PDA

View Full Version : Syphon Filter Omega Strain

XXAVIERR
Jan 22nd, 2004, 09:43 AM
Has anyone seen a release date on this game? Is anybody else looking forward to the first installment of this game on the PS2? As long as it's taken them to come out with this game, it should be worth buying......if you're a fan of the series.

tempted
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:31 PM
I'm not a big fan of the game but ..i think this may help you....Syphon Filter: Omega Strain Delayed
By David Smith
12/15/2003

Sony Bend's Syphon Filter: Omega Strain for PlayStation 2 has been delayed a few months into the future, Sony Computer Entertainment America announced today. The upcoming online installment in the popular counter-terrorism action series has moved from a reasonably firm February 2004 release to a somewhat hazier Spring 2004 timeframe.
Sony Bend and SCEA attributed the delay to the need to further test and balance the game. Omega Strain's level design, built as it is to accomodate the cooperative efforts of as many as four players working together online, naturally requires much more effort than that of its comparatively linear single-player predecessors.

The delay could range from one to three months, but in any event, it's not a very frightening prospect for players looking forward to the game. We'll have more on Omega Strain as it continues to come together.

Plus i saw in a game site that the game will be released on April 4...sorry but i don't remember the site's name..

XXAVIERR
Jan 22nd, 2004, 02:33 PM
Got it. Thanks for the info Eli.

Sid554
Jan 24th, 2004, 07:37 PM
I played the demo for this game that came with last month's OPM, and I have to say that the control in this game really sucks so far IMO. I found it difficult to do even the simplest things. Hopefully it will be improved by the time the game is released.