to visit quite so much anymore...

Oh, and its important to eat your vegetables - especially carrots. The best Moderator is one who can see well in the dark and make decent choices about what is suitable and unsuitable in a forum.

RobHardo
Feb 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
here is the easiest way to be a mod.

make your own board
make a new account
take your adm account and make your other account a mod

its that simple