PDA

View Full Version : Is it normal for the PS2 to do this?

Yuna
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Heya, we just bought a PS2 for Christmas, and we were going to put a modchip into it. Ever since we done that, though, not one game works on it. It just shows the beginning FMV of the game, but you can't do anything (as if your joystick is frozen). At first the company to whom we sent it to put a chip in it said that it was because of Fed-Ex rough handling, but we sent it to them again (everytime we did, btw, they said it worked fine?), got it back and it still didn't work.
What is going on here? :peoples:

Hadoken
Mar 9th, 2002, 06:31 AM
what kind of chip was it? external, internal? did you sodder/weld anything into your ps2?
I dont think it could be from fed-ex`s handling of the item.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 10th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Mod-chip naturally will cause some problems do to the fact that they arent originally part of the ps2 hardware.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 12th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Maybe some of your games are just not compatable with that mod chip.

x157anz
Mar 12th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Alot of my m8s have theres chipped , and they sent it away ,but had no problem :roll:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 18th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Its gotta be in compatible games like neo said.

Macceh^
Mar 25th, 2002, 06:15 AM
yeh on my mates old psone it did that played fmv then stopepd its the games not being compatible surely.

Yuna
Apr 20th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Okay, I solved the problem! It was the console that for some reason, didn't work. We got a new one and it works fine now. Yet, we bought Chocobo racing (o_O), and we were able to play it, but like, after a week or 2, it just wouldn't work anymore. Also, we bought a PAL game, and that never worked from the beginning (while some other PALs do work). What is going on here? :disturb:

Soul Angel
Apr 20th, 2002, 07:22 AM
I don't own a chipped PS2, but I do have a PAL version one and I think that there are some PSX games which won't work on the PS2. But if it is PS2 PAL games which aren't working then I'm not sure?
Btw what was the PAL game which you brought, which doesn't work? :confused:

ToxicUK
Apr 30th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Some PS1 PAL games are NOT compatible.