PDA

View Full Version : Aha... Prince of Persia the Sands of Time

goodman
Nov 7th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Several years ago a wonderful game came out by Konami, also made for other systems by other companies.... called Prince of Persia. Classic game, all the way through, had some hypnotic music and very tough jumps and skilled timing moves that a person would have to work with, but all in all a great game. Finally a new game has come to the ps2 called Prince of Persia the Sands of Time. IGN gives it its highest regards, saying that it incorporates essentially everything you want in a game, and a score of 9.6. Anyways, check it out, im sure they arent wrong on this and that it will be a satisfying experience. Sure wish the gaming industry marketed games year around instead of three or four months out of the year, but sometime over the next several months we will talk about all the great games jumping out of the woodwork... Oh and i believe the game may be availble for other systems also...

MakgSnake
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:39 PM
This game is said to be the best Adventure game of ALL TIME. And after playing the DEMO, I think its gonna happen. This game will take away everybody. I AM SOOOOOO FREAKING buying this game.

I love an animation, and the movement and the music and turning back time. WOW!.!

goodman
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Yeah i was reading about the effort they put into the graphics, definitely a very indepth and gorgeous game and the gameplay will keep you going full throttle. Oh, and Makg, if you do get it, there is a roll move that isnt mentioned in the game manual that will help you get through some tough spots, hold forward and push X at the moment of impact to produce the roll move. Its better to know it now than get stuck somewhere not knowing it, a person in another forum mentioned it...

MakgSnake
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Aah thanks......I will do so. I just hope controls are good enough on the GameCube, because I am buying the NGC version...............

Ive seen on the internet showing the boxart of the Xbox version and it says "Live Enabled". I wonder what it means, ...downloadable content?..?

goodman
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Here is the official site for Sands of Time.......

http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/index.php

Infernal Mass
Nov 12th, 2003, 08:24 PM
this game is getting great reviews, the only thing holding it back from going into my library is the difficulty..from what i've read it's real easy..there's a very thin line between easy and boring. With titles like that time is a factor..i don't want to play this game and be amazed for like 2 weeks then never play it again.

however i've seen the demo in OXM. Great graphics,sound and superb animations. I may pick this up..

Infernal Mass
Nov 12th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Aah thanks......I will do so. I just hope controls are good enough on the GameCube, because I am buying the NGC version...............

Ive seen on the internet showing the boxart of the Xbox version and it says "Live Enabled". I wonder what it means, ...downloadable content?..?

Makg, if you own an xbox you may want to consider grabbing that version. I've read a review at IGn which says the audio on the GCn version was compressed..probably due to the small disc.

As for the "Live Enabled" feature. Prince of Persia, is xbox live aware. Meaning if you're playing this game you can still recieve invites from your xbox buddies. Other than that there are no downlable features.

goodman
Nov 12th, 2003, 09:49 PM
BJ, as you know, im a big advocate of renting so there is certainly nothing wrong with taking that avenue. I do believe the hype, though, because the game on the SNES was quite mesmerizing, i will fill you in some if i play it before you...

MakgSnake
Nov 13th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks BJ for letting me know about the Live Enabled thing. Oh and I know this may sound a little stupid, but the only reason I wanna buy the GameCube version is because I wanna increase my library for that system, thats why I am gonna get "Soul Calibur 2" for the system and buy "Beyond Good And Evil" for that system too...........

I dont know.......I guess I have to think about getting PoP: SOT, on Xbox or GameCube. Hmmmm.........

Infernal Mass
Nov 13th, 2003, 04:55 PM
just got back in with a copy..i'll throw some impression up in a few.

Infernal Mass
Nov 13th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Oh and I know this may sound a little stupid, but the only reason I wanna buy the GameCube version is because I wanna increase my library for that system,

that does sound stupid, why get the inferior version. You get all the xtras plus the best lighting and sound...Especially with such a great game high quality game. but hey, your choice. :)

goodman
Nov 14th, 2003, 12:23 AM
The way i look at it, i dont want to put money into a system that i really dont use, although i know what your doing, Makg, i did it with the Saturn six years ago. But its enough to support the ps2, and i dont buy many games new anymore, their value holds for such a short time that its worth it to either rent or buy used. Thats my perspective, which im sure many dont hold, but ive bought boatloads of games over the years and kinda watch what i spend money on so i dont waste it... I bought the original Prince of Persia full price, believe it was 59.99 on the SNES. That was a very fun experience indeed! I think many games on the SNES were worth the purchase price...

MakgSnake
Nov 14th, 2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by goodman

The way i look at it, i dont want to put money into a system that i really dont use, although i know what your doing, Makg, i did it with the Saturn six years ago
Yeah thats true too....I agree with you, its just I want more games on GameCube, and when it comes to sound or picture. It wouldn't matter much, as I dont use ultra high end stuff. Still........plus now that I think about it........GameCube controller is just a little better. Plus I'll increase my collection for that system. :)

Infernal Mass
Nov 14th, 2003, 01:16 AM
the game looks great!

plays pretty good too..

goodman
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Hey, BJ, id like to hear more, tell me about this game some, ok.....

Infernal Mass
Nov 19th, 2003, 08:48 PM
cool, got any specific questions?

i got to around 65%, a little bit after the prince ripped off his right sleeve..and then started over. i messed up and didn't collect all the sand clouds, they are vital! The more sand clouds you collect the more sand tanks are made..i didn't know that. i thought they were just recharge stations for sand, so i skipped a few...big mistake!

also, the use of water is pretty clever in this game. it can be your worst enemy or your best friend..water recovers health, but also prevents the prince from climbing walls..he slips when his feet are wet.

goodman
Nov 20th, 2003, 08:02 PM
What would you rate the graphics, ive heard they are very detailed. Also what do you think of the music and the controls? Just some starting questions, and what do you think the overall game length probably is...

Infernal Mass
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:00 PM
It seems like a perfect sized adventure, given the detail and level of production that can be appreciated along the way. When i stopped playing the sun had just risen in the game, as a matter a fact the puzzle i left off on utilized the sunlight and reflecting it off mirrors..and that was around 65%. By the time i got there i was very satisfied with that 65%.

The graphics are outstanding. The prince sports around 750 different animations to make his transitions between moves look really nice and fluid. Great lighting and detail to the enviorments. I own the xbox version but they'll most likely be just as impressive on the ps2 given the hardware's capabilities. the controls are great, not complicated at all. Sound in this game is immersive, if you got a good set of headphones or home theater system throw the volume up for this one.

goodman
Nov 20th, 2003, 11:55 PM
The original PoP was very nicely detailed through and through, and this game is created by the originator of the series so its great to see that he has flourished under the new software and hardware. I expect he has held off until he could make the game work the way he really wanted it instead of putting out something just for the sake of having something out there for name recognition, which we often see nowadays. Good to hear that, BJ, i will pick it up soon im sure... Fatal Frame 2 is pretty much my only fast buy of this holiday season...

Infernal Mass
Nov 30th, 2003, 02:58 AM
finally beat the game,

9.2/10

goodman
Nov 30th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Excellente!

Infernal Mass
Nov 30th, 2003, 10:17 PM
took me under 8 hours,

goodman
Nov 30th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Thats ok, it will still be fun, and i will get it sometime cheap im sure...

Reid
Jan 13th, 2004, 12:57 PM
I just picked up The Prince of Persia (PS2 version) and have played about an hour of it.

This game seems to be pretty fantastic so far. The environments and the Prince's movements look beautiful and the storyline has much more depth than I was expecting from a game of this type.

On another note, I managed to find this game at regular price ($70 Canadian) but packaged with Splinter Cell which I gave to one of my friends for splitting the price, so this was packaged brand new for only $35.

:D

The controls in this game are really great as well and the time system is very well done.

I'd recommend this one to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Infernal Mass
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:39 AM
it's a bit ironic how the original games sorta inspred tomb raider, and now that tomb raider is dead (:() prince of persia is back. i wish TR had gameplay like this. It reminded me of how much fun i had playing the older tomb raiders. It's alot faster in pace though..

i need to get my copy back, i want to play this game now.

goodman
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Got it on my wish list for about $20, the price for POP, LOTRROTK and the Medal of Honor games have already dropped very low, i will own them, but wont have paid a lot since there isnt any reason to... all these games people pay full price for i get for 1/3 that cost by just waiting...

Infernal Mass
Feb 12th, 2004, 10:50 AM
I don't mind paying full price for a game when it's worth it. I look at like this: I'd rather play a good game right when it's available to play..rather than sit around for 3/4 months talking about playing it.

Although, i wish i would've waited about 3 months for prince of persia. They're putting splinter cell in the package now(xbox versions).. i still need to get that game. I've beaten it twice already, but i'd like to own it.

goodman
Feb 12th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Im generally hot to trot on games that i know i will like. One thing about ps2 games is many are very short, so although i may enjoy playing it, i dont want to be paying for it full price. Thats just me, i could buy it full price, but ive stymied the anticipation over the years after having paid full price for games that could have easily been experienced for a $5 rental fee with just as much enjoyment... Im hearing that POP will be fun, and all, but after you play it your pretty much done, which, although i played the original a few times, after a few times i was done, for sure. I expect it will be the same for this...

Dactrius
Feb 12th, 2004, 06:52 PM
The logical solution then, would be to rent it. I rented it for one night and took it back the next day 100% complete. I would have been really annoyed if I had bought it, but I suppose you could save at your favourite bits and replay them when you had the urge. There's a bit of replay value right there, but not enough to warrant a full purchase.

Only pay the full price if you're slow with games or only have a litle amount of time to play them. Either that or wait for it to go platinum.

Infernal Mass
Feb 12th, 2004, 07:47 PM
egm awarded prince of persia with it's game of the year award. Took me by surprise actually..but it really is a well done project. Given the amount of detail and work involved with this title..i think it merits a full purchase rather than a rental. Which is why i bought it, it may not be an epic adventure that lasts 24 hours. Although prince of persia is what it is..a fine game, worth every second.

goodman
Feb 12th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Actually, i got Tenchu Wrath of Heaven last fall, and when im done playing Fatal Frame 2 (on the third go around), i will eventually continue it. Then several other games and i will make it to POP eventually, thanks for the input IM as always...

goodman
Mar 21st, 2004, 01:08 PM
WOOT!

Got a deal, IM!!

Prince Of Persia:The Sands Of Time (Playstation 2)

Best Price: $12.50
List Price: $49.95 (Save $37.45)

goodman
Mar 21st, 2004, 07:17 PM
Its confirmed! Im now the proud owner of a practically brand new copy of Prince of Persia Sands of Time and i got it ~

We are writing to inform you that your recent order has been confirmed by the seller.

Order Information

Prince Of Persia:The Sands Of Time (Playstation 2, Year: 2003)
Ubi Soft Entertainment
Price: $12.50
Condition: Like New

Order to Ship By: 03/22/2004
Shipping Method: Media Mail
Estimated Date of Arrival: 03/26/2004 to 04/07/2004

DSgamer
Mar 22nd, 2004, 01:32 AM
damn u goodman, i envy u

goodman
Mar 22nd, 2004, 06:30 AM
Thats why i wait on buying most games nowadays, eventually i will get it for potentially as much as 75 percent cheaper than when it first goes on sale, and its only been a little over three months since this very good game came out...

Infernal Mass
May 7th, 2004, 04:24 PM
http://www.princeofpersiagame.com/teaser/us/

goodman
May 19th, 2004, 07:37 PM
After having finally popped the game into my ps2, i must say POP is a beautiful game! Wow, gorgeous, lush, deadly, and im rdy to have some fun!