PDA

View Full Version : And here comes the Real "Snake".

MakgSnake
Aug 3rd, 2003, 09:46 PM
Namco Hometek Inc. announced today that the company has secured the rights to develop and publish video games based on Snake Plissken, from the feature films "Escape from New York" and "Escape from LA."

Sounds pretty nice eh. But lets hope that the games live up to its MOVIE experience. I love both those movies....... and as we all know that games based on Movies turn out a little blue. But Old Movies turning into games doesn't come in the same leage. "The Thing"..."Star War Games"..

So fingers crossed..... and it is said that game"s" will come out at the end of 2005. ...... Seems like it just might arrive on PS3 then Ps2. There is more to this story.. which really excites me. I love the character "Snake Plissken"... after all SOLID SNAKE is based on that character. :D

Check out the full scoop. (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1059602767,61994,)

Hero
Aug 4th, 2003, 03:21 AM
Don't take me for a negative person, but I think it's going to blow over. Unless they get Kurt Russel to do the voice, and the producers of the movie to plot the story and game type, then it's going to blow over. The thing about the "Escape" movies was that they didn't have a baseline type to them. They were like a "new school western" type of movie. Plisskin didn't rely on stealth or gadgets to get his job done. It was more of an engaging story showing how he came out on top with his attitude. Unless it's going to be a scenario "choose response" RPG with turn based combat, then I see no other ventures.

If they make it an action game, say hello to the next "Robocop" or "Terminator" action games.

dan da man
Aug 4th, 2003, 07:04 AM
I dont agree with that! it's quite plain that they want to be like metal gear. pfft.

MakgSnake
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Hero

Don't take me for a negative person, but I think it's going to blow over. Unless they get Kurt Russel to do the voice, and the producers of the movie to plot the story and game type, then it's going to blow over.
Both John Carpenter and Kurt Russel are on this Video Game Project. I left a link at the bottom. It says all in it. And well its not going to be like METAL GEAR. Its Escape From LA, New York. It'll have more action. And they are not trying to make Solid Snake. But creating a action hero legend "Snake Plissken".

Its going to be a game of its own. Nothing to do with Metal Gear or anything. And seeing that John Carpentar and Kurt working on the title.... seems like it'll turn out good.

Hero
Aug 4th, 2003, 04:53 PM
Yeah, since "Vampires" was such a good movie, I guess it will be okay. [/sarcasm]

I'm starting to not trust Carpenters' work as much as before. Kurt Russel's career is also less than perfect right now.

Infernal Mass
Aug 4th, 2003, 07:05 PM
I heard about this news back in December early January..back then though John Carpenter hadn't made a deal with anyone yet. Although he was confident that the Snake Plissken games would be a success.

Plissken, was the main inspiration behind the character Solid Snake. Hideo Kojima even mentioned in an interview that one of his favorite films of all time is Escape from NY. Anyone who has seen the film can clearly see the similarities it shares with MGS.

And now finally the character responsible for such inspiration is coming...but more important than that is Namco's decision to bring the Snake Plissken Chronicles to us all.

dan da man
Aug 4th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by BeetleJuice
Plissken, was the main inspiration behind the character Solid Snake. Hideo Kojima even mentioned in an interview that one of his favorite films of all time is Escape from NY. Anyone who has seen the film can clearly see the similarities it shares with MGS.

Yes that was big news, I just dont like Namco Hometek Inc. thats all:D

Frozen
Aug 5th, 2003, 11:09 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to this game.

blindman
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:45 AM
End of 2005? hell.:disturb:

dan da man
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Blindman

End of 2005? hell.:disturb:

I know thats bullshit, it annoys me when people post news and it like 2 1/2 years away:laugh: j/k.

blindman
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:29 PM
hehe, yeah. I mean, gosh, by that time we'll forget about the idea. Heh, uh...

MakgSnake
Aug 12th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Its just like......giving the news early. Letting people think about it right now. And when it'll come near its release... the hype will rise. And people will talk like "Yeah, I heard about it...long time"..

I remember about the Spider Man movie.......... I heard about it in 1999, and I was like "DAMN, Comming in 2002.....oh crap". But it was worth a wait.

Just hope, this game is too.......