PDA

View Full Version : TBR The Angel Of Darkness

tempted
Sep 14th, 2003, 07:31 AM
I don't really understand this game,i've played all the other 5 of TBR and loved it..but this one ..is weird ...

What do you think?

ssjtrunks13
Sep 14th, 2003, 09:42 PM
I haven't beat it myself, but I've already seen the end and most everything else. To me it's very dissappointing, I even stopped playing it because of this and if I do get back into it it'd be just to find out more about that Kurt dude.

Infernal Mass
Sep 15th, 2003, 06:55 AM
nothing beats the classics..1-3 were all great. 4/5 were alright.

Angel of Darkness was a let down, i think Core just needed more time. Eidos and Sony didn't allow it though

Vicious_2003
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:14 AM
MUST.....FIGHT URGE..TO DISS ALL THE CRAPPY...TOMB RAIDER GAMES !........ONLY....CHANCE IS....TO...TURN COMPUTER OFF NOW !

Power: off

dan da man
Sep 17th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Ignore some people here!

TR AOD is lame, just remember the old ones or play em if your still up for it.

tempted
Sep 17th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Thanks!
I've put this game aside for a while,at least until i'm ready to get nervous again...

Uchiha Sasuke
Sep 17th, 2003, 02:30 PM
AOD sucks, Tomb Raider 2 Stomps ALL!

Vicious_2003
Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:27 PM
OH GOD I JUST CANT RESIST !

The TOmb Raider games were Trash. Part 1,2,3,4,5,6,7, 8, IT DOESENT MATTER they were all terrible. Lets take a look at what makes a game good and see how these games stacked up

Controls- Absolutely garbage !

Graphics- Again, trash. Polygonal Knockers get a thumbs down from me

Story- Hmmm....a chick goes around raiding Tombs for treasures and gets involved with extreemly generic plots to of course rule, or destroy, the world. I could have thought up deeper plots when I was ten.

Fun Factor- I tried to find these games fun. But the shit controls, the weak storyline, and the extreemly blocky graphics just made me want to hang myself from my ceiling fan.

OK im sorry, I just couldnt help it. As much as you guys like them and want to post about them, I get the urge to dog on them because I hate them that much and am SICK of all the people who praise this game for seemingly no reason. Of course you all know this is just MY opinion, no need to get touchy ;) .

REChick14
Sep 28th, 2003, 08:36 AM
AOD is aight. I mean the graphics have definetly improved but the bugs in the game ruined it. For example I was in the sanitarium level and when I went through a door the next area was all black. The character would disappear and I would have to load from the last place I saved. But overall I liked AOD but not as much as the other ones. So far TR 2 is my favorite. As like Vicious_2003 said, the originals look crappy but to me graphics dont really matter. Well I might as well work on TR 3 so see ya later guys! ;)

Sleazy P Martini
Sep 28th, 2003, 01:11 PM
I loved 1 and 2.......after that, the series got old and stale to me.

And after hearing everyone trash AOD, I doubt I'll even rent it.

Infernal Mass
Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:20 AM
yeah Sleazy, it's not even worth a free rental.

Looking back at it, the game was incomplete..eidos knew it, sony knew it..and core deffinately knew it! Still i feel bad for Core design, they are gone and eidos kept Lara. their website closed 2 days ago..The nail in the coffin..

Lara's is coming to california based Crystal Dynamics, they've said that they aren't changing her character, but they are changing the image of tomb raider as a whole. The next game is going draw a great deal of influence from Japanese Manga and is due out in 2005.

Uchiha Sasuke
Nov 4th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by BeetleJuice

yeah Sleazy, it's not even worth a free rental.

Looking back at it, the game was incomplete..eidos knew it, sony knew it..and core deffinately knew it! Still i feel bad for Core design, they are gone and eidos kept Lara. their website closed 2 days ago..The nail in the coffin..

Lara's is coming to california based Crystal Dynamics, they've said that they aren't changing her character, but they are changing the image of tomb raider as a whole. The next game is going draw a great deal of influence from Japanese Manga and is due out in 2005.

This could be a good thing too.

Infernal Mass
Nov 7th, 2003, 07:35 AM
yeah at this point just about anythinig would be better than AOD.

goodman
Nov 9th, 2003, 11:58 PM
I saw AOD on sale at Blockbuster used for $19, man it dropped through the roof...

Gadzoox
Dec 12th, 2003, 12:11 AM
AOD is pure and complete crap. I was really excited about it and especially since they took EXTRA time on it you'd think it would be awesome, but I was utterly and completely disappointed.

The graphics suck, it seems like they still havent figured out how to better their grahpics and this game looks just like Tomb Raider. That's just sad!

The controls, what the hell is going on there?!?! I've only ever played Tomb Raider 1, 2, 3 on PC; this is the first time I've played it on PS2 and I wonder if all the PS2 Tomb Raider game controls were that bad! I couldn't get her to to where I wanted and it was ridiculuously frusterating to get her to run and jump even!

I Didn't even get past the first part where she's in the alley. I Didn't WANT to get past that part!!! I just thank god I only rented it; even still i'm upset that I spent $3 on renting it.

I honestly hope Crystal Dynamics can save Lara.

Infernal Mass
Dec 12th, 2003, 03:36 AM
i also hope Crystal Dynamics does well, i just want one more good Tomb Raider adventure.

ssjtrunks13
Dec 12th, 2003, 07:45 AM
Looks like it's just me, but I didn't think the controls were bad. I just didn't like how they changed some of the controls from Tomb Raider 2.

Infernal Mass
Dec 12th, 2003, 01:40 PM
i was able to make it thru the game, the first few days were the worse though. There's quite a few other glitches in the game..

the fight with boaz took me about a good 20-25 minutes..it just would not die..
and the final battle would've been classic TR if it wasn't so easy..