PDA

View Full Version : Airport Security

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Okay, I don't know how many of you people are very sensitive about the Sept. 11 thing, so if you are, please don't read this thread then bash me off or anything. I'm just complaining about how retarded the airport security systems are. My sister told me about that guy who was going to a game in Georgia and since he was late for his flight, he just ran right through the security system. So, he was caught and he was forced to do 30 hours of volunteer work, pay a $1,000 fine, and he was forbidden to go to the Georgia stadium for 3 whole seasons. Okay, now.....isn't that a little extreme and bizarre? I mean, I understand about the whole security thing, but for God's sake, they aren't even responsible enough to take care of anything! For example, in Georgia, at one airport, they forgot to turn on the metal detectors, so 100 people passed through, and nothing happened, right? So, when the dumb-asses finally figured it out, they had to call all those 100 people back from the plane to go through the metal detector again! Hello?!!!??! That is the most annoyingest thing!!! Every stupid accessory is now considered a "weapon". A pin, a hair clip.....anything that has a sharp point is considered dangerous. Okay, and if you bring any of those things, they'll immediately confiscate it and probably fine you. How dumb is that? I understand that a pin is dangerous, because it can poke someone's eye out....but, I'm wearing this ring, which is my favorite one, which is flat and star shaped and one of the points is sticking out. If I go somewhere, they'll probably make some big friggin' deal over it. Damn! Now, because of all this crap, I can't go anywhere in the summer because I don't want to go through all that and the flights will be delayed more than EVER. Anyone else feels the same way I do?

IcyMourdor
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Airport security have tightened drastically to make sure that the incident doesn't happen again. I'm as patriotic as the next american, but I think people have to let go the tragedy of 9-11. A lot of people I know are still talking about it. It's been half a year already.

Cannibal Clown
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:37 PM
There isn't much I can say about this. I haven't been on a plane once in my entire life, but I do think that what you just said was vey bumb. Not you, but the airports. If I were that guy who was going to Georgia, I'd go to coart and force those f*cking guards to pay the fine and the tickets. Then I'd flip them off and tell em to shuv their damn security badges up their asses.

To go to the extreme where people are afraid to go on planes, not because of terrorists, but because of the fear that you'd lose all of your personal freedom and perhaps face a sentencing for something you might accedently say or perhaps having a magazing with a wepons article in it would get you thrown in jail or pay a fine in just stupid. I'm not good at expressing my anger through words, especially when it comes to unfair or overblown law enforcement.

But I agree with everything you had to say. I do appreaciate the fact that they are tightning security, but when they pull off bull sh*t like that, iit just pisses me off.

Pu the Owl
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:38 PM
I think after what happened they're trying to look meticulous, failing in many cases :p
But I think in some coutries the security system of the airports was very meticulous also before Sept. 11. I had many experiences and in some cases I was shocked by controls over passengers and so on.
So, you're right: some cases are just ridiculous, but probably in many airports the security was a lot better than the one in the airports you're talking about, and that means now they don't have to be so silly about desperate controls and be a pain for passengers too.

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Yes! I'm not trying to be unsensitive or anything, because it truly was a tragic event on Sept. 11.....but I agree with you, Mourdor...some people just haven't let go of it yet. Yes, it was horrible, but we have to move on..in order to show that America is strong. I know some people who just stayed cooped up in their houses for weeks, missing school and all.....and they don't even have relatives or family in New York! :peoples: But, yeah...I'm really disappointed about the whole airport thing, 'cause I'm planning on going to Las Vegas for the summer with my family. It's really freaky too, because last summer, my family and I were deciding where to go: New York or Florida. We decided to go to Florida. At that time, we planned New York for next summer. But, now.....we decided to change plans and go to Las Vegas again (I LOVE Las Vegas!) And, once again, we changed plans because of the whole security thing. We just said, "Screw it, we're not going." And that's that.

talon101
Mar 7th, 2002, 09:29 PM
i wonder if skatebord trucks r considered dangorus if they r thats sux because im coming to america soon and a want to take my sk8board but im freaked that it will be taken that would really suc.would u posibly know if they would let it go?

007_JamesBond
Mar 8th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Airport security should have been tightened along time ago, although I dont really have any experiances with security, but talon I am sure that you could get your sk8board through security maybe

x157anz
Mar 8th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Most securaty is Poor. Especually Abroad !!
When you put your bags on the conveyor belt the guy that was meant to be waching in them for any weapons had a cup of tea and talking to his m8s.
I was like "HELLO!!!"

Has the beeper ever gone off on any one ?!!?! when you walk through it. It hasnt to me thank god :ghost: I allways hope it dosnt beep when i go through it . LOL

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Okay....that's pretty weird, x157anz....those guys should've been more responsible! Well.....the metal detector did go off on me only because I was wearing sandals with metal buckles on them. You should've seen them though. It started beeping and they were like, "Okay...*grunt*...step to the side please.." I was like, "Okaaay..." But this happened a few years ago so....

talon101
Mar 9th, 2002, 06:56 AM
that would probably be worse now

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Oh, of course it is. Unless, they're just like those dumb asses in Georgia.

Yuna
Mar 9th, 2002, 01:53 PM
:( If only stupid people didn't exist. people with drugs, weapons, terrorists and all...:(

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Hell yeah! Then I wouldn't have to worry about going on a trip and wondering," Hmmm.....should I pack a couple of pencils? Oh no....they might think I'll poke someone's eye out!" Sheesh...

Yuna
Mar 9th, 2002, 02:02 PM
Yeah...my dad once brought a pocket knife in his handbag (although I must admit that was a pretty stupid to do) and we nearly were late for our plane because of that. (Security) :disturb:

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Hmm...that was pretty silly of him (no offense). I'm pretty sure we'll have to more careful what we bring if any of us decide to go somewhere. No razors, nail clippers, filers (those metallic ones with the pointy end), no sewing repair kit....just basically nothing sharp or suspicious. Since all this crap is happening, I won't be able to go anywhere, and I'll be stuck at home watching my small town ride around in their tractors. :frust:

talon101
Mar 9th, 2002, 03:30 PM
all this stuff sux if ur goin on a holiday(which i am).im still scared because im not sure ill get through and we will be goin on alot of different airports so ive got more of a chanse

MakgSnake
Mar 9th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Well I Agree Security Has Increased, And It Annoys Me Too. But Its For People's Safety, But Thats Not What PISSES Me Off The Most.

ITS The ONE SIDED Security That Pisses Me Off!.!.! I Mean, For Example, If Ure Going To EAST Side Of The World...That Is From America Or Canada Ure Going To Japan, Pakistan, Or Any Other Country.....They Wont Be Strick With U With Security, BUT IF Ure GOING BACK To Canada/America, ..... They'll EVEN Take Ure Cloths Off To Check Its Perfectly, INSIDE OUT. And The Show Metal Detectors Are Only Used If Ure Going To American Or Canada, Not If Ure Going Anywhere Else. Why THIS One Sided Security.

There Are Terrorist Everywhere.......Not ONLY On The EAST But Also On The WEST!.! UFF!

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Oh man, Makg! That sucks! I feel sorry for you 'cause when you return to Canada, you'll have to go through all that! :( That's so STUPID! Why would they do that? :mad: I agree, there are also terrorists in the West, not just the East, so what's up? :frust:

BowevelJoe
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:20 PM
i believe they call it ignorace? :)

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by BowevelJoe
i believe they call it ignorace? :)

:laugh: True.