PDA

View Full Version : Xiii

MakgSnake
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:14 PM
How many of you are excited about this amazing looking FPS. Its coming out soon in October. I wont be able to buy it right away....but eventually will buy this beauty.

The game suppose to have amazing storyline, but other then that it has special multiplayer matches for each console.

Posted by Harry @ 12:28 AM
New details about XIII's multiplayer modes
Ubisoft unveiled new details about the multiplayer modes for XIII, the original first-person shooter scheduled expect to ship in Europe and North America in Fall 2003 for Playstation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. All the versions of the game will include classic Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture The Flag modes, but each console will also have exclusive additional modes.

The Playstation 2 version will include two additional multiplayer modes, "The Hunt" and "Power Up" - both modes will be playable with up to four players online, and in two-player split screen mode offline.

In "The Hunt" players must chase a running target throughout the map, and according to how much damage is inflicted each time the target is hit, players receive a variable amount of points. To make things more difficult, the more times the target is hit, the smaller it becomes, and while players are awarded extra points for killing the target, touching it will result in immediate death.

The "Power Up" mode is a "special" Deathmatch multiplayer mode, which includes unique pick-ups that become accessible according to the player's score position - the best player will get the worst pick-ups, and vice versa. Pick-ups in Power Up mode also include funny ones like "SuperGnome" which causes characters to become deformed.

Xbox players will have the luck of enjoying the game in four-player split-screen offline mode, plus in an exclusive Xbox Live mode called "Sabotage", where two teams must fight to take control of different key points in the map. GameCube players will have no online modes, but they will be able to enjoy the game in four-player split screen mode. Finally, the PC version of XIIIwill feature online modes for up to eight player per map, and also an exclusive map editor to let gamers create their own levels.

Sounds pretty amazing to me. I will be buying the Xbox version, because of the 4 player Splitscreen option.

But I just wanted to know.....if anyone here could answer. Can I do system link like HALO for this game. That is 4 console means 16 player. Please answer.

Oh and here are some amazing pics.

I believe, an Xbox pic. (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/xiii/screenshots/images/29.jpg)

Single player. (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/xiii/screenshots/images/33.jpg)

Ps2 shot. (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/games/xiii/screenshots/images/35.jpg)

And just for the record, this game has been getting quite a few awards too. Sounds promising.

kupoartist
Sep 15th, 2003, 12:46 PM
If the reviews say that the AI has been fixed, i'll be extremely interested. Put simply, the game looks brilliant, stylish and supported by an amazing story. however, the release of the demo was accompanied by lots of sneering comments at the pathetic AI and therefore, the rather crap gameplay, which was a great shame as the same people were very keen on the rather innovative way XIII did things.

However, the Demo was released some time ago. Hopefully, they've learned their mistake and have built a much more fun game to play. When I hear that from a reviewer, i'll not hesitate to pick up a copy.