PDA

View Full Version : whay.........?

Dmx
Oct 6th, 2003, 01:46 PM
are the game half life 2 it's just for x-box and pc????
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Infernal Mass
Oct 7th, 2003, 05:23 AM
great thread. keep up the good work

Dmx
Oct 7th, 2003, 09:07 AM
thank's man!!!!!!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Frozen
Oct 7th, 2003, 12:47 PM
FLMAO, ROOFLE.

I guess the reason whay thay releast Half-Life only for X _Box is cuz PS2 can't handel a FPS as rich such as this game. The same reason a PS2 can't handle a game like HALO.

That is my guess.

Azuma_Ninja
Oct 7th, 2003, 02:35 PM
I'd have to agree with Frozen. There's no way PS2 would be able to handle that game.

kupoartist
Oct 8th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Azuma_Ninja
I'd have to agree with Frozen. There's no way PS2 would be able to handle that game.
supposedly, the engine is scalable so that anyone around GeForce 1 level will be able to play it. I'd say the PS2 is about that level (the XBox has been compared to a GeForce 3 type card). Of course, It won't look too great, but nevertheless, it'd be somthing.

Valve did go on record as being interested as to what Sony and Nintendo's next gen plans were though: they're quite keen for a next gen console release, but the current wave (excepting the XBox) are to be excluded as being "too much hassle for a inferior product" or somthing.

Not sure what the current status is on the Xbox version after all this "coming Holiday 2003"/ leaked source code stuff... I'd have thought that the PC and Xbox releases may end up closer...

Infernal Mass
Oct 8th, 2003, 01:07 PM
i heard it got pushed back 4 more months.

kupoartist
Oct 8th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by BeetleJuice
i heard it got pushed back 4 more months.
Valve says "Holiday 2003", Vivendi says "April 2004". The damage done by the release of the engine on the net hasn't been fully calculated, so I'm reckoning that Vivendi's is the worst case scenario guess, Valve's is the best. Sadly, I reckon its going to be out in January or Feburary on PC... I don't think the XBox release will be that seriously effected.