PDA

View Full Version : red faction appreciation thread

Berserker
Nov 13th, 2003, 05:05 AM
This might sound like a strange thread, but I just wanted to spill this: What an excellent game red faction is, I picked it up for about 12 dollar and it totally rules. One of the best FPS experiences since Half-Life IMO. Great story, well balanced action some stealth some all-out blazing. Cool weapons, cool vehicles and excellent gameplay. I love that geo-mod thingy. And the multiplayer gameplay is excellent.
I also got red faction 2 for about 18 bucks, haven't played it sp yet. But I play it a lot on mp and the multi is one of the best around on the ps2 IMO.
When I finish RF 1 (any day now...) I'll begin with RF2.

Anyway all I wanna say is this if you see it lying around for a cheap price be sure to give it a try if FPS is your cup of tea, you won't be dissapointed.

Infernal Mass
Nov 13th, 2003, 01:49 PM
i owned it for about a year, pretty fun game. The second one wasn't as good though IMO. I thought the whole mars setting was really cool, they should've just stuck with the mines and stuff. Multiplayer was fun too..i used to blow holes in the wall and make a little aera i could fit into then just snipe people running around.

MakgSnake
Nov 13th, 2003, 02:28 PM
I love RED FACTION series. Part 1 was a blast and the second one ruled too.....and yes probably the best FPS on Ps2 right now.

The gameplay rocks for both, but on the RF2, the four player multiplayer, changes the look of your gun. I know its because PS2 cannot hold enough Polygons...but still. It kinda sucks.

I love both of them. Awesome games. Plus, you can play RF2 with a mouse and a keyboard. ...

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 13th, 2003, 08:54 PM
Agreed, Red Faction games are winners!!!

Berserker
Nov 14th, 2003, 03:35 AM
How are the chances of a RF 3?
I would love to see them upgrade the graphix a little and further explore the possibilities of geo-mod and such an excellent multiplayer is just begging for online play, right?
I agree Beetlejuice the mars setting gives the game a very cool ambiance, I love that industrial touch in games( just like Half-life IMO).

Sleazy P Martini
Nov 14th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Ah Red Faction........good times. I was a little disappointed in part 2 however. It didn't quite match the first one.

I would like to see it online someday........with full Geo Mod. That my friends, would rule. ;)