PDA

View Full Version : Original Metal Gear Remakes for PS2?!

Vulcan Raven
Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:54 PM
Well i've been playing the other MGS' lately..well alot and wondering...since they've done a MGS remake on GC, why dont they re-make the Original NES and MSX Metal Gears for PS2? Zanzibar Land? Outer Heaven? Fighting Gray Fox in hand to hand combat on a mine feild?? even fighting Big Boss?? now that would be VERY VERY cool. that should be Kojjimas next project...forget ZOE3 or MGS4..(well i still want mgs4 of course) but Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Snakes Revenge
/Solid Snake.

But since Hideos got roots with Nintendo going way back since the first Metal Gears on the NES console...thats why hes got back together with Nintendo for a MGS remake....so i hope he dosent remake those on PS2 as well!!!! aggh that would drive me insane!

And i reckon MGS:TTS would have been better on the PS2 because of graphics limitations on GC. Oh well its done now but...

Bring on the MG Remakes!!

What do you guys and gals think about that? do you reckon it'd be cool? can considering that Kojjimas been on a roll here doing remakes and Prequels..maybe hes got that on his mind...i sure hope so!

Later....

~Grim Reaper~

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 26th, 2004, 02:46 AM
I personally don't see any MG remakes for this generation of consoles. We might see them on the next generation.

Vulcan Raven
Jan 26th, 2004, 09:57 PM
yeah, thats a fair estimate!

thats reason enough alone to buy a PS3!!

Daedaelus
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper
thats reason enough alone to buy a PS3!!

As opposed to the various other reasons not to buy a PS3? ;)

Back on topic: I don't think an MGS remake on PS2 would sell very well. With Snake Eater coming out later this year (we all hope), who would buy MGS? Perhaps if a triple-pack was created... :ghost:

Vulcan Raven
Jan 28th, 2004, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Iguana

As opposed to the various other reasons not to buy a PS3? ;)

Back on topic: I don't think an MGS remake on PS2 would sell very well. With Snake Eater coming out later this year (we all hope), who would buy MGS? Perhaps if a triple-pack was created... :ghost:

Yeah. that would be cool...but wouldnt happen. (triple pack)

And people who havnt played the old series would be able to play it in next gen graphics. Im sure that would be cool.

And yeah of course! yes everyones gonna wanna get a PS3..jeez i can already see the price tag! (it'll b worth it though!)

~Grim~

-PSX-
Jan 30th, 2004, 06:22 PM
He may do what FF1/2 was done wirth.. only on PS3 format.. now that WOULD BE WORTH BUYING

Vulcan Raven
Jan 31st, 2004, 10:01 PM
Hell Yeah! Remakes rule man!!!..except the mario remakes on GBA are just boring...they need to come up with another ORIGINAL mario title! well they'll have to soon..theyre running out of re-makes to remake!!!

Daedaelus
Feb 1st, 2004, 03:53 AM
Remakes are boring, retarded, pieces of shit that should be banned from the videogame commune for all eternity, never to be looked at again, lest we want our children's eyes to brun! I hate remakes, its like a developer slapping me in the face by saying, "Here, we were too lazy to create something new, so we just made a half-assed port of an older game, take it, or make your own game!"

-PSX-
Feb 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Yea but it depends on the qualitry of both the original and remake and whether many things have been remade and whether it suits people cos they have only that console etc.

kupoartist
Feb 5th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by -PSX-
He may do what FF1/2 was done wirth.. only on PS3 format.. now that WOULD BE WORTH BUYING
they didn't do so much to the FF1 and 2: they just totally re-did the sprites (and the PSX FF Origins is just a port of the Wonderswan Color games released a few years before). What I think everyone wants to see is the Metal Gear series translated to Metal Gear Solid perspective - 3D third person sneaking, rather than over head 2D sneaking.

Originally posted by Vulcan Raven
And i reckon MGS:TTS would have been better on the PS2 because of graphics limitations on GC. Oh well its done now but...
Actually, as far as I'm aware, there are NO graphical limitations to the Gamecube: its "inferiority" lies in its smaller disc capacity. This back of the woods site (http://www.frontiernet.net/~hphansen/consolechartgreen.html) suggests that the Gamecube is far more capable than the PS2... and the screenshots i've seen so far don't seem to betray that.

Oh, and I think Kojima offically disregards Snake's Revenge as part of the MGS storyline: its lacking from all the timelines in the later games, isn't it?

merylsilverburg
Feb 8th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by kupoartist

Oh, and I think Kojima offically disregards Snake's Revenge as part of the MGS storyline: its lacking from all the timelines in the later games, isn't it?

Not only that but "Snake's Revenge" is also considered a disgrace since it basically mocks the MGS series.

Anyway, I think remakes would be nice, but I would prefer to play the classic games in its original graphics. I wish I could play them too since I never got to.

Vulcan Raven
Feb 10th, 2004, 11:43 PM
Meryl...heres an idea....

Although I DO NOT CONDONE THIS!

Download a NES emulator and the MG1 and MG2 ROMs and play them.....its legal to download a rom and keep it for 24 hours them discard it (according to Zophars Domain..) ALTHOUGH I REPEAT! i do not condone downloading these.

I dont have do worry about that since I HAVE A NES AND MG1 and MG2 and a few FF's!!!!!!!! (not boasting..)

~Vulcan Raven~ (Formerly Grim_Reaper)

merylsilverburg
Feb 11th, 2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Vulcan Raven

Meryl...heres an idea....

Although I DO NOT CONDONE THIS!

Download a NES emulator and the MG1 and MG2 ROMs and play them.....its legal to download a rom and keep it for 24 hours them discard it (according to Zophars Domain..) ALTHOUGH I REPEAT! i do not condone downloading these.

I dont have do worry about that since I HAVE A NES AND MG1 and MG2 and a few FF's!!!!!!!! (not boasting..)

~Vulcan Raven~ (Formerly Grim_Reaper)

Eh, I really don't like to download anything really...especially since I have no idea what an emulator is. :P I much rather have a NES and just play them legally. :laugh: But thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 12th, 2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Eh, I really don't like to download anything really...especially since I have no idea what an emulator is. :P I much rather have a NES and just play them legally. :laugh: But thanks for the suggestion. ;)

Yeah you can get both games at Ebgames for like 24 bucks together. Kinda of a bad deal for MG games but atleast there available.

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

Yeah you can get both games at Ebgames for like 24 bucks together. Kinda of a bad deal for MG games but atleast there available.

Ah, that'd be great...if I had an NES. *gets shot* Yeah, I don't have one...only because my parents wouldn't allow me to get one when I was a kid, so I basically grew up with nothing until Playstation...:heh:

kupoartist
Feb 14th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Ah, that'd be great...if I had an NES. *gets shot* Yeah, I don't have one...only because my parents wouldn't allow me to get one when I was a kid, so I basically grew up with nothing until Playstation...:heh:
you could try getting a NES second hand... not sure where from exactly, but Ebay may have one... Car-boot sales are often a haven for second-hand electronics, so long as you US peoples have them!

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it insufficent to have a NES, as Metal Gear 2: Soild Snake was only released on the MSX, whilst the NES got the craptacular Snake's Revenge? and then I heard that the ending was changed on the US NES cart so that Big Boss wasn't the bad guy or something stupid...

Also, isn't there a Japanese Gamecube bundle with a GC, MGS:TS, and the Original Metal Gear (for Gamecube) being released? I'd give that a chance of getting to the states if you really wanted to play.... if not, well... theres always the 3 seconds of footage from that game in the Colonel's psychosis near the end of MGS2 :laugh:

merylsilverburg
Feb 14th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by kupoartist

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it insufficent to have a NES, as Metal Gear 2: Soild Snake was only released on the MSX, whilst the NES got the craptacular Snake's Revenge? and then I heard that the ending was changed on the US NES cart so that Big Boss wasn't the bad guy or something stupid...

Ah, I don't know...:right: If what you said is true, then I really wouldn't have to get an NES, right? :right: Boy, listen to my intelligent self. :laugh:

Also, isn't there a Japanese Gamecube bundle with a GC, MGS:TS, and the Original Metal Gear (for Gamecube) being released? I'd give that a chance of getting to the states if you really wanted to play.... if not, well... theres always the 3 seconds of footage from that game in the Colonel's psychosis near the end of MGS2 :laugh:

That's true...I do hope they decide to bring it to the States...if not, I'll just have to get me a JP GC and muddle my way through...not understanding the story and shooting blindly. :laugh: