PDA

View Full Version : Characters to be in...

MakgSnake
Dec 19th, 2003, 02:19 PM
No.....I havn't got the list of the characters that are going to be in the game. I think we might get to know some in the upcoming E3 in may. Till then....

I would like to ask you people who would be in the game and who wouldn't. Just a guessing game and.......ofcourse with some logical reasons. (Possible Spoilers from previous games)

We do know.......one of them is there for sure....

1.) Big Boss: Seen in the trailer.....(fingers crossed)

2.) Younger version of Ocelot: He just could be there.....seeing he goes long way back......what do you people think?

3.) Frank A.K.A Grey Fox: Ok he is as old as Solid Snake, but we dont know for sure. He just could be in it..........the real him "Frank".

4.) Royal Cambell: I have a feeling he might be in it as a young soldier during the 60's.

5.) Jim Houseman: I dont know why......but Kojima just might put this secretary of defence in the past history of MGS too. Who knows.

6.) Sniper Wolf: She is older then we think she is.........and she also mentions Big Boss as "Saladin" in MGS1 right before Snake shoots her. .... Common she is Big Boss's lover. She just might be in Snake Eater.

7.) Solid Snake: Not in the 60's but if the story takes place 20 years from that. He would be in it......

Ok these are my assumptions........you people can implement on it. I'll think of any more characters that might be in it. And post back later.

kupoartist
Dec 19th, 2003, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure about his age, but Psycho Mantis was a KGB agent and perhaps connected with Soviet Russia (which presumably has something to do with the Hammer's and Sickles we're seeing a lot of :) ). So perhaps he could be there (though I suspect he's fairly young in MGS1, they could have his relations or something).

MakgSnake
Dec 19th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Hmmm.....thats true......you are right. I think he just might be there............ who knows Big Boss comes across the village where Mantis use to live with his dad, that he burned down later. ........ intresting.

But I believe if Mantis will be there.....he would be in his normal human form. ........ I would kinda like to see that too.

dan da man
Dec 21st, 2003, 01:48 PM
I doubt Sniperwolf or frank will be in MGS3, there might be a ninja in there but that guy is like old as solid snake so he cant be alive in the 60s.

Sniperwolf, nah she dont look that old man, ah but in the trailer there was some wolfs chasing snake, so maybe.

Solid sankes clone Liquid should make a show up but not acctually him just a "other" clone.

Vulcan Raven
Dec 22nd, 2003, 02:02 AM
Well Big Boss' Codename could also have been snake so....at the start of the game we could be lead on to think it is Solid Snake (from previous games) but then find out it is Big Boss After all!

Dark Angel
Dec 22nd, 2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper
at the start of the game we could be lead on to think it is Solid Snake (from previous games) but then find out it is Big Boss After all!

Ok, I don't mind being misled, but that would just be mean!!!

dan da man
Dec 23rd, 2003, 03:50 PM
Would be a good twist but afterall MGS is like that.

Vulcan Raven
Dec 25th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Yeah just like in the E3 trailers for MGS2 it had Snake running round the Big Shell. and it made it look like Solidus snake was Solid Snake and Snake was dead. (after tanker incident) and Raiden came in with the mask Codenamed: SNAKE but then changed to raiden..but all of that is just Kojjimas style, putting in a little suspense and mystery.....

whatever happens, Can't Wait!

http://www.game-revolution.com/games/sony/action/metal_gear_solid3.jpg
Will it be the Solid Snake?http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/569/images/big_boss.jpg or Big Boss?

Or Both?!

MakgSnake
Dec 31st, 2003, 08:50 PM
I dont know what people say or assume. I would stick with my idea......that 50% of the game will take place in the 60's and 50% in the present time...... something like that.

I mean.....we play as Big Boss for about half of the game, and then......play as Solid Snake, and then FIGHT BIG BOSS. Something like that. I KNOW Big Boss is dead but so are The Patriots. ........ So as much as it sounds all crazy.....it all makes certain sense. Just my opinion.

But then.....I wouldn't wanna guess or think alot of the story. Because when I PLAY SNAKE EATER. I wanna be completed washed. So when something happens.....I'll be like :shock: and all. Like that its more fun when you dont know whats happening.

Sniper Wolf called Big Boss "SALADIN" in MGS1......so I can assume that Big Boss's......... code name could be "Saladin Snake". ............ and so thats why....I think we would see a 18 year old Sniper Wolf in the game. Because Big Boss helped her out in the past............... thats what she mentioned in MGS1.

But how would "THE PATRIOTS" come into all of this. ........ Man I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Vulcan Raven
Dec 31st, 2003, 09:06 PM
Me too Makg, me too i CANT WAIT, I JUST CANT BEAR IT!!!!!!

and yeah, good suggestions about 'Saladin' and the Patriots and stuff..i was thinking that too!

-PSX-
Jan 12th, 2004, 02:02 PM
I think the idea of playing Big Boss is great and I would hope Hideo will let us - but hey we may be in for more revelations ;)

Vulcan Raven
Jan 13th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Well yes, Hideo IS the master of trickery.

and guess what?! ive just heard that over in NZ, we will have to wait until Xmas 2004-early 2005!!! Agggghh!

I just cant bear it!!

-PSX-
Jan 14th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Our release date in UK is at 31/12/04 :(

kupoartist
Jan 14th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by -PSX-

Our release date in UK is at 31/12/04 :(
that sounds an unlikely date... I mean, I don't think anyone ever publishes games on new-years eve (when few people shop), and the games release day isn't usually a friday (to the best my memory serves me... and i'm tired).

If its official, where did you get it from? If its from a retailer... well I used to actually believe the dates that retailers give for games, but the truth of the matter is that they don't know anymore about when a game is going to come out than you or I or anyone knows. When an online retailer like Amazon (and I notice that the amazon "release" date for MGS3 is the one you say) puts a date like that it, its just a place-holder, not to be taken literally. For instance, the Half-Life 2 release date was September 30th right up until Valve's late anouncement that the game had slipped "at least to christmas" - they had no insider knowledge, just the date quoted at E3.

-PSX-
Jan 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM
dang - busted. :bang:

But I thought amazon could be pretty well trusted - ill look deeper now!!

Vulcan Raven
Jan 14th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Amazon? Since when does amazon have the 'official' release dates of anything..if you want to know that kinda stuff, update on www.ign.com (http://www.ign.com) They normally have got alll that stuff.

And if I was Them (Hideo/Konami) I'd Release in line with come competition (eg: Halo 2, HL-2 etc...) or something like that. (SSSnake actually thought of that first but i believe its a good idea)

Ok, Im off.

~Grim_Reaper~

kupoartist
Jan 15th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Grim_Reaper
And if I was Them (Hideo/Konami) I'd Release in line with come competition (eg: Halo 2, HL-2 etc...) or something like that. (SSSnake actually thought of that first but i believe its a good idea)
surely its a bit silly to release big name titles at the same time? I mean, no matter whether you were the "winner" in terms of sales, you'd still take a hit from all of the people who decided on one of the other games. Few people want to buy 3 games at one time... there'd be no time to play them (and your enjoyment would of each would be rushed and fragmented), and it'd be dang expensive!

-PSX- Don't be discouraged from buying from amazon: All online and the majority of offline retailers do the same thing. If there is an offical release date, the game-news sites will cover it (yes, like IGN, though i have a certain aversion to faceless coorporations), but they have to keep a place holder of some kind, just like they have a MGS3 logo instead of the actual box-art.