PDA

View Full Version : Sims Bustin' Out: Phone Call Threats/Warnings...Help!

merylsilverburg
Feb 1st, 2004, 09:09 AM
Hey you guys. I'm not sure how many are playing "The Sims Bustin' Out", but I have a question that I really need the answer or some help on. *maybe SPOILERS ahead*

For those who have reached the final level (Malcom's Mansion), you're at Level 10 in your career, you should have 9 or 9+ friends and everything is going well. As for me, a month (approximately) after I moved in to the mansion, I began receiving creepy phone calls in the middle of the night, which sounds a lot like warnings. For example:

Night 1: I received a phone call from my "psychic advisor" that told me I should be careful about telling people my secrets because people are untrusting now.
*I disregarded this phone call and didn't pay too much attention to it. A lot of people visit my mansion and I always try to greet them. After I received this call, Vaugn dropped by and I talked with him, not caring about the warning.*

Night 2: A couple of days later, in the middle of the night, I received a call that said: "You've been chosen. They're coming soon"
*At this point, I started feeling uneasy and a bit disturbed. I had no idea what this message meant.*

Night 3, couple days later: This final message was this: "The dropoff has been paid. You've been warned"

After this, I started freaking out...I interpreted these calls as warnings saying that maybe the gang/mafia (which is a Career option in this game) is coming to get me? I know it sounds stupid as hell, but why would I be getting these calls then? I did do some things wrong: I lost contact with a couple of friends but never made any enemies, I moved out of all the houses without completing the final goal (except for my Mom's...I didn't know how to complete the others at the time), I paid my bills late sometimes, I skipped work to take care of the other tasks but that's about it.

So, I moved back into my Mother's house and removed all the windows and set burglar alarms at every door. Now, I don't know what to do...I've been robbed once at the Tinsel Bluffs estate, but that's about it.

Sorry for this long post; I know it's stupid to be disturbed at something like this, but I gotta know. Has anyone else received these phone calls? What do they mean?

Thanks in advance!

Beretta55
Feb 1st, 2004, 09:55 AM
I havent got that far (im still at the gym in my carrer which i forgot what it was since i havent played bustin out in awhile) but i get those creepy messages all the time. I usally get the one about dont trust people as much but i keep greeting people and making friends all the time and nothing has happened. I think its something they implented in the game just for fun since most of those messages i got never really happened its always been the same.

oh i havent been any help have i?,sorry:laugh:

merylsilverburg
Feb 1st, 2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Beretta55

I havent got that far (im still at the gym in my carrer which i forgot what it was since i havent played bustin out in awhile) but i get those creepy messages all the time. I usally get the one about dont trust people as much but i keep greeting people and making friends all the time and nothing has happened. I think its something they implented in the game just for fun since most of those messages i got never really happened its always been the same.

oh i havent been any help have i?,sorry:laugh:

No, no you've been plenty of help! I just needed to know if these phone calls actually take place or if the scenarios really happen. But if they don't, then I don't have to worry. Now I feel stupid for being so paranoid. *goes to remove the burglar alarms* :right:

Billyum7
Jun 30th, 2004, 05:58 PM
yea dude im just at the pentagon place or w/e and i get call from spritual advisor all the time i got 1 that said dont go outside i did nothing happened.. ive been robbed 4 times in that place i hate it lol.. how do u get the hackers?

xotreeox
Jul 8th, 2004, 02:32 AM
whenever i recieved the call "the drop off has been made" it usually meant my bills were there...but thats just me, but that could be it

blondie_2004_1
Aug 4th, 2004, 08:51 AM
[B]im really really stuck on that mimi house task do you have to get a job to complete sum of the tasks please help me im stuck and im gettin bored now not knowin wot to do :scream: :yawn:

Billyum7
Sep 30th, 2004, 09:06 PM
ya u have to get promoted to pass on i dont remember mimis house but ya u need a job to get to new house