PDA

View Full Version : Recommended FPS games...

Piggle_humsy
Nov 20th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Ok I need your expert advice ppl.... My bro has a Ps2 and loves FPS games... What do you recommend I buy him 4 xmas?

I was gonna get him The Getaway but someone said it wasn't too good.. so Im asking u lot as of course you are all gaming gods! ;)

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Beretta55
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:01 PM
I suggest Time splitters 2 or the red faction seris both of those are some of the best fps i have played on my ps2. Then there is the medal of honor seris thats all i can think of at the momet i hope i helped :)

Vulcan Raven
Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:45 AM
Piggle, You will have to get him Medal of Honour: Frontline or the new MOH: Rising Sun, good quality FPS gaming.

Yeah a few other good games are Half- Life or Deus- Ex (although they are 10x better on PC...hmm im not sure what else..
Timesplitters 2 is wwaaay to easy to finish and...timesplitters 1 is really good in deathmatch multiplayer, but pretty average in Story Mode.

Soldier Of Fortune II: Double Helix..

i cant think of any others!

there ya go Piggle

~Tom the Grim Reaper~

pjb2006
Nov 30th, 2003, 11:53 PM
I suggest 007: Agent Under Fire, really good multiplayer, pretty good single player.

Berserker
Dec 1st, 2003, 04:37 AM
Unreal tournament, SOCOM, Red Faction 1, MOH or RTCW.

MakgSnake
Dec 1st, 2003, 03:32 PM
Just wanna mention this first....that "THE GETAWAY" is an amazing game. Its a WOW. Seriously.

As for FPS on PS2............. hmmm.......many people have already mentioned quite a few, but I'll repeat it.........

1.) Half-Life (A must have title - but a little hard to find now)
2.) Red Faction (Awesome game, for the price of it)
3.) Red Faction 2 (Excellent game too, if a little dull in the middle)
4.) Time Splitters 2 (Simply the best MULTI PLAYER game)
5.) SOCOM 2 (Not a FPS, but still a great game)
6.) Nightfire (The best BOND game right now in the market)

.......Theres more I suppose.

Berserker
Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:42 AM
5.) SOCOM 2 (Not a FPS, but still a great game)

You sure???

Uchiha Sasuke
Dec 2nd, 2003, 03:26 PM
Quake 3:Revolution

MakgSnake
Dec 2nd, 2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by beserker

You sure???
You talking about......it being an FPS. Well its not a FPS, it can be one, but thats not the way you should be playing. Its a Third Person Shooter. With First Person Option.

As for being a good game. Its a nice game. I wouldn't play SOCOM online........not that fun. THANKS TO THE CHEATERS.

But SOCOM 2..............I dont mind going online with that.

Berserker
Dec 4th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Its a Third Person Shooter. With First Person Option.

Oh yeah, that's right....sorry!

Quake 3:Revolution

Yeah, I like the level designs with all the pentagrams and devils.
But when I compare it with unreal tournament I think the gameplay is a bit less and I like the alternate fire option in unreal tournament better. What's your opinion if you compare the two...