PDA

View Full Version : Should FFXI be online!?

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 4th, 2002, 08:53 AM
Do you think that FFXI should be on line or should they have left it to its original form

trunks69420
Mar 4th, 2002, 01:21 PM
I will have to see more before i make my final judgement.

kupoartist
Mar 4th, 2002, 01:43 PM
I think its a good idea for the FF series to move on to somthing new, I just doubt the Internet is ready:
Broadband, seems to be getting on only ok-ish in America and Japan. As for the Internet's "third-world" (also the Health-care and Winter Olympic's), the UK; I think broadband is many years away.

I also have doubts over the choice of primary platform. As much as I like the PS2, the idea of spending god-forsaken ammounts of cash on a Hard-Drive and Net adapter (shouldn't these have come as standard?!), not too mention buying and subscribing to the damn game as well (and then theres the cost of the PS2

Therefore I'll most likely play FFXI on PC....

Rei
Mar 4th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Oh well, I think it should be online, at least we'll be able to try something different :D
But I completely agree with the artist: the Internet is not ready for something like this. At least, in some countries it is not.
And not everyone will be able to get all the accessories to play FFXI online (like PS2 keyboard to chat or modem to connect to the internet or other stuff like this).

IcyMourdor
Mar 4th, 2002, 07:12 PM
It would be nice to see it go online. I highly doubt it will be though right away.

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 08:17 PM
i dont want it to be online it will be worse

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 5th, 2002, 10:16 AM
I dont want it on line either if somethins not broke don't fix it

GaseousSnake
Mar 5th, 2002, 12:12 PM
I dont think that would be a good idea.Online gameplay for any console title is not a very good idea.Online gaming should be left for the PC.

Thats why i have a new fav game console which is the GC.They r not all that keen about online gaming.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 5th, 2002, 05:51 PM
For teens like myself...getting the game and all the other junk for it would just cost too much!! I think it's a cool idea but just too soon....I say wait for more games to switch over and see if they succeed before taking a high risk like this, especially with Square's money issues and all.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 6th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Yea the cost is gonna suck to buy everything you are gonna need for it

GaseousSnake
Mar 6th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Thats why i like Nintendo.They r waiting for Sony and Microsoft to Test the online gaming industry for them b4 they commit themselves to the sector.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 6th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Wow, that's smart thinking on Nintendo's part

kupoartist
Mar 7th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Neo_Soldier28
Yea the cost is gonna suck to buy everything you are gonna need for it

unless of course you wait for the pc version. (although you may not have a capable pc....)

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 7th, 2002, 05:57 PM
my pc isn't capable of anything!

BlackThornn
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:28 AM
Expanding is always a good marketing move for such a successful franchise... but I don't think it should be called FFXI. It's too much of a divergence from the normal flow of Final Fantasy games for that. It should be called Final Fantasy Online or something such as that.

I'm planning on saving up enough money to get the hard drive and modem for the PS2, as well as FFXI, but I'm not looking foward to spending so much money on these components.. I'll need to be getting an extra keyboard as well, USB, of course, so there's more dead presidents being tossed away in the name of the Playstation 2.

Though I'm looking foward to see what Square is cooking up for it's online FF incarnation, I hope it doesn't become the standard. Online gaming is really meant for the PC, IMHO. (One hand on the mouse, the other typing quick messages.. to hold the dualshock you need both hands)

kupoartist
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by BlackThornn
Though I'm looking foward to see what Square is cooking up for it's online FF incarnation, I hope it doesn't become the standard. Online gaming is really meant for the PC, IMHO. (One hand on the mouse, the other typing quick messages.. to hold the dualshock you need both hands)

Presumably, as the PC version is being developed pratically alongside the PS2 version (Is anyone listening to me on this ? :laugh: ) the Keyboard and mouse combo will eliminate the necessity for the dual shock controller. though If the PC versions of FFVII and VIII are anything to go by, the controls will suck. ;)

Mana
Mar 13th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire
my pc isn't capable of anything!

Neither mine!
And I'm not sure I'll be able to play FFXI if it's online (and it is :p) because my connection, but not only mine, it's so slow! It takes me ages to download things from the Internet! I can't even think of playing a game like FFXI using my normal connection!

kupoartist
Mar 14th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Hmm... actually... my 28k a second may not be up to it either... though by the time i'm on i'll be in a job so i can get broadband (which alledgedly does exist in the Internet's third-world : the UK)