PDA

View Full Version : Lord Of The Rings: The Treason Of Isengard

Harry
Aug 20th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Hi all,

we're having a preview-interview with Adam Kahn, senior Pr Manager of Vivendi Universal Games, about the game Lord Of The Rings: The Treason Of Isengard - I'm asking if there is anybody in here, maybe some fan of Tolkien's works, that would like to ask some question about the game.

Thanks!

Preventer Wind
Aug 21st, 2003, 12:17 AM
Do we just ask our questions here?

Harry
Aug 21st, 2003, 07:40 AM
Yes, we'll add them to our list of questions. Just remember that if you have any question, you should let us know ASAP, since we should have the interview tomorrow.

Frozen
Aug 21st, 2003, 09:48 AM
Alright sir, here's some questions:

-Are this the same guys that made the first game of LOTR for PS2? (which sucks IMO)

-Is it going to be action-based just like The Two Towers, or will it have some RPG element on it?

-Will it stick to the Book of which it is taking it's title from, or will it go more to the movies side?

These are actually sudden news, Harry, so I may come out with some more questions later. Thank you :)

Harry
Aug 21st, 2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Frozen

Alright sir, here's some questions:

-Are this the same guys that made the first game of LOTR for PS2? (which sucks IMO)

-Is it going to be action-based just like The Two Towers, or will it have some RPG element on it?

-Will it stick to the Book of which it is taking it's title from, or will it go more to the movies side?

These are actually sudden news, Harry, so I may come out with some more questions later. Thank you :)

Hehe I know, sorry about that. By the way, the answer to the first question is Yes, the game is being developed by Surreal Software, again. Anyhow, they were just half responsible for the issues of the previous game - in fact, the project was cross platform, and they didn't have full control over the game. Actually, the Ps2 version was way better than the one on Xbox, mainly thanks to the changes introduced by Surreal. Hopefully this time they had time to refine some ideas seen in the previous game.

By the way, thanks for the questions :)

Frozen
Aug 21st, 2003, 10:39 AM
Thanks for answering my first question, Harry, here's a couple more:

-Are they planning to release more games related to LOTR?

-When should we expect the game to come out?

MakgSnake
Aug 21st, 2003, 01:46 PM
Not a very good question, but is this game going work in 3rd Person view and 1st person....?.... Like Morrowind on the Xbox and Computer.?.?

Cause games like these should be done in that manner. Just wondering, if they'll take elements from other games.

Preventer Wind
Aug 21st, 2003, 03:02 PM
Ok then....

1. Can you control Treebeard at any point in the game?

2. Is it going to play like the first game or is it going to be more of a straightforward hack and slash/action game?

3. Are the bosses going to be more difficult?

4. How much gameplay is there? How long will it take to beat?

5. Is there a main character or can you choose who you want to be throughout most of the game?

dan da man
Aug 21st, 2003, 03:22 PM
My question.

Will it be online?:D

Vicious_2003
Aug 21st, 2003, 06:41 PM
Considering all the good questions have allready been put out there Id ask the obvious one.

- What is the target release date ? Will each console version be released simultaniously ?

- Will the game utilize the second analog stick in any way ?

- Will you give me money ? How about if I beg ?

- Mr.Kahn Im thinking of a number between 0ne and one hundred, WHAT IS IT !?

I think you can decihper which questions are the serious ones ;)

Harry
Aug 21st, 2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Vicious_2003

Considering all the good questions have allready been put out there Id ask the obvious one.

- What is the target release date ? Will each console version be released simultaniously ?

- Will the game utilize the second analog stick in any way ?

- Will you give me money ? How about if I beg ?

- Mr.Kahn Im thinking of a number between 0ne and one hundred, WHAT IS IT !?

I think you can decihper which questions are the serious ones ;)

Hahaha the last one I guess. Thanks all! The official release date is currently November 2003.

(By the way, sorry if there are many releases missing in the Release Dates section - we updated the European releases yesterday and we should update the U.S. releases today & tomorrow.)

Preventer Wind
Aug 22nd, 2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Harry

Hahaha the last one I guess. Thanks all! The official release date is currently November 2003

Wow, how many questions do you plan on asking? :laugh: When do you think the interview will be up?

Redpyramidhead
Aug 22nd, 2003, 01:27 AM
Umm... I hope I'm not too late to get in on this. But here go a few...

-Are you planning on refining the controls do to the fact gamers found the ones in the previous installment a bit slippery? Could the sense of action be touched up?

-Are there going to be as many small tasks to complete, which some gamers felt tedious and got in the way of the story?

-Is the same graphics engine going to be used or has a new one been designed to deal with issues in the previous game?

-Is it possible to play as some of the evil characters so as to get a feel for the different stories as they come together? Sarumon as a playable character would certainly be interesting.

-Perhaps some strategy could be incorporated? It would be neat to try and plan the Ents' attack on Isengard and then have to carry it out yourself. Treebeard would make a great playable character. Could strategy also be implemented in protecting Helm's Deep?

-And finally, do you feel the voice acting in the game can be up to par with the movie? What can you add that's unique to that and part of your vision?

-Are the cutscenes going to be more cinematic so as to put the movie liscensed game in its place so as to promote your own vision?

Just some ideas. Hope some of them are good questions :cool:
Thanks Harry for the great interviews and stories you've been doing!

_RED_ stuff

Harry
Aug 22nd, 2003, 08:52 AM
About ten questions, but many of them will be a mix of two or three of the ones you wrote in here. Thanks all!

Harry
Sep 12th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Well, bad news guys and gals. We were still waiting to have our interview, and I was starting to have a strange feeling, and the game was cancelled. We just received an e-mail from Adam Kahn, and apparently the game was cancelled because it "was not shaping up as strongly as anticipated and would likely not satisfy the expectations of Tolkien fans".

Maybe we have the strange, curious power of bringing developers bad luck... if you ever want a game cancelled in the future, have a call to your ol' uncle Harry, ok?

Full news (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/singlenews.php?newsid=1063402534,56039,)

goodman
Sep 12th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Thanks for all your interest in this series, friend Harry, and the good news to me is that EA is putting out the gorgeous Lord of the Rings The Return of the King this fall on ps2. Here is a quickie shot.... http://www.ebgames.com/gmspImages/52/520232/eb/pt_0036_.jpg

Now i may be wrong, but i have a feeling this will be one of the finest games of the year, just as The Two Towers was an exceptional, albeit difficult in places, game. So everyone join me and Uncle Harry in a salute to a glorious fall!