PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Mirror...

Pu the Owl
Nov 12th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Digital collage again. This is a sort of self-portrait - yes the "person" in the mirror is me. I had stored in the hard disk and only today I decided it was time to complete it. Laziness :right:

Rear-view Mirror (http://www.demigod.nu/images/mirror.jpg)

XXAVIERR
Nov 13th, 2003, 09:30 AM
Just a quick question Fortune. Has anybody besides yourself and the people in this forum seen/appreciated your work. You've got a great talent on your hands. I guess what I'm asking is, since you are such a good artist, have you gone public with any of your works.

MakgSnake
Nov 13th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Yeah I have to ask the same question, because you should Fortune. Seriously.

Thats another masterpiece. I can finally see my real self.

Pu the Owl
Nov 14th, 2003, 08:34 PM
What can I say? Thanks! I'm glad you like it, but it's not THAT professional looking to me. I still need to improve... :right:

kupoartist
Nov 15th, 2003, 04:46 AM
A nice concept, well executed. The Contents of the mirror are intriguing... even if I can't really see a face in there (the colours within deviate enough from those on the outside to make sure that its not too monotone).
And the mirror itself is a good choice too... ornate enough, but its sketchy enough to fit in with the impression that the world outside the mirror isn't as real as the one inside.

So yeah, it must be good. Because any good art can be discussed in weird ways the artists may have never thought of :laugh:

Gadzoox
Nov 16th, 2003, 10:49 PM
This is just too cool!! Nice and non-representational! This is ust awesome Fortune!!

Hylas
Nov 17th, 2003, 02:48 AM
This is very representative yet somewhat abstract. Nice colors and concept!

Carlito
Nov 17th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Yeah, cool concept! :D

Pu the Owl
Nov 17th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Thanks everyone! Artist, the face is there, but I wanted to cover and confuse it. So I added clockworks, wheels and other mechanical stuff, plus scratches etc.

It was a lot simpler at the beginning, and silver, but the silver monochrome wasn't that good. Too cold.

Vulcan Raven
Nov 20th, 2003, 01:07 AM
That is truly a masterpeice Fortune, go public, same with you Kupo Artist (the_artist) You guys and gals have unimagionable talent and it needs to be noticed

Pu the Owl
Nov 21st, 2003, 08:19 PM
Well, thanks a lot for the nice comment Grim_Reaper :)

Piggle_humsy
Nov 22nd, 2003, 10:22 PM
Hey Fortune,

Ive never seen any of your art work b4!
I didnt know you were this amazing artist, I love this Mirror Mirror work, Its beautiful, Im not sure what it is about it but it totally captures me.

I love the handle and the background, it all works so beautifully!

I am truly taken by your work. :)

Grim's Right, I could totally see myself walking round an art gallery looking at your stuff. :D

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Pu the Owl
Nov 23rd, 2003, 10:54 AM
Hey, thanks a lot Piggle! That's a really cool compliment, very appreciated :)