PDA

View Full Version : YEAH!! I Pre Ordered MGS3!! Its coming out late February!!

Vulcan Raven
Jan 14th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Oh My God! Im still recovering from this! I walked into my Local Gaming store today and there was a sign saying Metal gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Coming Late Feburary, Pre-Order NOW!

So I put $10 on it and im getting MGS3!!

What about in the states?? whens it coming out there??

And at another gaming store, I was told the release date was xmas 2004-early 2005!!

AHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAHH I JUST CANT F***ING WAIT!!!!

YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!

Jeez im about to freaking faint!!

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 14th, 2004, 10:48 PM
Thats news to me. I pretty damn sure it wasn't coming out till later. The only one I thought was coming out in the next couple of months was Twin Snakes.

Daedaelus
Jan 14th, 2004, 11:42 PM
You might as well just go ahead and faint. The ETA is November 1, 2004, and knowing Hideo Kojima, and how anal he gets about his game being perfect, that date will be pushed back into 2005. Our of curiosity, where in the world are you? As I knew it, games come to Japan, then USA, then Europe, then the rest of Asia, then Australia... :confused:

kupoartist
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Iguana
You might as well just go ahead and faint. The ETA is November 1, 2004, and knowing Hideo Kojima, and how anal he gets about his game being perfect, that date will be pushed back into 2005. Our of curiosity, where in the world are you? As I knew it, games come to Japan, then USA, then Europe, then the rest of Asia, then Australia... :confused:
Australia / New Zealand get console games at the same time as the European copies... plus or minus a week. I'm not totally sure about Asia in general, as I gather the releases are staggered a bit (I think Korea gets them pretty quick, and most of the TV / Electric standard are like the US/Japanese ones. Plus there are BIG piracy rings in asia). I seem to remember that Grim_Reaper is a "Southern Hemisphere European" ^_^

Regardless, i'll be very suprised if I see MGS3 on any (legit) shelf next month. Retailers know no more than we do when it comes to big games like this: check the website and draw your own conclusion from other "offical" materials.

-PSX-
Jan 15th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Hate to break your excitement Grim but I just cant see this happening because of Hideo's ways. ;) So I think you were just ripped off of 10

Vulcan Raven
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:00 PM
I am VERY VERY Confused. One Shop I was told that it was coming out xmas 2004-early 2005, then, i walk into my favourite
gaming Store, Central Park Interactive and there are signs and stuff all up saying "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Pre-Order NOW! Expected late feburary." And i put a Pre-Order Deposit on the game, $10, all I had on me.....and i know these guys at the store...and they cannot be bullshitting. And I asked them..is this a joke? YOU GOTTA BE SHITTING ME!

And I swear on Konamis and Hideos Graves that that is true and if i am lying, MGS3's release date will be December 31st, 2050.

Okay!!..i dunno whats going on with this!!

AAAAAHH this is driving me fucking crazy!

~Grim Reaper~

Vulcan Raven
Jan 15th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Affirmative, I just called up the store and yes, it is coming here in Late Feburary.

I said that on the internet peopre say the the release date for the states is Nov 1st and hes like...well its coming out Feburary so i dont know what they are on about. He said that tomorrow he will call up Sony New Zealand and ask them then call me and tell me what the story is....oh well....this is really pissing me off.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 16th, 2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper

Affirmative, I just called up the store and yes, it is coming here in Late Feburary.

I said that on the internet peopre say the the release date for the states is Nov 1st and hes like...well its coming out Feburary so i dont know what they are on about. He said that tomorrow he will call up Sony New Zealand and ask them then call me and tell me what the story is....oh well....this is really pissing me off.

Yeah I don't really know where they got this or that it is really coming out this earlier. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Vulcan Raven
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:31 AM
Yup. We Will Have to wait and see. And i talked on some NZ forums and they all said the same thing..yes the NZ release date is Late Feburary....so guys..i dont know.

Later..

~Grim_Reaper~

Vulcan Raven
Jan 16th, 2004, 05:20 AM
I Dont know how I can prove it to you!

well you could ring up Central Park Interactive on 0800 PLAY ME
(follow prompts then select which store you want to talk 2....Eastgate mall one.) and ask them (non NZers dont call unless ur willing to pay international call fees! unless u REALLy wanna find oout!....oor you could go on the MGS forums on Gameplanet Forums (http://www.gameplanet.co.nz) (click here for link thing) oor go to this NZ online games store and scroll down and look at the release date...LATE FEBURARY! I cant show u the actual Shop stuff but heres the online pre order thing...I ordered it from a shop..not online. ook heres the link

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/All/Action/5.html

Hope that helps a bit to help prove i was not lying...i will try dig up some more dirt on it in the meantime...

~Grim Reaper~

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 16th, 2004, 01:04 PM
They still haven't announced anything though on the large sites, its really making me wonder. Plus I never heard of that video games store before.

-PSX-
Jan 16th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Im sorry, Grim I just can't believe that that will happen. Its impossible to believe if only one store in the country is sayin it. Sorry but Im not too optimistic.

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:00 AM
What! I thought it was late 2004, febuary doint sound right to me for a United states release, I think they might do the same with MGS2, U.S. , round about christmas time, Europe, March 2005.

-PSX-
Jan 17th, 2004, 01:04 PM
umm dan the debate we were having was when it was coming out in NZ - Grim says hes getting it late february (but I wonder).

So got any new info today Grim?

Dark Angel
Jan 17th, 2004, 07:39 PM
The site I get my games from, www.gameplay.com, say the 29th October, though a few weeks ago, they also said March sometime, maybe the NZ site just hasn't updated the release date.

Infernal Mass
Jan 17th, 2004, 10:32 PM
this type of confusion happens with alot of high profile titles. The date's are never a sure thing..they can change at anytime. Most retailers update thier dates, there's always some that don't though until the last minute.

Vulcan Raven
Jan 18th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by -PSX-

umm dan the debate we were having was when it was coming out in NZ - Grim says hes getting it late february (but I wonder).

So got any new info today Grim?

Well I'm Just Saying that i didnt order it off this GPstore thing, i went into a shop and ordered it. AND SAW ON THE SHELF A LITTLE GAME BOX ON IT SAYING: mgs3 SNAKE EATER, PRE ORDER now! EXPECTED LATE FEBURARY!

and i went and looked around, there was pics and Posters and banners and stuff saying MGS3: Snake Eater pre order NOW!!....etc..

But on some Nz forums they were also saying this must be too good to be true! they think the release date will be pushed up to March..etc..August..but im just very confused!

and also you know how I said that the guy from the store would ring me back after they call SONY NZ to confirm..well he called back saying yes..it is to be expected in store in Late Feburary/Early March..so Dark Angel you may be right!

Oh Well, This whole thing has bought me REEALy high up and excited, then reeeal real low finding out it may be fake. then up again, then tumbling back down..being in doubt..then just standing there not knowing...but i reckon it will come in March. Thats my theory.

But hmm..jeez wasnt that just a whole load of crap?!

Later..

~Grim Reaper~

-PSX-
Jan 18th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper

Well I'm Just Saying that i didnt order it off this GPstore thing, i went into a shop and ordered it. AND SAW ON THE SHELF A LITTLE GAME BOX ON IT SAYING: mgs3 SNAKE EATER, PRE ORDER now! EXPECTED LATE FEBURARY!

and i went and looked around, there was pics and Posters and banners and stuff saying MGS3: Snake Eater pre order NOW!!....etc..

But on some Nz forums they were also saying this must be too good to be true! they think the release date will be pushed up to March..etc..August..but im just very confused!

and also you know how I said that the guy from the store would ring me back after they call SONY NZ to confirm..well he called back saying yes..it is to be expected in store in Late Feburary/Early March..so Dark Angel you may be right!

Oh Well, This whole thing has bought me REEALy high up and excited, then reeeal real low finding out it may be fake. then up again, then tumbling back down..being in doubt..then just standing there not knowing...but i reckon it will come in March. Thats my theory.

But hmm..jeez wasnt that just a whole load of crap?!

Later..

~Grim Reaper~

Woah... calm down, pop a chill pill. Nobodys saying literally that it wont come out February/march all I said was that I didn't quite see how this could be possible but then again Hideo may be playing games with the rest of the world, releaseit in Japan and then quickfire it to Autralia/NZ and then USA and europe. Thats my theory anyways.

Vulcan Raven
Jan 18th, 2004, 10:26 PM
Yup, thanks -PSX- i took my chill pill.

Im okay now!

but yeah. Maybe this was his plan all along! confuse people with stuff about Australia/NZ getting MGS3 and cause a bit of a stir.

Then release it before the scheduled date (in US etc..)

Well Well, Hideo is the master of trickery so this time maybe his doing it another way.

Well I'll just have to wait and see wont I. When it comes to the time that my order is supposed to come in and if i Do get it, i'll post on here and tell you right away! then later on when i can get ahold of a digital camera (ours is.. to put it bluntly.... fucked) i'll take a pic of the box, the game booklet, and some screenshots of me playing the game or something.

Only then can we truly know.

~Grim Reaper~